2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't get people thinking we're not a QB away
We went 5-1 with ok not great play in games Alex started
We likely beat or at least push the 3 seed Seattle to the limit if anyone other then Haskins plays much less a top 10-15 QB

A Qb would make us competitive in my book and if you hit on the extra pieces around him such as another wr in FA or Draft a FS and LB and we could be contenders.

The Defense should be Top 5 again next year getting back Collins and Matt Iaondiss,and we get our #2 WR back in Kelvin Harmon,and young guys like Gibson Terry and company could see growth on offense.

I agree the D will be good again but, I wouldn’t call Harmon a #2 WR. He’s more like a #3 or 4 WR who was starting by the end of the year in 2019 bc we didn’t have anyone better but it’s not like he was anything better than average. 

I think this team is a QB, a better option at #2 WR & in the slot, a better MLB and FS away from being a perennial playoff team every year. It’s also questionable if Lucas is good enough at LT to be a starting LT on a good offense. He’s certainly not awful, but he’s more RT than LT and I would hope to do better there too in the future.

Edited by turtle28

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Clearly their future? He wasn’t that good and if they have a shot at Wilson or Fields I’d be willing to bet they pick one of them. 

I don’t know if Hurts is their future or not. I don’t think they’re going to be drafting a QB high again even if they trade Wentz somehow. 

I think Hurts flashed enough to get a full season to prove if he could be the guy or not. There will always be more QBs they can draft in future drafts, it’s not like they have to take a QB this draft because they don’t have options at the position already.

15 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Hurts looked pretty competent to me.  He was beating up on our defense anyways.

He was running in our defense. Through 3 quarters he was only 35% for 72 passing yards & an interception.

I do agree that he flashed enough though where I don’t think they’d take a QB in round 1.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He was running in our defense. Through 3 quarters he was only 35% for 72 passing yards & an interception.

I do agree that he flashed enough though where I don’t think they’d take a QB in round 1.

You are correct, statistically he was crap.  But did you not breath a sigh of relief when Sudfield came in?  Cause I was nervous with Hurts in.  

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I hope so. He just seems like a major risk to me and I’d rather take a more sure thing.

I think this is my issue been burnt by rookie QBs to much I'm afraid to pour the time needed involved and miss and risk losing a window with this defense if the QB doesn't pan out.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hope so. He just seems like a major risk to me and I’d rather take a more sure thing.

There’s no system for QB’s outside of their all a risk. I get what your saying I just it’s just a feeling. I do believe he is going to pan out idky it’s completely just a gut feeling for me I def trust it lol

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

You are correct, statistically he was crap.  But did you not breath a sigh of relief when Sudfield came in?  Cause I was nervous with Hurts in.  

Well of course bc Sudfeld can’t pass or run. Hurts was killing us with his legs.

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I think this is my issue been burnt by rookie QBs to much I'm afraid to pour the time needed involved and miss and risk losing a window with this defense if the QB doesn't pan out.

For me it’s just Lance doesn’t have much of a resume. I have issues with the level of competition he’s playing against, that’s always an issue for me. I think he throws a great ball but, I don’t see him throw into tight widows often, it’s clear that his team is far and away one of the most talented teams in the FCS.

There’s just a lot of things that I question with him. It’s that I don’t know enough and haven’t seen enough to be proven right or wrong about him and that’s why I see him as the biggest risk in the draft.

All of the FBS QBs I’ve seen play a lot and I know what I’m getting with them, at least as far as prospects.

Edited by turtle28

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well of course bc Sudfeld can’t pass or run. Hurts was killing us with his legs.

Hurts had 30-yards rushing when they took him out. He wasn’t exactly killing us. Like I said in the main thread, you would’ve thought the Eagles took out Pat Mahomes. The dude had a 25 passer rating and threw for 72 yards through three quarters of football. They basically got 7-points without the outrageous penalty-aided drive that should’ve ended on a Montez Sweat sack. He had four plays to give them the lead back inside the 5 because of a fluke interception and couldn’t do it. People are really overreacting to Hurts being benched. He wasn’t good and had he been on our sidelines we all would’ve been begging for him to be benched. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Hurts looked pretty competent to me.  He was beating up on our defense anyways.

No he wasn’t lol. Between rushing and passing he had 108 yards total through three quarters. The guy was 7-20 and was sporting a 25 passer rating when he got benched. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Hurts had 30-yards rushing when they took him out. He wasn’t exactly killing us. Like I said in the main thread, you would’ve thought the Eagles took out Pat Mahomes. The dude had a 25 passer rating and threw for 72 yards through three quarters of football. They basically got 7-points without the outrageous penalty-aided drive that should’ve ended on a Montez Sweat sack. He had four plays to give them the lead back inside the 5 because of a fluke interception and couldn’t do it. People are really overreacting to Hurts being benched. He wasn’t good and had he been on our sidelines we all would’ve been begging for him to be benched. 

He had two rushing TDs. That’s the most important stats any rusher could have.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He had two rushing TDs. That’s the most important stats any rusher could have.

In the first half and then proceeded to do nothing else. But please, be the contrarian and argue with me for the next 6-pages about how well the QB who threw for 70 yards through three full quarters of football played. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

No he wasn’t lol. Between rushing and passing he had 108 yards total through three quarters. The guy was 7-20 and was sporting a 25 passer rating when he got benched. 

It was those two long drives they had, the first towards the end of the 1st quarter and the second towards beginning of second quarter that made me nervous.  I think almost all his production was there and it seemed like he could move the ball.  He put two tds on the board before the half and that made me nervous.  But you guys are right.  He also struggled as well.

• Like 1