naptownskinsfan

2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You take the best prospect, doesn’t matter where they come from. If Lance ends up showing like Carson Wentz did at the combine, pro day and personal workouts/interviews you even take him over Lawrence. You have to keep yourself open to any possibility.

I get it, it's just a hard stigma to get by.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know if this fanbase would survive taking an FCS QB to be completely honest. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't know if this fanbase would survive taking an FCS QB to be completely honest. 

Yeah, keep it 100 jessie t usher GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

Posted (edited)
On 10/9/2020 at 8:38 AM, MikeT14 said:

Totally understand that, trust me as an OHIO State fan, I’m even apprehensive about our own QBs transitioning to good - let along great - NFL QBs bc our QBs have been more along the lines of U of Miami QBs in the pros, not Michigan’s but just look at the top QB list today it’s a hodgepodge of different schools, so it’s about the prospect as person you’re drafting, not the school. 

1. Wilson - Nc State? Wisconsin? Only him and Rivers from NC St. QB to ever be great in the NFL from Wisconsin IMO. 

2. Mahomes - Texas Tech, nothing besides him and to a lesser extent Baker

3. Rodgers- Cal, just him and Goff from that school.

4. Brady - Michigan, some good QBs have come out of there before, not many considered the GOAT

5. Brees - Purdue? 😂 Really?

6. Big Ben - Miami of Ohio? Quite interesting that Miami dealt the NFL a Hall of Fame QB and Miami of Florida never has.

7. Lamar - Louisville, Not any I can think of 

8. Prescott - Miss St. Not any I know of.

9. Stafford - Georgia, not any I can think of from there

10. Goff - Cal, so you got him and Rodgers all time!

11. Newton - Auburn, only QB from that school.

12. Cousins - Mich. St.

13. Murray - OU, just him and Baker. OU used to be known as the school you never wanted to draft a QB from Bc they’d all be busts, it’s a main reason I didn’t want Baker, on top of his attitude. I was a Darnold guy and still am tbh.

14. Jimmy G - just him and Romo from Eastern Illinois

15. Rivers - NC State like R. Wilson

16. Matt Ryan - Boston College, him and Flutie

17. Terry Bridgewater- him and Lamar from Louisville

Historically:

Peyton, only QB from Tenn to be elite

Eli, only QB from Miss to win 2 Super Bowls

Aikman - only QB from UCLA to turn out

Montana - not many from Notre Dame turn out in the pros despite the teams rich history.

Favre - Southern Miss, Really?

Dan Marino - First off Eff Pitt, second off, only one

Terry Bradshaw - Louisiana Tech

Elway & Luck - only QBs from Stanford to turn out

Steve Young - BYU, good QB school, but only Great one to turn out. McManhon could’ve been but injuries, concussions and him being Ryan Leaf/Johnny Manziel decades before them, derailed his career.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There's that too. 

On 10/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, e16bball said:

It’s Lawrence first for me. 

Then it gets dicey. I love Sewell and Chase. I consider them both to be well above the typical “top guy” at each of their positions, especially Sewell. 

I’m not sold on Fields or Lance (or Trask) at this point. I haven’t watched any of them closely enough, especially not Lance. He’s such a project for me that I can’t see this being the right setting for him. I’ve pretty much ruled him out, based on how they’ve handled Haskins. Let him go to Indy or something to work with Reich and sit a year behind Rivers. 

I like Parsons a whole lot too, but I don’t see how you can go defense in the 1st round next year. You’re either taking the QB or you’re trying desperately to get the table set with some offensive talent for the QB so he’s not hung out to dry like Haskins was here. 

So would you think Sewell or Chase should be our selection if we don’t end up with the #1 pick, correct?

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So would you think Sewell or Chase should be our selection if we don’t end up with the #1 pick, correct?

It has to be Sewell. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Sewell, 100%. 

Love Chase, but I think Sewell is the better prospect. And we already have a WR1. Much easier to find a good WR2 elsewhere — if you’re not getting your LT at the top of the draft, you’re going to struggle to find a really good one. 

In a perfect world, I’d go LT in the 1st and WR/TE in the 2nd. Then I’d be looking for a guard and maybe a FS or LB in the 3rd. Having to think about going QB really fouls things up, because I’m never really comfortable taking an LT that the entire league chose to pass on. 

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sewell, 100%. 

Love Chase, but I think Sewell is the better prospect. And we already have a WR1. Much easier to find a good WR2 elsewhere — if you’re not getting your LT at the top of the draft, you’re going to struggle to find a really good one. 

In a perfect world, I’d go LT in the 1st and WR/TE in the 2nd. Then I’d be looking for a guard and maybe a FS or LB in the 3rd. Having to think about going QB really fouls things up, because I’m never really comfortable taking an LT that the entire league chose to pass on. 

I definitely agree with you and @lavar703 we’re on the same page.

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sewell, 100%. 

Sewell is a guy I dont want. Because he could end up best at the position in the league. Thus, most expensive. Already looking at a record breaking contract with Chase if he pans.

For me. If were in a spot with Sewell, Rousseau and all are on the board. Take a spare 2nd rd pick, drop back a few and grab someone like Leatherwood. Will make for a pile of picks in the top 100.

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sewell is a guy I dont want. Because he could end up best at the position in the league. Thus, most expensive. Already looking at a record breaking contract with Chase if he pans.

For me. If were in a spot with Sewell, Rousseau and all are on the board. Take a spare 2nd rd pick, drop back a few and grab someone like Leatherwood. Will make for a pile of picks in the top 100.

This might be one of the most ridiculous things you’ve ever posted lol. 

As I stated in a previous post that I would love P.Sewell as our top pick and I would follow up with W.Davis G/Ohio St. in the second. Would love a TE but to me seems like a weak class. Nice to sure up that O-Line. 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Weve seen teams like Detroit unable to build complete teams because money was dedicated to top draft picks. While the teams that never have top draft picks, have complete teams. Those drafting 20-32 on the regular seem to stay there.

Had 20 years of a top paid guy at tackle and it never amounted to anything. And stayed in Cap allowance range, even over. A more complete team is needed. And Leatherwood was the top OLman recruit in the country, Now a top couple prospect, and will be so at the next level.

Whats ridiculous is wanting to sell some jerseys for Dan. Cause were going to have 3-4 top contracts to pay in Chase, Sewell, Terry, Sweat and maybe even one of the Bama Boys. The rest of the squad will hurt from it. 230+ million to spend in 2023, and theres well over 100 million of it sitting right there without a qb factored in.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Weve seen teams like Detroit unable to build complete teams because money was dedicated to top draft picks. While the teams that never have top draft picks, have complete teams. Those drafting 20-32 on the regular seem to stay there.

Had 20 years of a top paid guy at tackle and it never amounted to anything. And stayed in Cap allowance range, even over. A more complete team is needed. And Leatherwood was the top OLman recruit in the country, Now a top couple prospect, and will be so at the next level.

Whats ridiculous is wanting to sell some jerseys for Dan. Cause were going to have 3-4 top contracts to pay in Chase, Sewell, Terry, Sweat and maybe even one of the Bama Boys. The rest of the squad will hurt from it. 230+ million to spend in 2023, and theres well over 100 million of it sitting right there without a qb factored in.

Passing on top talent because you’re scared you’ll have to pay them 5 years down the road is just crazy talk. Nobody builds a team that way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

new girl facepalm GIF by HULU