2021 NFL Draft Thread

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m telling you, Zach Wilson from BYU at QB! Pair him with a FA vet 

take Sewell in the first

Lock step with you on this one. This team has a ton of holes and needs to become a more consistent unit in all 3 phases. An athletic, top-tier LT would do wonders for this team.

However, I am intrigued by this guy Zach Wilson. Has a live arm, is accurate, has big play ability and has moxie. I was not impressed with Justin Fields if we're being honest. Hard to grade Ohio St. QBs because of their talent level.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, .Buzz said:

Ive learned you gotta do something to make the dark days pass. If you can't laugh at it/crack jokes then it's even more depressing.

You say that like there are things other than dark days ...

I still want Fields, Sewell or Parsons if we pick in the top 5. Which, come on, we’re absolutely going too. It’s kinda funny to think if Rivera just kicks an extra point against the Giants we’re probably 3-0 against the division right now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I still want Fields, Sewell or Parsons if we pick in the top 5. Which, come on, we’re absolutely going too. It’s kinda funny to think if Rivera just kicks an extra point against the Giants we’re probably 3-0 against the division right now. 

Lets Go GIF by Regal

Or if Kyle Allen doesn’t fumble which is returned for a TD by the Giants OLB.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I wouldn’t bet the farm we finish in the top 5. I hope we do but you have the Jets, Giants, Jacksonville, Atlanta and Houston whose schedules look pretty hard. It will be close. As of right now we have the 9th pick. 
My choice would be Sewell, all day!

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We currently pick 9th. All I go by is the "if the season ended today" scenario.

Are any of those 3 gonna be available at 9?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

If we pick around 10, I think you are looking at QB Trey Lance or grab an OL prospect like IOL Creed Humphrey or OT Samuel Cosmi. I also wouldn't shy away from the LB or S position depending how this year plays out.

This fanbase won't survive drafting an FCS QB.  I also don't trust our organization (from top to bottom) to be able to support a true project QB.  Even if we pick 9 or 10, I don't think Lance is available to us.  I don't even think Mac Jones is going to be available to us.  We might get Kyle Trask or Zach Wilson, neither of which set the world on fire for me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

We currently pick 9th. All I go by is the "if the season ended today" scenario.

Are any of those 3 gonna be available at 9?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We won’t pick 9th. People have to realize what just happened. We beat a badly beat up team missing their best player being poorly coached. We just lost to the giants for crying out loud. This is the only team we could run against, the only team we weren’t turning the ball over to multiple times. We still suck. We still won’t win more than 4 games at most. We will still pick top 5. 

• Like 1

I just have to lmao that people are being sold on Zach Wilson against his Mountain West competition or Trey Lance and aren’t giving Justin Fields the time of day when he outplayed Trevor Lawrence against the loaded Clemson defense last CFBP and Fields did so while not being mobile at all bc he was playing on a sprained knee. He was a pocket passer that night, and played great.

57 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This fanbase won't survive drafting an FCS QB.  I also don't trust our organization (from top to bottom) to be able to support a true project QB.  Even if we pick 9 or 10, I don't think Lance is available to us.  I don't even think Mac Jones is going to be available to us.  We might get Kyle Trask or Zach Wilson, neither of which set the world on fire for me.  

I doubt 4 QBs go top 10. If we pick around 10, Mac Jones should be there. 

And also Mac Jones & Kyle Trask are system QBs, so I don’t know why we’d want them anyway! 😂  Look how much talent they have surrounding them?

Can’t possibly be worth a 1st round pick.

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I doubt 4 QBs go top 10. If we pick around 10, Mac Jones should be there. 

And also Mac Jones & Kyle Trask are system QBs, so I don’t know why we’d want them anyway! 😂 

Jones has been really impressive this year.  He destroyed a great Georgia defense, arguably the best in the nation, and one of the few teams that has the talent that can keep up with Alabama.  He's much higher for me than Trask.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Jones has been really impressive this year.  He destroyed a great Georgia defense, arguably the best in the nation, and one of the few teams that has the talent that can keep up with Alabama.  He's much higher for me than Trask.  

He’s throwing to the best WR corps but far in the NCAA until Wadle broke his ankle. How many offenses have a top 10 LT, a top 10 WR, another 1st round WR and a RB that should go in round 1 or 2?

In full disclosure I like Mac Jones, I’m really trying to throw other people’s ridiculous positions about Justin Fields on their heads.

19 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I wouldn’t bet the farm we finish in the top 5. I hope we do but you have the Jets, Giants, Jacksonville, Atlanta and Houston whose schedules look pretty hard. It will be close. As of right now we have the 9th pick. 
My choice would be Sewell, all day!

I tend to agree with you. Honestly, I think we’ll be looking at a pick in the latter half of the top 10. Maybe 7 or 8. As I’ve said elsewhere today, I see them ending up 5 wins, and I’m seeing what appears to be an unusually high number of extremely bad teams this season. There’s a lot of disparity between the haves and the have-nots at the moment. 6 or 7 teams with 4 wins or less is pretty unusual, but I think it’s plausible looking at the teams out there (NYJ, JAX, NYG, DAL, HOU, CIN, etc). 

Not a great spot in this draft, for my money. Would be disappointing to miss out on the top two QBs, plus Sewell and Chase. Probably too low for Parsons as well, but he’s a possibility. Everybody loved Waddle in that area, but I have to assume the injury will drop him — and in fairness, I don’t even think he’s the best WR on his own team. At the moment, at least, I’d be looking to move back if I had missed on those top 5 guys I mentioned above. 

• Like 1