2021 NFL Draft Thread

49 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think there’s a chance he and Harris go over Etienne when it’s said and done.

It was just one game and OSU really focused on taking Eiteene & Lawrence - as a runner - out of the game for Clemson in the CFP game last Friday - bc that’s what beat OSU last year - but, Etienne did nothing in the game and neither did Lawrence with his legs.

Etienne had 10 carries for 32 yards vs Ohio State. That’s an awful showing for his last college game.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I spent some time watching Gainwell yesterday. Almost posted about him. He’s electric, absolutely a 3rd/early 4th pick in my view. I’ve been having trouble with a comp for him — I keep coming back to Miles Sanders, but I think Gainwell has a little more juice, a little less size, and less vision. Maybe a rich man’s Nyheim Hines?

Anyway, him led me to kind of an interesting question. I think we’ve all been figuring that they’ll want to add a bigger back to play the role that Peyton Barber has been filling this season. That would probably rule out guys like Gainwell and Demetric Felton. But what if they want the RB3 spot to be another guy who is equally adept at receiving, that would be more of an actual “backup” for the Gibson/McKissic duo than a complement to those two guys? Would make the desired profile totally different.

I’d would rather them have a more downhill runner as our 3rd running back behind Gibson/McKissic who can be a short yardage guy and is a good special teams guy.

If we are replacing Barber - and I question if Rivera even wants to - I think we need a back like Barber who is a downhill, in between the tackles guy and the guy has to be a good special teams player bc Barber is all of those things.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Now that all the games are done, does anyone have an update on where we pick if we lose and where we could potentially pick if one and done in playoffs? 

lose we pick 10th
Win 19th

Edited by ovfd55

If zack Wilson falls past 10 I’m down to trade up and get him. If not stand pat and take Lance if he falls.

Honestly we may take mac Jones, QB is our most pressing need. I hate to reach for a QB but we desperately need one

heres to hoping we can avoid all this and sign dak!

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Welp I love making the playoffs have to wonder if Philly just go themselves Ja'Marr Chase or De'vonta Smith for Jalen Hurts though

I think so. Going to be a special Philly offense with one of those guys along w/ Reagor, Miles Sanders & Goddert for the next decade.

56 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

If zack Wilson falls past 10 I’m down to trade up and get him. If not stand pat and take Lance if he falls.

Honestly we may take mac Jones, QB is our most pressing need. I hate to reach for a QB but we desperately need one

heres to hoping we can avoid all this and sign Dak!

Yeah, I’d rather sign Dak then take a chance on any of those 3 QBs.

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

heres to hoping we can avoid all this and sign dak!

I want you guys to go get Stafford. With that defense, I think you guys would be terrifying with Stafford at the top

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I want you guys to go get Stafford. With that defense, I think you guys would be terrifying with Stafford at the top

Yeah, I think everyone wants Stafford, most just don’t want to trade multiple picks and probably two first round picks to get him. That’s too much draft capital to lose although, if you take away those two future players and place Stafford on this current team which should be mostly in place for the next 5 years we’re a Super Bowl contender w/ our defense, Gibby running the ball and Stafford.

I’d still rather go another direction at QB and honestly, I don’t think Washington is looking for a new starting QB unless Alex retires which he may do now because short of winning a Super Bowl, what left does he have to prove?

Came back from the worst broken leg/infection to a player I can ever heard remember in NFL history to play this year - which almost no one thought he could do - played at about his standards the second half of the year, went 5-1 as a starter and righted the ship on a 2-7 team and got them to 7-9, a Division  Championship and into the playoffs.

Edited by turtle28

This is exactly how I have felt all season and is the reason that I have been somewhat critical of those that criticized a "win now attitude."  Very well said - we should remember this perspective for seasons to come. 

Edited by Troublez

Guys to target in the 18-25 range for me:

Christian Darrisaw, OT, VT

Patrick Surtain II, CB, Bama

Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

Jaylen Waddle, WR, Bama

Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri

Alex Leatherwood, OT, Bama