2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s kinda where I’m at with them. That’s def my range. The thing that I love most about UNC is I like this group but the guys coming up in the next few years could be even more exciting as they start getting their starter reps. Their true freshman CB 20 man that guy is going to be a good one. Got picked on a lot this year and really held his own. Once he gets that situational presence man he has every tool fluid hips plays the ball well in the air. When he starts really trusting his eyes and isn’t thinking man I should still be in Highschool this guys going to be a beast. They have a few LB’s that I was excited to see that filled in great and are only going to improve. Their OL is tough. I really like the direction of this program Mack is going to have this team doing Texas things in the ACC.

Jack Black Yes GIF

• Like 1

Mond is a really smart player!!! He’s not your typical runner this guy has really really impressed me this season!!! I’m completely okay with that flier selection after BPA early. He is only going to get better as a passer because he has developed in progressions and with all college players there will be decisions your like what are you doing but for a running QB he is very advanced with his feel for the pocket and scanning the field and he will sit and not just bail after the first read isn’t there. Of all the QB’s besides the top round guys I’d say Mond is the one I have the best feeling about. I think he really allowed Jimbo to do everything he wants his offense to do. 
Howell is everything I’ve put him out to be this year and last year I’m super high on him. We do not have to reach for QB we need to go BPA and if we are lucky enough to strike gold then great but we can not afford to reach for a QB

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Anais Smith from A&M can really fill that McKissic role. He’s essentially a slot WR with better speed then JD and he can run just as effective as McKissic.

Maybe next year, he’s a sophomore.

I have my eye on Javonte Williams (UNC), Trey Sermon (OSU), Jaret Patterson (Buffalo), Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis), Chuba Hubbard (Ok St), Zamir White (UGA), Mohamed Ibrahim (Good Counsel in Rockville, MD), Stevie Scott (IU), or CJ Verdell (Oregon) in rounds 3-5.

If we want to draft a McKissic type we should take Kylin Hill from Miss St in the late rounds.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Mond is a really smart player!!! He’s not your typical runner this guy has really really impressed me this season!!! I’m completely okay with that flier selection after BPA early. He is only going to get better as a passer because he has developed in progressions and with all college players there will be decisions your like what are you doing but for a running QB he is very advanced with his feel for the pocket and scanning the field and he will sit and not just bail after the first read isn’t there. Of all the QB’s besides the top round guys I’d say Mond is the one I have the best feeling about. I think he really allowed Jimbo to do everything he wants his offense to do. 
Howell is everything I’ve put him out to be this year and last year I’m super high on him. We do not have to reach for QB we need to go BPA and if we are lucky enough to strike gold then great but we can not afford to reach for a QB

He definitely has the upside but there’s a lot to be developed, which is why he’s probably going to fall to the 3rd round.

If Mond was more consistent like Mac Jones for example he may find himself as a 2nd round prospect or even a back half of the 1st round prospect bc all the tools are certainly there for him to develop into a good starter. 

Maybe this isn’t a good comp bc I don’t think Mond quite has his athletic ability but, I see a lot of Colin Kapernick in Mond. Big, Strong arm, physical, well put together, when he gets on the field he looks like an linebacker or a DE. Mond just has to get more consistent and more accurate.

Rivera and company had some success getting Cam to be more accurate after a few years in the league, so if we draft Mond in round 3, maybe they can do that with him too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really liked what I saw from Buddy Johnson. He was all over the field and was hitting like a freight train. He seems like the kinda guy who goes late in the draft or undrafted and then sticks around for 10-12 years. 

Good point, like Vince Williams from Pittsburgh who played at Florida State - I remember wanting to draft him so bad as an understudy to London Fletcher. Purely a run stuffer as a true MLB but a guy you want on your team and sticks around bc he does everything right even if he isn’t the best athlete on the field.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe next year, he’s a sophomore.

I have my eye on Javonte Williams (UNC), Trey Sermon (OSU), Jaret Patterson (Buffalo), Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis), Chuba Hubbard (Ok St), Zamir White (UGA), Mohamed Ibrahim (Good Counsel in Rockville, MD), Stevie Scott (IU), or CJ Verdell (Oregon) in rounds 3-5.

If we want to draft a McKissic type we should take Kylin Hill from Miss St in the late rounds.

I’m high on Williams and Gainwell, I see both as 3rd round prospects

49 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I really wouldn't mind grabbing a HB in the 3rd,but think giving up the extra 3rd to get to about the 14th pick if we make playoffs to grab one of the 4 pass catchers if there would be better then grabbing a spot hb

24 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I really wouldn't mind grabbing a HB in the 3rd,but think giving up the extra 3rd to get to about the 14th pick if we make playoffs to grab one of the 4 pass catchers if there would be better then grabbing a spot hb

I hadn’t thought about that, that would be good if we could pull it off but on the flip side, I don’t think we’d have to trade up for Bateman from Minnesota or Rondale Moore from Purdue. I can’t imagine both them being gone before we pick at 19.

I think if we’re trading up with our 3rd in the first round it has to be targeted on draft day for a prospect like Zach Wilson, La’Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts or Jaylen Waddle should they fall to the early teens.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hadn’t thought about that, that would be good if we could pull it off but on the flip side, I don’t think we’d have to trade up for Bateman from Minnesota or Rondale Moore from Purdue. I can’t imagine both them being gone before we pick at 19.

I think if we’re trading up with our 3rd in the first round it has to be targeted on draft day for a prospect like Zach Wilson, La’Marr Chase or Kyle Pitts should they fall to the teens.

I'd trade up for Chase or Waddle too if medical checks out

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I spent some time watching Gainwell yesterday. Almost posted about him. He’s electric, absolutely a 3rd/early 4th pick in my view. I’ve been having trouble with a comp for him — I keep coming back to Miles Sanders, but I think Gainwell has a little more juice, a little less size, and less vision. Maybe a rich man’s Nyheim Hines?

Anyway, him led me to kind of an interesting question. I think we’ve all been figuring that they’ll want to add a bigger back to play the role that Peyton Barber has been filling this season. That would probably rule out guys like Gainwell and Demetric Felton. But what if they want the RB3 spot to be another guy who is equally adept at receiving, that would be more of an actual “backup” for the Gibson/McKissic duo than a complement to those two guys? Would make the desired profile totally different.