2021 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Thanks for the input!

Before the season started he was my #2 target scout for the year he and Lance were the two players I was most excited to finalize my notes on. I spend years on these guys looking at them putting notes in and finding things in their games I want to see them grow from year to year and I understand the uncertainty of this year but IMO some people love football and some people love to work their abilities and be recognized. Honestly Chase got suspended and had no need to come back last year for OSU with his hype and status and film. But not only did he come back he set a record for sacks in the year and played his tail off in a playoff game and risked injury bad outings and took the opportunity to do what he loves. I understand every players right to sit.
But IMO if you truely love this game and your team when they came back players who care about the game and teammates wouldn’t have thought twice. I just can’t pick these players if I’m a team that is bad and needs to change the identity and have guys at the top of their draft be leaders for the rest of the rookies how do you come in as a fifth round pick and the team picked a guy that says in round one and he’s trying to inspire you talking about having passion and going all out when clearly they don’t stand for those things. I know I am being really short sighted on this issue but I think if I had my job on the line for every take we make and if my jobs on the line I’d hopefully find a equal value for a guy that laced up this season when my pick is on the clock this year

53 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Before the season started he was my #2 target scout for the year he and Lance were the two players I was most excited to finalize my notes on. I spend years on these guys looking at them putting notes in and finding things in their games I want to see them grow from year to year and I understand the uncertainty of this year but IMO some people love football and some people love to work their abilities and be recognized. Honestly Chase got suspended and had no need to come back last year for OSU with his hype and status and film. But not only did he come back he set a record for sacks in the year and played his tail off in a playoff game and risked injury bad outings and took the opportunity to do what he loves. I understand every players right to sit.
But IMO if you truely love this game and your team when they came back players who care about the game and teammates wouldn’t have thought twice. I just can’t pick these players if I’m a team that is bad and needs to change the identity and have guys at the top of their draft be leaders for the rest of the rookies how do you come in as a fifth round pick and the team picked a guy that says in round one and he’s trying to inspire you talking about having passion and going all out when clearly they don’t stand for those things. I know I am being really short sighted on this issue but I think if I had my job on the line for every take we make and if my jobs on the line I’d hopefully find a equal value for a guy that laced up this season when my pick is on the clock this year

The sitting out is a hard thing to judge

On hand one like you if you love the game I think your out there, or at least as someone who played sports growing up is the way I would feel they woulda had to hold me out to stop me from playing.

On the other hand I've never had Millions of dollars at stake where something that has nothing to do with on the field could take that away, and all it could take is 1 of the 90 players on your team to lack in  safety protocals and maybe you get the virus and develop a heart condition and never get to play football again.

Adam Shefter said earlier today they still deciding the fate of the Combine this year,if that gets canceled could see some of the guys that didn't play this year slip though cause it been so long since they played/saw them compete in person

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I wouldn’t trade up for a guy a year away from football period. Love the player special talent!!! He’s legit the perfect guy for this defense. Still couldn’t do that.

I think that’s an awful way to look at it. COVID is an entire different animal for everyone. The uncertainties surrounding the pandemic is an entire different dynamic vs getting suspended bc Simone night your GF a plane ticket to a bowl game and then you returning. We also don’t know family situations of these players & why they may sit out. Some guys sit out bc they may have asthma or something else, some guys sit out because a family member may and they’d hate to get COVID then give it to your parents or whomever and then they die.

How many players sit out bowl games, you would pass on a Christian McCaffery bc of that?

Edited by turtle28

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think that’s an awful way to look at it. COVID is an entire different animal for everyone. The uncertainties surrounding the pandemic is an entire different dynamic vs getting suspended bc Simone night your GF a plane ticket to a bowl game and then you returning. We also don’t know family situations of these players & why they may sit out. Some guys sit out bc they may have asthma or something else, some guys sit out because a family member may and they’d hate to get COVID then give it to your parents or whomever and then they die.

How many players sit out bowl games, you would pass on a Christian McCaffery bc of that?

If they didn’t play last year and we still don’t have fans we’re still being regulated what player would you trade up for because what’s changing? So if they didn’t play last year why would they play this next year if it was about Covid? I don’t get to talk to these players but I don’t believe in rewarding people who make business decisions when none of them are sure things!!! These players in college should get paid and there are def variables I understand but if your running a team your jobs on the line who you taking that sat if your in the top 5 with the pressure on you?

I def knocked McCaffery he wasn’t hurt!!! I had a higher grade on Alvin and Henry before he sat that game McCaffery doesn’t have elite burst he’s a really intelligent player he has amazing hands but I thought Kamara was much better inside against better defenses with a lesser line. But your dang right I knocked him for that!!!

Edited by ripsean21

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If they didn’t play last year and we still don’t have fans we’re still being regulated what player would you trade up for because what’s changing? So if they didn’t play last year why would they play this next year if it was about Covid? I don’t get to talk to these players but I don’t believe in rewarding people who make business decisions when none of them are sure things!!! These players in college should get paid and there are def variables I understand but if your running a team your jobs on the line who you taking that sat if your in the top 5 with the pressure on you?

What if it was Trevor Lawrence?

I’d take the best player we can and the teams do get to talk to these players so I’m not really sure I understand your point there.

