2021 NFL Draft Thread

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Not even in round 6 pick 199! Do you like any other QBs other than Lawrence?

Haha! Funny 😆 

The QBs we’d take beyond the 1st round are going to end up being Kyle Allen’s back up for most likely two years, maybe longer. I guess maybe if Kyle Trask lasts until we pick in round 2 he’d come in and beat out Kyle Allen, but if we don’t take a QB in round 1 it likely means Kyle Allen is our starter next year again.

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I have no interest in Fields.

Watch Haskins OSU highlight mirrored with Fields and you will see that they are both system QBs.

The only pro-ready QB is Lawrence.

I don’t think this is true at all. You have to watch the game, not just highlights to get a feel for a QB IMO. I see a lot of Russell Wilson in Justin Fields. He has great pocket presence, he’s athletic, he extends plays and can run with the ball but it’s never his first reaction - only on called runs - and when he does run he does it wisely, he gets down or gets out of bounds so he doesn’t take big hits.

He throws a beautiful ball that allows his receivers to make plays on it when he goes downfield. He’s accurate, throws w/in the timing of the play and throws with touch when he has to. The only thing is while he does throw WRs open more than people realize, he needs to improve on that still. 

I mean if Fields is a system QB then so is Trevor Lawrence. They’re similar in my eyes I could come up with all kinds of reasons as @HTTRDynasty has before on to question if Trevor Lawrence is as great a prospect as everyone says too. Namely, his turnovers last year and his subpar play as a passer vs Ohio State and LSU in the CFBP last year but, I’m not going to do that because as a prospect he’s great, same as Fields, they just both need to continue to develop as they age and I believe they will. I don’t see some of the questionable character flaws or immaturity in either guy that I’ve seen with a lot of other QB prospects. 

The question marks surrounding Fields remind me of the people who questioned DaShaun Watson 4 years ago and then a dud like Mitchell Trubisky gets taken over him. Don’t let that happen, don’t do that. 

10 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I have no interest in Fields.

Watch Haskins OSU highlight mirrored with Fields and you will see that they are both system QBs.

The only pro-ready QB is Lawrence.

I don’t agree with this. I think it’s a sloppy comparison personally. Fields was the top recruit in the nation and went to Georgia. It’s not like he was a 3 star or something and then Days system made him look like a world beater. While I like Dwayne a lot, Fields is just a different level of talent. The accuracy and athletic ability are far beyond Dwayne. I won’t be upset if we don’t draft him but calling him a system guy is extremely unfair to a guy with a very high ceiling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me if we picked Fields, I would definitely want us to pick an OT, preferably LT-Jackson Carman/Clemson. 

I wonder if Waddle will be available to us in the second round now? I do like Carman though. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He throws a beautiful ball that allows his receivers to make plays on it when he goes downfield. He’s accurate, throws w/in the timing of the play and throws with touch when he has to. The only thing is while he does throw WRs open more than people realize, he needs to improve on that still. 

One problem I have is that I felt like I read this about Haskins too

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m telling you, Zach Wilson from BYU at QB! Pair him with a FA vet 

take Sewell in the first

He sure is accurate! Seems to be elusive enough to extend plays. Has good arm strength.  I think he might need to gain 10-12 lbs. I wouldn’t hate this pick after taking P. Sewell-who I would love to get. Follow up with maybe Zion Johnson-OG/BC. 
2 receivers I like are Amari Rodgers and Kadarius Toney who I think you can get in the second part of the draft  

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t agree with this. I think it’s a sloppy comparison personally. Fields was the top recruit in the nation and went to Georgia. It’s not like he was a 3 star or something and then Days system made him look like a world beater. While I like Dwayne a lot, Fields is just a different level of talent. The accuracy and athletic ability are far beyond Dwayne. I won’t be upset if we don’t draft him but calling him a system guy is extremely unfair to a guy with a very high ceiling. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think this is true at all. You have to watch the game, not just highlights to get a feel for a QB IMO. I see a lot of Russell Wilson in Justin Fields. He has great pocket presence, he’s athletic, he extends plays and can run with the ball but it’s never his first reaction - only on called runs - and when he does run he does it wisely, he gets down or gets out of bounds so he doesn’t take big hits.

I mean if Fields is a system QB then so is Trevor Lawrence. They’re similar in my eyes I could come up with all kinds of reasons as @HTTRDynasty has before on to question if Trevor Lawrence is as great a prospect as everyone says too. Namely, his turnovers last year and his subpar play as a passer vs Ohio State and LSU in the CFBP last year but, I’m not going to do that because as a prospect he’s great, same as Fields, they just both need to continue to develop as they age and I believe they will. I don’t see some of the questionable character flaws or immaturity in either guy that I’ve seen with a lot of other QB prospects. 

The question marks surrounding Fields remind me of the people who questioned DaShaun Watson 4 years ago and then a dud like Mitchell Trubisky gets taken over him. Don’t let that happen, don’t do that. 

Agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He sure is accurate! Seems to be elusive enough to extend plays. Has good arm strength.  I think he might need to gain 10-12 lbs. I wouldn’t hate this pick after taking P. Sewell-who I would love to get. Follow up with maybe Zion Johnson-OG/BC. 
2 receivers I like are Amari Rodgers and Kadarius Toney who I think you can get in the second part of the draft  

I think the kid is gonna be a stud and do what people thought manziel should of done when he was drafted. He’s not a knuckle head like Johnny was.