2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

It all depends on how we finish the season to me,lose out and its QB or Sewell win 1 or 2 games its Parsons or Chase or 4th or 5th QB,Win 3 or more it Pitts,Leatherwood,Smith,or Moses

I think if you’re talking about the Zach Wilson, we can get him at any point in the top 10 - unless a team trades up for him to jump us - all the other teams after the top 2 probably aren’t likely going to take a top 10 but they may. I think the 4th or 5th QB we can probably get that even if we’re picking at 18 should we win the division.

The rest I agree with.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think if you’re talking about the Zach Wilson, we can get him at any point in the top 10 - unless a team trades up for him to jump us - all the other teams after the top 2 probably aren’t going to take a top 10 but they may. I think the 4th or 5th QB we can probably get that even if we’re picking at 18 should we win the division.

The rest I agree with.

Honestly wouldn't shock me if Jags went Wilson over Fields at 2 for Gruden's offense a lot of teams could use QBs this off season.Wouldn't be shocked at all if 3 in top 5 and 4 in top 10.

Jets Jags both going QB then a bunch of teams that could go QB Dallas,Chicago,Atlanta,Minny,Denver,NE,Detriot,Carolina,SF,Phily,and of course us.

• Like 1

Honestly wouldn't shock me if Jags went Wilson over Fields at 2 for Gruden's offense a lot of teams could use QBs this off season.Wouldn't be shocked at all if 3 in top 5 and 4 in top 10.

Jets Jags both going QB then a bunch of teams that could go QB Dallas,Chicago,Atlanta,Minny,Denver,NE,Detriot,Carolina,SF,Phily,and of course us.

I think the Jags clean house! They’ve given Marone enough chances since they went to the playoffs and almost the Super Bowl in 2017. I don’t think Gruden is there next year.

All of those teams aren’t likely to take a QB IMO. I don’t see Dallas doing it. I don’t see Atlanta or Carolina, well not in the top 10 - San Fran will have to trade up for one, I guess that’s possible, same with who Chicago will have to trade up. Detroit? I doubt it.  I don’t see Phila giving up on Wentz after one down year which there seem to be a lot of reasons for.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

This is a really interesting point. If Gruden is playing a role in choosing, I suspect he’ll absolutely love Zach Wilson. Everything about Zach Wilson screams “Jay Gruden would love this guy,” actually.

But @turtle28 has another strong point, I do think the Jags will probably begin the coaching staff purge at this point. Best to do it at the same as you’re preparing for your new QB so the staff can choose their Guy™️. Unless they elevate him to HC, Gruden may not be back. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think if you’re talking about the Zach Wilson, we can get him at any point in the top 10 - unless a team trades up for him to jump us - all the other teams after the top 2 probably aren’t likely going to take a top 10 but they may. I think the 4th or 5th QB we can probably get that even if we’re picking at 18 should we win the division.

If the trajectory continues, you might be looking at Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Fields. If that's the case Wilson is gone by 10. Long gone. 

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If the trajectory continues, you might be looking at Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Fields. If that's the case Wilson is gone by 10. Long gone. 

This... Justin Fields is a joke. Hard pass for me. Last weeks game just showcased what his critics have been saying for two years now. Dude couldn't even beat out Fromm. GTFO here....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Troublez said:

This... Justin Fields is a joke. Hard pass for me. Last weeks game just showcased what his critics have been saying for two years now. Dude couldn't even beat out Fromm. GTFO here....

Yeah, it certainly didn't help the detractors. 

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Doesn’t have the arm and he can’t read it. He went against the unit I said is NFL caliber and they baited him into 3 picks not throws of WR’s hands he cant read the coverages. I will put this one on much like I have with Wentz he can sucseed but I don’t see him as a guy you’ll win it all with outside of having a stacked roster. Not the guy I want leading this team into the playoffs. Elite athlete I don’t even know if he has a NFL arm the way he hurls the ball across his body with both hands high he just simply isn’t my guy I wouldn’t take him in the 2 rounds.

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, it certainly didn't help the detractors. 

I’d love to be wrong because the more hype surrounding him and another guy I don’t like but choose not to openly go there yet, the better chance we have at a premier player falling. That I actually had a much higher grade on Lamar coming out and he went in the bottom of the first. He is a better passer then fields and has a way bigger arm

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What trajectory? One game where Fields made a few mistakes while being under a lot of pressure from the first drive on in the game bc of how poorly Ohio State’s OL & RBs recognized and picked up blitzes vs a very good Indiana defense that’s better than any defense Zach Wilson has ever faced?

Things need to be put in perspective.

Now, if those issues Fields had in the Indian game become a problem the rest of the year then I could possibly see Wilson going higher than him but not off of a just 2 bad quarters in a season where up until last Saturday Fields had more TDs than incompletions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Such as? Break down what happened. If you watched the game you could see all the unblocked blitzers coming out him bc the OL & RBs didn’t pick them up. He had 2 bad quarters & before that he had more TDs than incompletions.

I don’t think you all are seeing what actually happened in the game. 

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d love to be wrong because the more hype surrounding him and another guy I don’t like but choose not to openly go there yet, the better chance we have at a premier player falling. That I actually had a much higher grade on Lamar coming out and he went in the bottom of the first. He is a better passer then fields and has a way bigger arm

Oh please! Lamar Jackson? Come on dude! Fields is way ahead of Lamar as a passer.  Lamar has a strong arm yes, but w/o the zone read he does nothing as a passer. That is shown time and time again when teams shut down the Ravens run game Lamar can’t complete enough balls to win a game for them.

Edited by turtle28