2021 NFL Draft Thread

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably. But I wasn't thinking we would sign someone like Davis and then draft Olave in the 1st or anything. 

If Olave isn’t coming out my guess is that he didn’t get a 1st round projection from the advisory board which means we could’ve maybe had in the 2nd. Having Terry, a FA WR opposite him and Olave in the slot would’ve been impossible for opposing offenses to stop.

Olave is the next Keenan Allen write it down, you heard it here first. Scouts don’t have him projected to go first round this year and may not next year bc he doesn’t have 4.4 speed but all he does is make plays and make tough catches. He’s an exceptional route runner with great hands. Think Terry McLaurin with 4.5 speed instead of 4.35 speed like Terry had.

Olave’s production has been great  the last two years and he does it off of precise route running, not bc he’s running a 4.4 or lower.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

CB makes sense especially if Darby is gone but not sure Shaun Wade is worth it will his poor play this season, and Moreland is a good slot anyway potentially and Wade is not great as a boundary from what he showed this year.

The one guy who is good in the slot is fuller and we don't seem to want to play him there.  Moreland is a press corner but JDR seems to love off ball and zone variations despite having personnel that doesn't play that well.

We should consider making a run at Mackensie Alexander.  He can play slot.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean if we sign someone like Davis and Waddle drops, you take Waddle.  

Exactly that’s what I was saying to E about getting Samuel and if a player falls that signing doesn’t detract your decision it just gives you the bonus of really fortifying a position and you truely get BPA in the draft instead of not signing someone then reaching for a player lower then waddle based on need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Exactly that’s what I was saying to E about getting Samuel and if a player falls that signing doesn’t detract your decision it just gives you the bonus of really fortifying a position and you truely get BPA in the draft instead of not signing someone then reaching for a player lower then waddle based on need. 

For sure, and both Waddle & Samuel are capable of playing outside too and doing other things with them as well as far as lining up in the backfield, running the ball and doing jet sweeps. It would be awesome if we signed Samuel & then Waddle fell to us.

I really think there’s an even greater chance we sign Samuel now bc not only did Rivera coach Samuel but Hurney drafted Samuel in Carolina. It’s probably as close to a sure thing as you can get in FA that he ends up here given all those connections.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Olave is the next Keenan Allen write it down, you heard it here first. Scouts don’t have him projected to go first round this year and may not next year bc he doesn’t have 4.4 speed but all he does is make plays and make tough catches. He’s an exceptional route runner with great hands. Think Terry McLaurin with 4.5 speed instead of 4.35 speed like Terry had.

Olave’s production has been great  the last two years and he does it off of precise route running, not bc he’s running a 4.4 or lower.

I can see that!!!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

For sure, and both Waddle & Samuel are capable of playing outside too and doing other things with them as well as far as lining up in the backfield, running the ball and doing jet sweeps. It would be awesome if we signed Samuel & then Waddle fell to us.

I really think there’s an even greater chance we sign Samuel now bc not only did Rivera coach Samuel but Hurney drafted Samuel in Carolina. It’s probably as close to a sure thing as you can get in FA that he ends up here given all those connections.

I mean I feel like that’s a real shot unless he proves himself out but I think this offseason he actually might become a steal

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean I feel like that’s a real shot unless he proves himself out but I think this offseason he actually might become a steal

Which guy are you talking about Samuel or Waddle?

If you’re talking about Waddle, he’ll also be hurt bc there won’t be an NFL combine. I think there’s a real chance he falls to us at 19. I just hope we have the balls to pull the trigger despite his ankle injury.