Again, you don’t know why they didn’t play you’re assuming a whole lot here.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I def knocked McCaffery he wasn’t hurt!!! I had a higher grade on Alvin and Henry before he sat that game McCaffery doesn’t have elite burst he’s a really intelligent player he has amazing hands but I thought Kamara was much better inside against better defenses with a lesser line. But your dang right I knocked him for that!!!

Think the difference when asking why would they play next year compared to college is TRUST it's alot easier to trust 53 grown man getting paid and most have families and/or homes they go back to and if they don't follow protocals(Like Haskins) can get cut and lose everything,the to trust 90 18-22 year old kids living in dorm rooms with a bunch of other kids that could party or go anywhere.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d take the best player we can and the teams do get to talk to these players so I’m not really sure I understand your point there.

I do think Guys will fall for not playing maybe not far but know atleast some people will question love of the game,then you have to worry about the shape they kept themselves in.Also  lack of tape from this season will hurt cause coaches didn't get to see growth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Think the difference when asking why would they play next year compared to college is TRUST it's alot easier to trust 53 grown man getting paid and most have families and/or homes they go back to and if they don't follow protocals(Like Haskins) can get cut and lose everything,the to trust 90 18-22 year old kids living in dorm rooms with a bunch of other kids that could party or go anywhere.

I do think Guys will fall for not playing maybe not far but know atleast some people will question love of the game,then you have to worry about the shape they kept themselves in.Also  lack of tape from this season will hurt cause coaches didn't get to see growth.

I completely understand the professional environment protocols and everything. But the guys that sat were all top rated prospects I’m not giving them a pass but again I don’t meet or talk to these guys I don’t know family history blood types none of that but foreal there were top guys that put it on the line and top guys didnt.

The ones that didn’t I’m sorry Trevor had everything to lose Waddle Fields Bateman I can go on and on everyone rated high preseason had the same risks and everything to lose as Chase Parsons Sewell Farley and so on. It’s my preference but I’m not giving a pass I empathize with the circumstance trust me nobody is above anyone in this world the risk is shared daily and as people I feel like people respected things better then I expected reguardless of belief. But if your the boss some guys came to work for you and some guys didn’t. You giving the guys that didn’t Guaranteed millions when the game is bigger and they haven’t even competed in a year and now their making a jump? People can say well what about Lance I love him he played a horrible for his stock game with 0 prep and if they could play a season I believe he would have because he risked that game. 

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He suited up he risked it!!! If he didn’t you best believe I knock him more then most already!!! Your boy Fields he risked his stock and that is why I respect him as a player I can lose with that guy!!! None of this changes how I evaluate what you see on the field my grades write ups and breakdowns are t personal I’m a fan of all these guys that lace it up!!!

im not assuming though I’ve said in countless Covid rants I do not meet them know the family blood type variables but dude I am talking about the top ten guys that are still considered top 15 locks. It’s not assuming I don’t know I’m giving my opinion if I was making this call without that information that’s my take on it because given the circumstances I don’t know so what I do is that was in a agents eyes a smart business decision for their future clients money wise. I’m coming at you for trying to upgrade a teams perspective and without interviews dedication and effort in losses that’s the only personal makeup we get from our seat.

Edited by ripsean21

Have seen a lot of mentions of a dangerous KR man. Obviously we need speed. Check out Marquez Stevenson from Houston — holy smokes that kid can flat out fly. He accelerates from stopped unlike almost anyone you’ll ever see. 

He leaves a fair amount to be desired as a receiver — total body catcher, not much route strength, and he doesn’t exactly snap off the cleanest routes — but when you’re that fast it doesn’t really matter so much. If he’s there in round 4, which seems unlikely given the priority placed on extreme speed, I’d consider taking him even if we already took a more polished speedy receiver earlier. He’s one of the rare players I’ve seen with legitimate game-changing speed. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Have seen a lot of mentions of a dangerous KR man. Obviously we need speed. Check out Marquez Stevenson from Houston — holy smokes that kid can flat out fly. He accelerates from stopped unlike almost anyone you’ll ever see. 

He leaves a fair amount to be desired as a receiver — total body catcher, not much route strength, and he doesn’t exactly snap off the cleanest routes — but when you’re that fast it doesn’t really matter so much. If he’s there in round 4, which seems unlikely given the priority placed on extreme speed, I’d consider taking him even if we already took a more polished so eedy receiver earlier. He’s one of the rare players I’ve seen with legitimate game-changing speed. 

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

He leaves a fair amount to be desired as a receiver — total body catcher, not much route strength, and he doesn’t exactly snap off the cleanest routes — but when you’re that fast it doesn’t really matter so much. If he’s there in round 4, which seems unlikely given the priority placed on extreme speed, I’d consider taking him even if we already took a more polished speedy receiver earlier. He’s one of the rare players I’ve seen with legitimate game-changing speed. 

So he’s Steven Sims 2.0 ?

29 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Think Wade would make a better FS then outside CB

He’s got the zone coverage ability and tackling ability!! I’d be all over that as well and he can go in the nickle so you can get creative on the back end with he and Curl if you want to package Landon in the box Curl or wade in the slot and nickle that’s a really nice package. You can do a lot mixing and matching those guys