2021 NFL Draft Thread

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

If we pick around 10, I think you are looking at QB Trey Lance or grab an OL prospect like IOL Creed Humphrey or OT Samuel Cosmi. I also wouldn't shy away from the LB or S position depending how this year plays out.

Lance is a non-starter for me when it comes to this team, for reasons I’ve mentioned before. He seems to be a wonderful talent, but this is not a place someone that raw can succeed. I also couldn’t justify taking an IOL in the top 10, particularly one who isn’t quite superhuman (in the sense that Quenton Nelson is not of this planet).

Cosmi is an interesting one, though. He sure looks the part, doesn’t he? What an imposing, athletic frame on that guy. Arms for days. And there are times when his pass set looks legitimately impenetrable, like he could stonewall his guy for an hour. And then you get plays where they get into him instantly and make him look like a turnstile. Really inconsistent on that front. He’s not much of a mauler in the run game, but he seems to be a solid positional run blocker. 

He probably fits their mold for a LT pretty well. Good athlete, long and rangy frame, very promising pass blocker, seems like he’d be a good fit as a ZBS run blocker. But his game (and his flaws) are pretty reminiscent of Christian and Charles in a lot of respects. Is he enough of an upgrade to burn a top 10 pick on? I’m not sure I’d be in on him at that price. If I could move back to 15ish and pick up another quality selection  in the process, he’s definitely in play for me then. Although I’ll concede, I’m having trouble coming up with a solid top 10 of guys I’d be thrilled with at this point. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Lance is a non-starter for me when it comes to this team, for reasons I’ve mentioned before. He seems to be a wonderful talent, but this is not a place someone that raw can succeed. I also couldn’t justify taking an IOL in the top 10, particularly one who isn’t quite superhuman (in the sense that Quenton Nelson is not of this planet).

Cosmi is an interesting one, though. He sure looks the part, doesn’t he? What an imposing, athletic frame on that guy. Arms for days. And there are times when his pass set looks legitimately impenetrable, like he could stonewall his guy for an hour. And then you get plays where they get into him instantly and make him look like a turnstile. Really inconsistent on that front. He’s not much of a mauler in the run game, but he seems to be a solid positional run blocker. 

He probably fits their mold for a LT pretty well. Good athlete, long and rangy frame, very promising pass blocker, seems like he’d be a good fit as a ZBS run blocker. But his game (and his flaws) are pretty reminiscent of Christian and Charles in a lot of respects. Is he enough of an upgrade to burn a top 10 pick on? I’m not sure I’d be in on him at that price. If I could move back to 15ish and pick up another quality selection  in the process, he’s definitely in play for me then. Although I’ll concede, I’m having trouble coming up with a solid top 10 of guys I’d be thrilled with at this point. 

Cosmi is high on my list and I think I’m higher on Mayfield from Michigan than most experts. Go back and watch him battle with Chase Young. Mayfield shows the ability to play up to opponents and that’s huge as we maybe could sneak him in the second with the depth at OL this year

23 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Lock step with you on this one. This team has a ton of holes and needs to become a more consistent unit in all 3 phases. An athletic, top-tier LT would do wonders for this team.

However, I am intrigued by this guy Zach Wilson. Has a live arm, is accurate, has big play ability and has moxie. I was not impressed with Justin Fields if we're being honest. Hard to grade Ohio St. QBs because of their talent level.

Getting Sewell or a top LT in the first or FA should be our top move. As far as Wilson goes, idk what round 2nd or 3rd he would go in but, I’m really high on him! 

On 10/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, lavar703 said:

We won’t pick 9th. People have to realize what just happened. We beat a badly beat up team missing their best player being poorly coached. We just lost to the giants for crying out loud. This is the only team we could run against, the only team we weren’t turning the ball over to multiple times. We still suck. We still won’t win more than 4 games at most. We will still pick top 5. 

You've seen who's ahead of us, right?

21 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think that we should definitely not force a qb.  If we don't see our guy, there are plenty of other positions to invest in.  We have Allen as a backup and there are free agent qbs available.  

If we're not top-2? I agree. No QB and roll with Allen next year.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, lavar703 said:

If we take a RB I want Etienne. That dude is incredible. 

He is probably the first back taken this year. So I think that is probably more of a luxury plus there are explosive guys like him you can get out of a different program that could be just as effective if health and fit mesh well with the team. But your right he’s electric. He actually made the right decision going back he has improved his stock in my opinion

On 10/26/2020 at 5:11 PM, Troublez said:

I like Javonte Williams, RB UNC. That kid has tremendous balance. 

They have a pretty solid QB as well even though everyone knows Howell. But he’s really good. Check out Tulane’s RB he’s got some juice and size. Runs through contact well because of his balance. At work don’t have his name on me 😂😂😂