2021 NFL Draft Thread

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The only interesting one to me is UCLA to be honest. 

They have some defensive players that are playing in the NFL. Myles Jack, Kenny Clark, Eric Kendricks, Anthony Barr, Fabian Moreau, Cassis Marsh, Jayon Brown, Eddie Vanderdoes, Takkarist McKinley also a few offensive players like Joshua Kelly, Mercedes Lewis and Xavier Sua-Filo 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets 

He has Kadarius Toney coming to Washington at 19. Can't say I love that pick. 

Other notes:

1) Wilson goes #2 to Jets, Lance #4 to Falcons, and Fields #8 to Panthers - surprising and also 4 QBs Top 8. 

2) He has Slater, OT, Northwestern #5 going ahead of Sewell, OT, Oregon #10 to ... Cowboys.

3) Both Hokies gone by 19. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets 

Other notes:

1) Wilson goes #2 to Jets, Lance #4 to Falcons, and Fields #8 to Panthers - surprising and also 4 QBs Top 8. 

2) He has Slater, OT, Northwestern #5 going ahead of Sewell, OT, Oregon #10 to ... Cowboys.

Toney is an incredible talent. He’s someone I would want in the second round but wouldn’t be devastated if we took him in the first. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Toney is an incredible talent. He’s someone I would want in the second round but wouldn’t be devastated if we took him in the first. 

He’s a beast he has 1st round talent DJ is usually on these players he’s a beast!!!

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Other notes:

I like Jeremiah's stuff, but Slater is likely not even a left tackle, he is a right tackle.  I don't see how he could go that high.

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Other notes:

I’m fine with it but would rather go in another direction bc I think there are better WRs than Toney for the 19th pick. I’d rather take Rashad Bateman from Minnesota because he bigger. 

That being said Toney is a day 1 starter & can slide into the slot when we go 3 wide.

Edited by turtle28

I don't like all the Wide Receiver talk for pick #19. I don't care if Waddle falls. We already have Terry. Why would we draft Waddle? To play in the Slot? Same deal with Toney. Rashod Bateman doesn't look special to me, more of a 2nd/3rd rounder imo. I'd much rather keep adding to our defense or build up the O-Line

51 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don't like all the Wide Receiver talk for pick #19. I don't care if Waddle falls. We already have Terry. Why would we draft Waddle? To play in the Slot? Same deal with Toney. Rashod Bateman doesn't look special to me, more of a 2nd/3rd rounder imo. I'd much rather keep adding to our defense or build up the O-Line

I think at 19 the value is gonna be at CB

8 hours ago, taylor made said:

You need to watch Bateman’s film from his junior year when he was pretty damn good. The Minnesota offense wasn’t as good thing year all around.

Um, we start two Wrs & our 3rd WR plays basically starter snaps, so if WR is the BPA why wouldn’t you take them?

The only sure thing we have at WR is Terry, we need a number two who’s better than Cam to Cam had to get more consistent but we’ve wanted that - or at least me - for 3 years now and while Cam & Steven Sims are better than the rest of the junk we had last year outside of Terry, they’re not people who can be relied upon to be be good consistent WRs every snap, they’re more #4 & 5 guys.

I would argue that if we re-sign Scherff, our OL depth is better than our WR depth and our OL played better last year as a whole outside of Terry being our best best offensive player obviously. Lucas and Wes S. solidified our left side after Martin was benched and Christian got hurt, we also still have Saahdiq Charles coming back to compete to start. I’d have him penciled in at LG right now but Wes S. may beat him out.

I guess we could cut Christian and upgrade LT for someone better to compete w/ Lucas but, is that worse than our WR situation? I don’t think. Lucas was more than serviceable at LT & Christian was serviceable in his first year starting at LT & presumably would take another step forward UMD development in year two of being coached by Matsko.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think at 19 the value is gonna be at CB

Could be bc the top 3 WRs will probably be gone but I would put Bateman, Toney & Moore up against the #4 & 5 corner as being about equal prospects same w/ the OL prospects in that range & I don’t hate taking Moering the FS from TCU or Bolton from MLB From Mizzu there either, perhaps it’s best to trade down if one of the top 3 WRs or Pitts don’t fall to us at 19.

Edited by turtle28

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Could be bc the top 3 WRs will be gone but I would put Bateman, Toney & Moore up against the #4 & 5 corner as being about equal prospects.

I think one of the top 3 CB’s actually are there. There are 6 or 7Wr’s ranked very high. Your OL is always going to get snatched up and we realistically have 4 or 5 QB’s that go before us. Teams will always want to get the high rated edges and you have Davis Parsons and Pitts who I think are just special players at their spots. CB could get snagged up but I keep doing mocks and I keep having both Fairly and Horn avalible and it’s based on history and it’s also because even though your talking about WR 5 that guy is still a super high grade. And unlike years past I think once the third is here I think the pass catchers fall off a cliff. And a lot of teams before us and I cluding us need pass catchers. There’s so many different flavors up high you could say man this team has x but add chase and oh man. This team has x but add Marshall oh man. It could see fairley and Horn maybe staring us in the face and that position could really use another premier player if the value is a Horn or Fairly you don’t want to run away from that value

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Um, we start two Wrs & our 3rd WR plays basically starter snaps, so if WR is the BPA why wouldn’t you take them?

It sure worked out for the Cowboys. If I'm building a team I find my secondary WR's later in the draft. We found Terry in the late 3rd round. I'm not spending premium draft capital on them. That's just my draft philosophy.

11 hours ago, taylor made said:

I mean look what our other WRs "accomplished" this year. Imagine taking some heat off Terry.