2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

While I don’t see Lance as a top 5 pick he is far and away my favorite QB in the draft. I’d love to match him with our weapons and this defense. 

It bears repeating that if we do unload our picks, the cost could've been lessened...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Hold Up GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

I’d say that Trey Lance is more comparable to Cam coming out. 6’4, 230 has some accuracy issues that need to be cleaned up, a physical specimen but a lot of questions around how good of a passer he will develop into.

Mond = Kapernick IMO. Also, Kap & Mond’s throwing form looks very similar to me.

That’s what I was saying lol he is very similar to cam

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I also feel like this is the perfect landing spot for him. He sits for a year or two. Scott Turner most likely isn’t going anywhere so he won’t change OCs and he can grow with the young weapons on the roster. 

That’s why I’m okay with him sitting. You get a year in the system then the next you play in it without the OC getting poached after a year where the guy shines and the OC parlays it into a HC job. It will allow Lance the time to grow.

I am not in favor of trading up to get Fields or Lance. Especially Lance only 1 yr experience at QB at a lower level at that. Fields is so so. Both they just don't stand out to me like Wilson. They are OK but not at the expense of making a RG lll move.  I am okay with the QB's we have. Yes Yes!!!!!I know we have a need a QB but I have had enough of the RG lll and Haskins moves plus not that excited about Fields or Lance. Again the only player I would move up for is Parson. I like Slater also any maybe Darrisaw. Might even think about trading back in the 1st round and wouldn't rule out trading out of the first rd altogether. Would not rule out anything at this point. Just depends how the cards fall. Never know who will slip through the cracks. To me I'm taking the  let's wait and see approach. 

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I also feel like this is the perfect landing spot for him. He sits for a year or two. Scott Turner most likely isn’t going anywhere so he won’t change OCs and he can grow with the young weapons on the roster. 

This is the conundrum.  IMO he isn't even a top 10 pick.  But you don't pick a qb in the top 5 if he has to sit for a year.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This is the conundrum.  IMO he isn't even a top 10 pick.  But you don't pick a qb in the top 5 if he has to sit for a year.  

I think a lot more top 5 picked QBs would benefit from sitting for a year. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think a lot more top 5 picked QBs would benefit from sitting for a year. 

I agree, but again that just means you shouldn't be picking them in the top 5.  A top 5 pick should be starting 16 games in year 1.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 4209 said:

I am not in favor of trading up to get Fields or Lance. Especially Lance only 1 yr experience at QB at a lower level at that. Fields is so so. Both they just don't stand out to me like Wilson. They are OK but not at the expense of making a RG lll move.  I am okay with the QB's we have. Yes Yes!!!!!I know we have a need a QB but I have had enough of the RG lll and Haskins moves plus not that excited about Fields or Lance. Again the only player I would move up for is Parson. I like Slater also any maybe Darrisaw. Might even think about trading back in the 1st round and wouldn't rule out trading out of the first rd altogether. Would not rule out anything at this point. Just depends how the cards fall. Never know who will slip through the cracks. To me I'm taking the  let's wait and see approach. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:35 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

Kyle Trask would be a reasonable fit at #74.  Kellen Mond at either #83 or #125 would be a close second.

I don’t think Trask or Mond fall that far, if we want them we’re going to have to take them at #51 IMO and we may have to trade up from 51 to get them if we really want them and don’t want to just wait to see if they fall to us at 51. 

For Example, if Atl doesn’t go QB in round 1 & gets Pitts to help Matt Ryan - which I think they should - then, in round 2 they could come back and take Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond at 37.

Same with Denver. They’re not sold on Drew Lock, they could miss out on the top 5 QBs & take Micah Parsons, a corner or WR in round 1 and then come back in round 2 at 41 and want to take Trask or Mond.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

Kyle Trask would be a reasonable fit at #74.  Kellen Mond at either #83 or #125 would be a close second.

I like Trask too, but I also think he goes higher and will not be there at our second round pick.  I would boldly predict that a team like New England or Tampa might surprise us and grab him in the 1st.  Just look how the other non mobile pocket passer in this draft has shot up the boards.  I honestly don't see what Jones has on Trask other than playing at a bigger school.  Plus I like Trask's size.  

A lot of Mond lovers in this forum.  Sounds like he will also go in the second and likely before we pick.  Personally, I am not sure how you draft a qb that high who can't complete passes.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, offbyone said:

I agree, but again that just means you shouldn't be picking them in the top 5.  A top 5 pick should be starting 16 games in year 1.

I wonder how many QBs were ruined because they were just thrown out there? QBs used to sit for a year after being drafted. It was almost gospel and now it doesn’t matter the team surrounding them you just dump them out there and if they fail you replace them in a year or two. Nobody is developing them anymore.