2021 NFL Draft Thread

On 2/24/2021 at 1:30 PM, 4209 said:

But when all said and done we can stop dreaming about him falling to us.

giphy.gif

He will be long gone.

tenor.gif

Now if a scenario occurs were he falls a bit I wouldn't be oppose to moving up to draft him either

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, e16bball said:

Of other WFT need position targets, Waddle goes to DET at 7, Lance goes to CAR at 8, Slater goes to SF at 12, Vera-Tucker goes to LAC at 13, Parsons goes to NE at 15, Horn (if CB is a need) goes to ARI at 16

giphy.gif

As for Moehrig, I think I concur with @e16bball: we already have a safety traffic jam, how does adding another help? He looks like a good player, but I don't really get how you would make that move over a LT like Darrisaw simply from a positional value perspective.

Do we need a true center field safety? Probably. Is that the biggest need though? I don't think so. I feel like it would be a somewhat disastrous draft for Washington if Moehrig was the BPA at 19.

EDIT: Would I hate the pick? No. But I feel like either they passed up a better need/value combination to take him, or their board was picked clean by the time they were on the clock. Honestly, they might be better served trading back then. *shrugs* I say that and he'll become the next Polamalu or Earl Thomas for some other team.

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

As for Moehrig, I think I concur with @e16bball: we already have a safety traffic jam, how does adding another help? He looks like a good player, but I don't really get how you would make that move over a LT like Darrisaw simply from a positional value perspective.

Do we need a true center field safety? Probably. Is that the biggest need though? I don't think so. I feel like it would be a somewhat disastrous draft for Washington if Moehrig was the BPA at 19.

EDIT: Would I hate the pick? No. But I feel like either they passed up a better need/value combination to take him, or their board was picked clean by the time they were on the clock. Honestly, they might be better served trading back then. *shrugs* I say that and he'll become the next Polamalu or Earl Thomas for some other team.

I feel the same, but that’s assuming Darisaw is there at 19. I don’t think the top 3 LTs will make it anywhere near our pick - Sewell, Rashawn Slater or Darrisaw, but if Slater or Darrisaw do, I definitely think we should take them over a FS.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, e16bball said:

I honestly haven’t seen him play that much single-high when I’ve watched him, which is weird because most of the scouting reports around the interweb describe him with terms like “single-high” and “center fielder.” To me, they were playing a lot of split safety stuff with him and Ardarius Washington, which is why I think you see so many of his splash plays actually happening in the backfield (specifically blowing up those WR screens

Agree with you. I think he's a split two high guy. Don't think he's the athlete people are making him out to be. I don't believe that I would want to consistently put him in that position

We all know how the draft works, guys will rise and fall, but to me I think if the top 3 WRs, top 3 LTs, Pitts, and Parsons are gone then I think the pick should be Zaven Collins

i think if we can go out and get someone like Milano, or Jayon Brown in FA to add with Zaven and Holcomb, then our front 7 will be best in the NFL by far

Zaven                      Cole                       Jayon

Montez         John          Daron            Chase

hands down best front 7 in the NFL, resign Darby and add a FS like Paris Ford in the draft and we are set

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

We all know how the draft works, guys will rise and fall, but to me I think if the top 3 WRs, top 3 LTs, Pitts, and Parsons are gone then I think the pick should be Zaven Collins

i think if we can go out and get someone like Milano, or Jayon Brown in FA to add with Zaven and Holcomb, then our front 7 will be best in the NFL by far

Zaven                      Cole                       Jayon

Montez         John          Daron            Chase

hands down best front 7 in the NFL, resign Darby and add a FS like Paris Ford in the draft and we are set

will ferrell yes GIF

The problem with Parsons is that if teams deem his red flags to be non issues then he will be gone well before 19.  If he is there at 19, it will imply that his red flags are more than smoke and we shouldn't pick him anyways.  So to me Parsons is a not an option for us.

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

The problem with Parsons is that if teams deem his red flags to be non issues then he will be gone well before 19.  If he is there at 19, it will imply that his red flags are more than smoke and we shouldn't pick him anyways.  So to me Parsons is a not an option for us.

Not sure how that makes him not an option for us. We should take the best player available.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rashod Bateman runs a sub-4.4 40-yard dash at EXOS combine - ProFootballTalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/27/rashod-bateman-runs-a-sub-4-4-40-yard-dash-at-exos-combine/

Thats Nice GIF

This may put him in contention to be the 3rd WR over Waddle.

i like some wanted to pass on Bateman at 19 but that is huge for him. Makes me think he could be an option.

especially if our free agent acquisition is a slot guy like Samuel, or crowded if he’s released