2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Khalil Herbert should be picked with one of our thirds. He’s a beast. 

I think he’s got a 4th-5th grade on him and honestly I wouldn’t pick a RB in the top 3 rounds anyways. If he’s there in the 5th I would take him but if we however did take one in the 3rd which I’m not advocating for I would hope it would be carter or Gainwell if the are there

29 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think he’s got a 4th-5th grade on him and honestly I wouldn’t pick a RB in the top 3 rounds anyways. If he’s there in the 5th I would take him but if we however did take one in the 3rd which I’m not advocating for I would hope it would be carter or Gainwell if the are there

Did you watch Herbert at all this year? I don’t care what his grade is. He’s not a 5th round player. Don’t mean for that to come off as rude. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Did you watch Herbert at all this year? I don’t care what his grade is. He’s not a 5th round player. Don’t mean for that to come off as rude. 

I like Herbert as a prospect and that saying something since I hate Tech, but no way do I take him in the 3rd with out team,the 4th I would be ok with though 5th is better in my view.

Just to much talent at spots of need in this draft to take a HB that might see 10 touches a game if Gibson stays healthy.

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

I like Herbert as a prospect and that saying something since I hate Tech, but no way do I take him in the 3rd with out team,the 4th I would be ok with though 5th is better in my view.

Just to much talent at spots of need in this draft to take a HB that might see 10 touches a game if Gibson stays healthy.

If you’re picking for need in the 3rd, 4th and later I don’t particularly think that’s a good idea. I get what you’re saying but you pick the best talent on the board. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Khalil Herbert should be picked with one of our thirds. He’s a beast. 

Never heard of him. I’d rather have Trey Sermon, he dominated when given the ball enough to. 331 yds & 2 TDs vs Northwestern which was a great D last year, 193 yds & a TD vs Clemson in the CFP. His injury in the National Championship vs Alabama really hurt Ohio State’s offense.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Nah, take BPA. If a RB is the BPA in the 3rd you take them. I wouldn’t take a RB in round 1, but after that I’d consider it. That RB is always one play away from starting. We can’t rely on Lamar Miller or Peyton Barber to be the starter if we need them to be.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What if --- Najee Harris is there at 19 ? 

I think he will be there and I love him, but they seem to be giving away free agent RBs for a pittance.  We have too many needs and there will be too many good players there.  I would rather get a starting olineman.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Never heard of him. I’d rather have Trey Sermon, he dominated when given the ball enough to. 331 yds & 2 TDs vs Northwestern which was a great D last year, 193 yds & a TD vs Clemson in the CFP. His injury in the National Championship vs Alabama really hurt Ohio State’s offense.

You’ve never heard of Herbert? Really? Nearly 8 ypc and 1200 yards on the season for a team that couldn’t throw the ball. Probably the best RB we’ve had since Ryan Williams or David Wilson. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You’ve never heard of Herbert? Really? Nearly 8 ypc and 1200 yards on the season for a team that couldn’t throw the ball. Probably the best RB we’ve had since Ryan Williams or David Wilson. 

That’s my bad, I should know who he is obviously. A quick look at his stats, high lights & pro day says I should know who he is.

Honestly, I really don’t watch a lot of ACC football anymore since Maryland left the conference & the conference outside of Clemson hasn’t been very relevant as far as competing for National Championships since FSU, Miami & Va Tech aren’t what they once were years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The problem with Herbert is he was a 4 year starter that never rallied over 600 yds a season until he graduate transferred and went to VT. He didn’t shine at the seniorbowl which isn’t a big deal either but he did shine behind that OL which IMO speaks more to the players that he was running behind. I love Derrisaw and honestly hope he comes back home he’s a local kid and I think he’s a future stud at LT. This last year he didn’t even allow a sack or a QB pressure and they have zilch at QB

i think this RB class has some studs. Herbert where he is projected I do think is worth a look but if im drafting one high I really think Michael Carter would compliment Gibson so well

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

The problem with Herbert is he was a 4 year starter that never rallied over 600 yds a season until he graduate transferred and went to VT. He didn’t shine at the seniorbowl which isn’t a big deal either but he did shine behind that OL which IMO speaks more to the players that he was running behind. I love Derrisaw and honestly hope he comes back home he’s a local kid and I think he’s a future stud at LT. This last year he didn’t even allow a sack or a QB pressure and they have zilch at QB

I mean, he was averaging 8.6 ypc at kansas the year before he transferred lol

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, he was averaging 8.6 ypc at kansas the year before he transferred lol

He was and Kansas doesn’t have the greatest OL. I think he’s a interesting prospect. He did produce and his tape last year was very good. I think he’s a interesting prospect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

He was and Kansas doesn’t have the greatest OL. I think he’s a interesting prospect. He did produce and his tape last year was very good. I think he’s a interesting prospect. 

Obviously I’m a homer here but he’s a stud. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I don’t know what Kyle has been saying, so I totally defer to you on his comments of late and how that offers insight into the QB choice. 

When they made the trade, he basically said that when you draw it up, you're going after the biggest, strongest, fastest quarterback you can find who is also good from the pocket. That can never be Mac, but can be Fields / Lance. Maybe he was bsing...Kyle does that a lot. 

After the 9ers got obliterated by Josh Allen, he also also pretty succinct in admitting that you have to evolve and change the way you think when scouting these guys in what you were looking for because people are winning in different ways. He looked haggard lol. There's a part of me that wonders if he's tired of bailing his QB out and never getting bailed out himself. He basically said that Kirk Cousins being his ideal QB was crazy lol. 

I wouldn't rule out any of them, but McCorkle makes the least amount of sense to me personally just because I don't view him as a high floor prospect and some sort of elite processor (I think that's very hard to gauge... If he is elite, why does his game go to hell past his first progression? Are we sure he's not just making predetermined scheme throws?) But also there are lots of personal connections to Fields such as the QB Collective and Beck and others who are coaching him (Beck reported to barrows that Kyle calls him about fields) and of course what Shanny had previously said. Also, going to be a really rough look for your legacy if you passed on Watson / Mahomes for Kirk Cousins, Josh Allen / Baker / Lamar for Jimmy G and then Fields / Lance for McCorkle if either one of those guys hit lol. 

But it's really fun to see how the different types of media people have picked a collective corner. People who are tight with Shanny and *big* national guys have gone with Jones, mostly based on past precedent. The 49ers beat writers are heavily Lance based (depends on whether being good against pressure or accuracy is more important) in part because they think that Kyle's ego would like to take that kind of project on and he also meets the previously stated criteria. Then you have the bloggers, personalities and the smaller national guys who are all in on Fields mostly based on evals.  

It's really, really fun regardless of who we draft lol (but now I have to keep this out of your draft thread lol)

• Like 1