2021 NFL Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Obviously I’m a homer here but he’s a stud. 

Nothing wrong with it I love Tech players. Especially DB’s they are so well coached they make scouting very easy they put so much on those guys they translate well. I scout schools that prepare players for the NFL. VT is one of those schools. They maybe don’t have the best team aren’t winning national titles but the players they turn out are amazing. VT is one of my favorite teams to scout they just teach players the things they need to be good pros. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Do you think it’s possible If the QB’s we like are gone, you think we move up to 7 or 8 pick to get Micah Parsons and then grab a QB in the 2nd rd?

If we move that high we won’t have a second and Atleast one of the thirds more then likely. But I think the best case is Jones being gone 3 because then we can see how much they like Lance or if they stand pat get their BPA then come back and get a QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Do you think it’s possible If the QB’s we like are gone, you think we move up to 7 or 8 pick to get Micah Parsons and then grab a QB in the 2nd rd?

I don't think so because I think there will be 1-2 QBs on the board which may screw up trade values to get up there. I don't think you can make that move cheaply and paying out for a lber seems inefficient. 

I think you hope denver passes or trades down, then try to jump up to the low teens?

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Did you watch Herbert at all this year? I don’t care what his grade is. He’s not a 5th round player. Don’t mean for that to come off as rude. 

Not rude at all, just don’t see him as a 3rd round selection, if we were to pick him in the 4th I wouldn’t hate it but wouldn’t like it. 5th is where I see him going that’s all.

i think there is too much talent at positions of need in the 3rd, plenty of good ILBs, TEs, WRs, CBs, Ss, OLs, and even a chance at Mills or Mond

5 hours ago, Forge said:

When they made the trade, he basically said that when you draw it up, you're going after the biggest, strongest, fastest quarterback you can find who is also good from the pocket. That can never be Mac, but can be Fields / Lance. Maybe he was bsing...Kyle does that a lot. 

It seems like because people think Kyle Shanahan likes Jones then they are all up-grading him.  49ers might surprise with the pick.

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

It seems like because people think Kyle Shanahan likes Jones then they are all up-grading him.  49ers might surprise with the pick.

I don’t think there’s going to be a surprise. From the moment they made the trade I thought it was Mac Jones. His close friends think it’s going to be Mac Jones. I’d be absolutely shocked if it’s anybody but Jones. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

WFT did not attend Trey Lances pro day.

They watched it on the NFL Network like the rest of us .😋

Kiper just mocked Davis Mills to us in round 2.. I'd be so happy !!!

Edited by RSkinGM

I still got us trading up for Sewell or Pitts in the top 10.

I think we leapfrog the NFC East foes, to get our guy.

It could be that both are our targets & we trade up for whichever 1 drops.

It won't be #4 with Atlanta because even if they take 1, the other will still be in the board.

So the earliest pick we trade up too, will be #5.

But we're hoping that Other QB's(Mac Jones & Trey Lance) or WR's get taken before hand or surprise reaches like Slater or so.

Maybe 1 of the CB's gets taken early?

If I had to guess, it will be somewhere between #6 thru #9 for Sewell or Pitts.

The longer we wait, the cheaper in resources it will cost to move up.

But I bet Sewell & Pitts are 1A & 1B on our board.

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I still got us trading up for Sewell or Pitts in the top 10.

I think we leapfrog the NFC East foes, to get our guy.

It could be that both are our targets & we trade up for whichever 1 drops.

It won't be #4 with Atlanta because even if they take 1, the other will still be in the board.

So the earliest pick we trade up too, will be #5.

But we're hoping that Other QB's(Mac Jones & Trey Lance) or WR's get taken before hand or surprise reaches like Slater or so.

Maybe 1 of the CB's gets taken early?

If I had to guess, it will be somewhere between #6 thru #9 for Sewell or Pitts.

The longer we wait, the cheaper in resources it will cost to move up.

But I bet Sewell & Pitts are 1A & 1B on our board.

Man, Ace- can't buy this scenario. Pitts way to much draft capital to move up for him . Sewell may be 1A but lots of choices at 1 B .. We only go up for a Q B -if we go up . 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

They watched it on the NFL Network like the rest of us .😋

Kiper just mocked Davis Mills to us in round 2.. I'd be so happy !!!

Can I ask why? A guy with two ACL’s and a total of 7 starts in college. In round 2 i just this QB offseason is nuts. I just can’t get down with this. He has talent and potential and that’s amazing. Mid round flier great. A second should be a starter or rotational piece. Or a QB that’s played I mean I get he’s got decent wheels he was highly rated coming out of high school but there’s no way you can pick this guy before the 3rd and that’s reaching. Maybe he does pan out. But I’d be more worried about him staying healthy through camp before expecting him to be discussed contributing on the field.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

WFT did not attend Trey Lances pro day.

Either way I think it’s smart. Like him or not it’s smart. I really have this vibe he’s not the guy right now and if we want him that’s a good thing. If not this is a chess move for sure

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Can I ask why? A guy with two ACL’s and a total of 7 starts in college. In round 2 i just this QB offseason is nuts. I just can’t get down with this. He has talent and potential and that’s amazing. Mid round flier great. A second should be a starter or rotational piece. Or a QB that’s played I mean I get he’s got decent wheels he was highly rated coming out of high school but there’s no way you can pick this guy before the 3rd and that’s reaching. Maybe he does pan out. But I’d be more worried about him staying healthy through camp before expecting him to be discussed contributing on the field.

Agree with all your points. Watched his pro day. Just seems to have something special. Great personality- if that means anything . 

• Like 1