2021 NFL Draft Thread

33 minutes ago, 4209 said:

"I don’t care about draft picks the way other people do".

Okay George Allen the future is now. LO

No but seriously the cost is to high to move from 19 to 4. Atlanta is going to ask for everything including the kitchen sink. So I assume you are all in for doing that with your aforementioned state about draft capital. We have traded up to get  RG lll and missed on other QB in the first rd.  The more I think about this the best position to eliminate other teams being a threat to take QB you have give up 3 # 1's and then some to Atlanta for the 4th pick.

I am not willing to give up three 1st rd picks for Trey Lance. By the way Trey Lance and Mac Jones are likely to become just the 5th and 6th QBs over the last 25 years drafted in the first round with fewer than 18 college starts now that is not good company. Half of the QB’s taken in the 1st rd are bust also. No sir not Really  anxious to go blindfolded on the plank and take the plunge.

I mentioned earlier in another post I like our QB. Would prefer to see who falls. May trade up to draft one player but not giving up three 1st rd picks. May trade down in the first rd to add more pick and may even trade of the 1st to add more picks. In this scenario I want speed/play makers plus this draft is deep in the OL.      

So you see the difference is you don't care about draft capital while I do at least in this scenario and you are high on Lance while I am not. He is okay but not three first rds and more. 

Where did I say I’d give up three first round picks? I said this year and next year which is essentially one first because you’re swapping firsts this year. I’ve never said I’d give up three first round picks. I didn’t even want to give that up for Watson.

What I’m trying to say is this. This defense is going to get expensive very fast. It’s, most likely, only going to get better so we aren’t going to be picking much closer to the top 10 then we are now. So we can do what the Vikings did and waste years and years of a good defense plugging in stop-gap QBs or we can go out and get the one Rivera/Turner want. If it’s Lance/Fields I don’t really care. I was simply going off of the rumor that they like Lance. 

Also, this idea Al Galdi and Kevin Sheehan keep spouting off about Fitz playing close to a top 10 level over the last few years is asinine. He’s been on Nine different teams. NINE. Good QBs don’t play for three different teams for the most part, let alone nine. He’s a stop-gap QB who’s never led a team to the playoffs and only has one season as a starter over .500. Also, he’s thirty freaking nine this season. 

So no, I don’t want to sit around building a team up that becomes too good to pick in the top 10 but doesn’t have good enough QB play to do anything in the playoffs. Fitzpatrick, Allen and Heinecke do not represent winning. They are not making this team a super bowl contender. Go get your QB. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Where did I say I’d give up three first round picks? I said this year and next year which is essentially one first because you’re swapping firsts this year. I’ve never said I’d give up three first round picks. I didn’t even want to give that up for Watson.

What I’m trying to say is this. This defense is going to get expensive very fast. It’s, most likely, only going to get better so we aren’t going to be picking much closer to the top 10 then we are now. So we can do what the Vikings did and waste years and years of a good defense plugging in stop-gap QBs or we can go out and get the one Rivera/Turner want. If it’s Lance/Fields I don’t really care. I was simply going off of the rumor that they like Lance. 

Also, this idea Al Galdi and Kevin Sheehan keep spouting off about Fitz playing close to a top 10 level over the last few years is asinine. He’s been on Nine different teams. NINE. Good QBs don’t play for three different teams for the most part, let alone nine. He’s a stop-gap QB who’s never led a team to the playoffs and only has one season as a starter over .500. Also, he’s thirty freaking nine this season. 

So no, I don’t want to sit around building a team up that becomes too good to pick in the top 10 but doesn’t have good enough QB play to do anything in the playoffs. Fitzpatrick, Allen and Heinecke do not represent winning. They are not making this team a super bowl contender. Go get your QB. 

Heinicke- not saying your wrong. Chances are you're right but we don't have much of a track record on which to base anything . He played one Hellover good Playoff game . I'm anxious to see more. 

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Heinicke- not saying your wrong. Chances are you're right but we don't have much of a track record on which to base anything . He played one Hellover good Playoff game . I'm anxious to see more. 

Heinecke is kind of a mystery but there has to be a reason he was a back up in the XFL. I’m all for giving him a shot but I’d rather go up and get the QB they want. If they even want one of them at all? 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Heinecke is kind of a mystery but there has to be a reason he was a back up in the XFL. I’m all for giving him a shot but I’d rather go up and get the QB they want. If they even want one of them at all? 

I think he just doesn't "show well". Not real big, arm isn't a cannon --but when that bell rings and the gates open .. Remember , Seabiscuit was small , not well muscled-didn't look worth a $2 dollar bet-Nobody could see his heart 💗

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I said Atlanta is going to ask for everything including the kitchen sink to move up to 4 and So I assume you are all in for doing that with your aforementioned state about draft capital "I don't care about draft picks" Anyways the going price will start at 3 # one's. Correction I meant 2 first and some extra's and that's still to much. You are correct with the swapping. 

