2021 NFL Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly man, I ask myself that all the time. It’s more of an addiction than a actual fandom at this point. I’ve long felt like a drug addict who just can’t quit. I’ve badly wanted to just be done with this whole mess but I can’t see myself rooting for anyone else. The only way I think I could even remotely do it is if Virginia got an expansion team and that’s never going to happen. 

I get that I think that’s why I love scouting it’s a personal reward for me while accepting I have no control of the team but hopefully they maybe take shots because I try to look for players that fit the staff. But trust me I’ve been there time and time again which is why college is what I genuinely get enjoyment out of and I just remind myself this team is what it is and I just hope for best but I stopped speaking that type of stuff because it just kept happening.
Hopefully we get to see the other side bud honestly. Hopefully you find something here that you can enjoy seeing. hopefully they earn the time effort and everything we all have given this team

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I get that I think that’s why I love scouting it’s a personal reward for me while accepting I have no control of the team but hopefully they maybe take shots because I try to look for players that fit the staff. But trust me I’ve been there time and time again which is why college is what I genuinely get enjoyment out of and I just remind myself this team is what it is and I just hope for best but I stopped speaking that type of stuff because it just kept happening.

Hopefully we get to see the other side bud honestly. Hopefully you find something here that you can enjoy seeing. hopefully they earn the time effort and everything we all have given this team

I’m worried Snyder is going to outlive me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m worried Snyder is going to outlive me.

Or we can just stop saying he can’t or won’t get a ring and start hoping he can get out of his own way and then we just have to live long enough lol. We are drafting some players and some can play some can’t and we’ve hit some gems. Now if we can have a really great FA and also really Home run this next class full of need spot talent the whole script can start flipping and then maybe we will see what we have as coaches because right now I think instead of being creative their giving them a few things trying to let them build as they start to actually do the simple things better. Growing by the rep and not trying to do too too much. I’m just trying to relate to a older school guy who i believes has serious patience to do that type of thing with his staff and players

On 10/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, turtle28 said:

Exactly, let use PH’s example against him. Last time I checked when Detroit had Barry Sanders, Scott Mitchell and Rob Moore as their most expensive players they almost made the Super Bowl but we beat them to go in 1992.

Last time I checked when they had Megatron & Stafford together they were always division championship contenders even w/ Aaron Rodgers in the Division and they went to playoffs a few years and almost won a playoff game but the Cowboys had an amazing comeback to beat them.

Point of order: that was before free agency and the salary cap existed.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Point of order: that was before free agency and the salary cap existed.

True but Megatron & Stafford were special and they had some other guys too. I remember that Cowboys playoff game they lost at Jerruh World, it was heartbreaking, they had the lead most of the game.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True but Megatron & Stafford were special and they had some other guys too. I remember that Cowboys playoff game they lost at Jerruh World, it was heartbreaking, they had the lead most of the game.

They were built much like the Rams (before McVay) great player after great because how long they were picking in the top 5 they got a coach in there that sparked them and they blew up. They had Suh and some talented LB’s that were pretty fast but they had I think Fairley and others on the DL that were all high picks. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

They were built much like the Rams (before McVay) great player after great because how long they were picking in the top 5 they got a coach in there that sparked them and they blew up. They had Suh and some talented LB’s that were pretty fast but they had I think Fairley and others on the DL that were all high picks. 

I would argue that back then they were similar to McVay’s version of the Rams only they had Megatron. Suh was awesome, they had Stafford & Megatron and I forget their #2 Wr but he was ok. They didn’t have a running game - they kept missing on like RBs Mike Leshoure, Abdullah & Dahvid Best hurt his neck etc. or they were similar to Gruden’s skins w/ Cousins. Average to slightly above but they have a few years that were better. The Rams under Fisher were 3 yards and a cloud of dust, the opposite of Stafford, Megatron and the Lions passing offense.

I hope we improve the Oline with vet F A signings. The we can draft young playmakers . Receivers, T Es and it looks like a running back . After the QB of course ! A G at R B just ain't going all that swell so far . I know - no blocking .

36 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I hope we improve the Oline with vet F A signings. The we can draft young playmakers . Receivers, T Es and it looks like a running back . After the QB of course ! A G at R B just ain't going all that swell so far . I know - no blocking .

History shows it’s Better to draft a LT in round 1 or 2. We can sign a WR & TE in FA like Njoku or Hollister. I’d actually trade a conditional pick for Hollister of Seattle and give him a co tract extension before the end of the year if he plays well. If not, sign Njoku or him in March.

WR & OG I can go either way, same with LB & S. We still have much roster building to do though. I don’t think Apke is the answer at FS unless a switch flips at some point the rest of the year. I was hoping SDH was going to be an answer at one of the LB spots and I guess he still could be but the more time goes on w/o him looking more than avg, the more I lose hope. I hope we see Holcomb soon.