2021 NFL Draft Thread

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m glad someone put this out there because it’s something I was discussing with my bud like I could really care less about highlights. Decisions and situational football is super important and yes throwing far on the run across your body is amazing. But what good was Mahomes Superman throw in the SB? It’s great to have ability. But Tom Brady kills you because every play he takes whatever your gonna give. Check into a run throw a screen or a quick slant. He will chess you all game and it’s more fristrating then a guy running around playing hero because she will slow down. I think teams are going to look back on this class and be like wow how were we so high on this guy. Wilson has amazing arm talent. But dude I tell you some of the things he’s done on a regular basis are going to cost him huge if he doesn’t erase them from his game

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m glad someone put this out there because it’s something I was discussing with my bud like I could really care less about highlights. Decisions and situational football is super important and yes throwing far on the run across your body is amazing. But what good was Mahomes Superman throw in the SB? It’s great to have ability. But Tom Brady kills you because every play he takes whatever your gonna give. Check into a run throw a screen or a quick slant. He will chess you all game and it’s more fristrating then a guy running around playing hero because she will slow down. I think teams are going to look back on this class and be like wow how were we so high on this guy. Wilson has amazing arm talent. But dude I tell you some of the things he’s done on a regular basis are going to cost him huge if he doesn’t erase them from his game

It’s been my argument for liking Mac Jones as much as some of the others all year and my concerns regarding Wilson as well.

• Like 1

I just don’t see how one of these QBs doesn’t potentially fall to us or in range for us to trade...

1-3 all QBs 

4. Falcons aren’t taking a QB. They have one of the best in the league and he doesn’t rely on arm strength or athleticism so even though he’s 36 hes another that could play into his 40s. 

5-6. Already have their QBs

7. The Lions basically wouldn’t take better offers for Stafford because they wanted Goff. Not taking a QB. 

8. Trades multiple picks for Darnold. Not taking a QB. 

9. Broncos refused to include Lock in a trade for Stafford in which they offered a top 10 pick plus. That should tell you how they feel about Lock and most likely will continue down that road. 

10-12. I’d say all of the NFC East teams are sticking with what they have. Maybe the Eagles surprise everyone but I’d be shocked. 

That leaves us, the Bears and Pats as potential QB destinations. Maybe we move up ahead of those two just to make sure but I think one will fall in our range for certain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don’t see how one of these QBs doesn’t potentially fall to us or in range for us to trade...

1-3 all QBs 

4. Falcons aren’t taking a QB. They have one of the best in the league and he doesn’t rely on arm strength or athleticism so even though he’s 36 hes another that could play into his 40s. 

5-6. Already have their QBs

7. The Lions basically wouldn’t take better offers for Stafford because they wanted Goff. Not taking a QB. 

8. Trades multiple picks for Darnold. Not taking a QB. 

9. Broncos refused to include Lock in a trade for Stafford in which they offered a top 10 pick plus. That should tell you how they feel about Lock and most likely will continue down that road. 

10-12. I’d say all of the NFC East teams are sticking with what they have. Maybe the Eagles surprise everyone but I’d be shocked. 

That leaves us, the Bears and Pats as potential QB destinations. Maybe we move up ahead of those two just to make sure but I think one will fall in our range for certain. 

I’m with you. My concern tough is the Bears or Pats trading up to one of those top 10 spots to put themselves in position to draft Fields, Jones or Lance. So, if we want on of those QBs it’s probably best to trade up to get our guy.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m with you. My concern tough is the Bears or Pats trading up to one of those top 10 spots to put themselves in position to draft Fields, Jones or Lance. So, if we want on of those QBs it’s probably best to trade up to get our guy.

I guess I would assume if they aren’t willing to move up to get Lance/Fields/Jones then they never saw them as potential franchise guys. Also, if they saw Allen/Heinecke as potential franchise options they wouldn’t have spent all off-season trying to find someone better. Ultimately I think we end up with Lance if the 49ers pass on him and we’ll stay at 19 if they do take him. There’s just too much smoke around Lance and Washington. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I guess I would assume if they aren’t willing to move up to get Lance/Fields/Jones then they never saw them as potential franchise guys. Also, if they saw Allen/Heinecke as potential franchise options they wouldn’t have spent all off-season trying to find someone better. Ultimately I think we end up with Lance if the 49ers pass on him and we’ll stay at 19 if they do take him. There’s just too much smoke around Lance and Washington. 

I just can’t see Lance falling to 19 that’s really far to see any of these top 5 QBs falling for me. Maybe it happens, but I think it’s unlikely. The Bears or Patriots would take him before us if the Pats don’t trade up for Fields or, they may even trade up for Lance. Heck, I could see the Vikings or Raiders taking Trey Lance in round 1 to develop him behind their 30 something year old QBs.

I’m just throwing these possibilities out there bc we have no clue what will happen. Obviously if Lance or Fields fall to us at 19 I’d be stoked, but I think it’s a far fetched dream.

I think if you can get up to 7, 8, or 9 then that’s how you get Lance. That’s the only way the cost can even make logical sense. We really can’t afford to give up more then 19 and next years one. So you can throw in Brandon to maybe lessen the cost if possible. But the thing about trading for Lance is your essentially redshirting this guy. So you can’t really afford to give a team a bunch of futures knowing your going to give up whatever pick Fitz gets you too and then the next year will be lances first year starting in 2 years. Then your adding in the FCS to NFL jump.

Essentially maybe Lance has say a 6-10 first year. You don’t want to give up that years first because your really on the clock to build around this guy. You need to be able to add first round talent so you can’t give up more then next years one and 19. You can add Brandon to maybe lessen the total haul but then you really can’t be giving up capital because you can’t create holes while adding a player that gives you nothing this year. This is just a huge gamble. Personally I’d really hope that he could beat out Fitz and run with it. QB’s and rookie deals run out quick. So sitting a guy for a year while also not having a 1st in future years really hinders building around these guys to compete in that window. While we are in a pretty good spot I think with our roster that you can litigate a top pick for one year. But two years and your really hindering your chances in that window

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

If it’s at all possible I would hope that our first, Scherrf, and either a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year would be enough to go to 7,8,9

Plus at least one more rounders.  Scherff isn't getting us much.  He is a cap disaster.

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think we have our eye on a day 2, or day 3 QB. 

Could be. Mond has been linked a bunch.

I think Washington wants Sewell.

Outside of "everyone" wanting him, I haven't seen this linked anywhere. This an "ace gut feeling"?

I also think WR is not out of the question, if one of the big 3 fall to us. (Which I don't think happens, btw)

I'm on board for that as well. 

I see us trading up, but not what everyone assumes it is.

I'm assuming a couple - a QB, Parsons but yeah, not sure much else.