I understand but this year and next year which is essentially one first because you’re swapping firsts this year. That will not get it done to move up to 19 to 4. 

Edited by 4209

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I see only one way this franchise gets a top QB anytime soon, and that’s through a trade. They’re either going to have to trade up for a Top QB or trade for a top QB.

I'm okay with the last part and maybe trade up for one if I think he is all that but it depends.

Edited by 4209

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

I said Atlanta is going to ask for everything including the kitchen sink to move up to 4 and So I assume you are all in for doing that with your aforementioned state about draft capital "I don't care about draft picks" Anyways the going price will start at 3 # one's. Correction I meant 2 first and some extra's and that's still to much. You are correct with the swapping. 

I understand but this year and next year which is essentially one first because you’re swapping firsts this year. That will not get it done to move up to 19 to 4. 

Im not sure what you want me to say? You can keep harping on what I said about draft picks but it’s true. We can draft LBs and LTs and TEs and WRs and we still aren’t going anywhere because we don’t have a QB. There’s already a solid foundation here and the salary cap does not allow you to build complete teams. Once you have close to an elite defense it’s time to go for it. 

I mean, what’s the alternative? This idea that we can continue building and building is just silly. The only thing that keeps a team competitive during the super bowl era is an elite defense or a franchise QB. You can keep a franchise QB for close to 20 years but an elite defense comes and goes very fast. So we can sit around twirling our thumbs hoping for a Russell Wilson to drop in our laps or you can make the move up to get the guy your coach wants. Not doing it now is just delaying the inevitable because they’ll have to do something about this problem eventually and the longer you wait the older and more expensive the rest of the team gets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

😱...

I mean is this being reported because we had our top brass at his last pro day and I’m assuming we would again for his second. If there’s leaked reports from our end and not Atlanta’s or some other teams then I’d say this is bad. But to me this is simply speculation. And we’ve been talking about this here since the season about him being similar to cam now it’s draft season it’s all reported but we will see what happens. If he’s their guy their going to go get him. If he’s not they will stand pat. 

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I think he just doesn't "show well". Not real big, arm isn't a cannon --but when that bell rings and the gates open .. Remember , Seabiscuit was small , not well muscled-didn't look worth a $2 dollar bet-Nobody could see his heart 💗

Has to do it consistently, so far he’s played that was for 6 quarters. I’d love for Heinicke to end up being Romo-like but believing that it will happen just based off of 6 quarters seems very foolish to me. It’s like loving the 3rd string QB in preseason & thinking oh this guy is going to be a top 10 QB based off of just one performance.

We have to see more from Heinicke.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

If you guys go after Lance, I feel like you don't have to get to 4. I think that 7/8 range is the sweet spot, which would be considerably cheaper

This is how I have felt since the process started. Not because I don’t think all 5 could go early with this offseason’s narrative for QB’s, but because I think with Pitts and a few of these guys not all these teams are going to get the farm to move out. Cindy would love Pitts or the top OL.

Atlanta would love a haul but a team isn’t just going to gift them picks because they want them. Teams know Atlanta has to find a way to clear cap they aren’t just going to assist and ease their future’s because I think Atlanta would have to include a player to dump a contract to move back. So they might not get the haul the other teams get but they can’t currently afford to sign their draft class if they pick a player at 4 that’s all the cap they have. 

I do think either Miami or Detroit would move back. Miami is hording picks and Detroit I could see them being willing. Heck even Carolina with Darnold could say we can move back and stockpile if the Darnold thing blows up. but personally I think Brady is going to parlay this into a HC position and Carolina I believe will move Darnold for assets in the future to get their guy when they have overhauled the roster to their liking

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

The converse could be said.  Pitts really hasn't played with anyone but Trask.  

So your saying the best player in the draft was made by a QB who couldn’t continue to push the ball down the field without said player in the lineup. Please go back and watch the 3 games this season without Pitts on the field. It’s very concerning tape bud. And two of those games he still had Toney and Grimes. Most college football roster’s are lucky if they field a roster with a talent like either of those guys. Much less both then you add Pitts.

If you watch Florida and see how he does when he can’t step into a throw it’s even more concerning then how he preforms without Pitts. That’s why Florida would move him and gimmick him to get as far away from the rush and use play action a ton. This guy would have been exposed in the senior bowl just like Newsome and Frank’s were. Teams in the NFL are going to bring the house on this guy to make him throw under duress because he’s shown time and time again not only will he make bad decisions but he doesn’t have the arm to throw off balance and drive the ball to bail him out. If that’s a skill set your willing to take before the 6th round your asking for trouble. Poise under pressure is a very important trait.