Week 5 | Other Games GDT

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We could really use that guy in Minnesota 

Hilarious post. I swear I wasn’t going to say anything about that game, even after the last 5 minutes, but you said that and now you have to take your medicine 😂

Seattle scores to cut the lead to 13-7, and Cousins immediately responds with a sack/fumble inside his own 20. Classic Cousins. Seattle scores in two plays. Up 14-13 now. Send it back to Cousins and he immediately throws a pick! Double classic Cousins 😂 Seattle scores on the next play to go up 21-13. Went from 13-0 to 13-21 in less than 2 minutes. 

Now that he’s effectively blown the game and everyone has given up on him again, he’ll probably make some plays and tighten it up. Then we’ll see what happens at the end. Come on, my friend, you’ve seen this movie enough times. It’s WAY too predictable. 

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Hilarious post. I swear I wasn’t going to say anything about that game, even after the last 5 minutes, but you said that and now you have to take your medicine 😂

Seattle scores to cut the lead to 13-7, and Cousins immediately responds with a sack/fumble inside his own 20. Classic Cousins. Seattle scores in two plays. Up 14-13 now. Send it back to Cousins and he immediately throws a pick! Double classic Cousins 😂 Seattle scores on the next play to go up 21-13. Went from 13-0 to 13-21 in less than 2 minutes. 

Now that he’s effectively blown the game and everyone has given up on him again, he’ll probably make some plays and tighten it up. Then we’ll see what happens at the end. Come on, my friend, you’ve seen this movie enough times. It’s WAY too predictable. 

I’d still take him over what we have. I’ve seen us be competitive with him and when we didn’t have a D or running game. 

oh look at that a Cousins TD, they’re back on top.

they’re playing the 4-0 Seachickens in Seattle. Kirk’s actually played ok there the last few times.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d still take him over what we have. I’ve seen us be competitive with him and when we didn’t have a D or running game. 

oh look at that a Cousins TD, they’re back on top.

they’re playing the 4-0 Seachickens in Seattle. Kirk’s actually played ok there the last few times.

😂 maybe the medicine is for me, I’ll take it if he comes back from that trainwreck of a 3rd quarter.

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

That's the Cousins we all know & love.

When the game is on the line? He always comes up short.

I'll never regret, letting his *** go.

And that says a lot, considering the situation we're currently in.

My only regret, is we didn't trade him for draft picks.

11-26

I’m not gonna kill Cousins too much for tonight. He bounced back well after the brain freeze, did all he could from there. 

But I will say that this game sorta shows the issue with him and his intermittent lapses. As a QB, if you’re involved in 45 plays and even only 2-3 of them are terrible brain dead moments like you get from him sometimes, you’re putting your team behind the 8 ball. 

He came back better than I expected tonight though, and he really could easily have gotten a big win out of it, so it’s a mixed deck for him. No medicine for anybody I guess 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m not gonna kill Cousins too much for tonight. He bounced back well after the brain freeze, did all he could from there. 

But I will say that this game sorta shows the issue with him and his intermittent lapses. As a QB, if you’re involved in 45 plays and even only 2-3 of them are terrible brain dead moments like you get from him sometimes, you’re putting your team behind the 8 ball. 

He came back better than I expected tonight though, and he really could easily have gotten a big win out of it, so it’s a mixed deck for him. No medicine for anybody I guess 😂

Full disclosure, I think that’s what Rivera sees in Haskins. A lot of good but he just doesn’t think he has “it.” I guess we’ll see if he’s right.

Edited by turtle28

Kinda strange watching Herbert out there playing well early for the Chargers. They’re doing this wacky thing where they have their rookie QB throwing to a top 10 WR1, a top 5 WR2, and a top 10 TE. I know it’s not just those guys that he’s making great throws to, but it’s odd how having a lot of talent out there on the field is coinciding with his success. I don’t know that anyone would ever have surmised that. 

They're sorta going against the grain by allowing him to throw to good players instead of using the season to evaluate day 3 picks and UDFAs. Be interesting to see how it plays out for them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Kinda strange watching Herbert out there playing well early for the Chargers. They’re doing this wacky thing where they have their rookie QB throwing to a top 10 WR1, a top 5 WR2, and a top 10 TE. I know it’s not just those guys that he’s making great throws to, but it’s odd how having a lot of talent out there on the field is coinciding with his success. I don’t know that anyone would ever have surmised that. 

They're sorta going against the grain by allowing him to throw to good players instead of using the season to evaluate day 3 picks and UDFAs. Be interesting to see how it plays out for them.

Either way, I’ll say it’s very unusual for a team to have that much talent at WR & TE. We weren’t going to have that no matter what, but we could’ve spent more to get Hopper (Cooper gave us the middle finger although I guess we could’ve given him $70 million in guarantees and lost McLaurin in a few years...). If we couldn’t get Hopper, we could’ve at least paid to get a TE like Nick Vanette to start who can block and catch - a novel concept for a TE!

We also could’ve signed a better starting WR opposite Terry who wasn’t as expensive as Cooper, really odd we didn’t. I get wanting the young guys to play with Haskins and grow, that goes out the window and you look like a fool when you bench Haskins off his best career game for a guy who was awful last November & December - so bad he got you fired - and say you are trying to do the division in doing so.

Honestly, this so far reminds me of the Shanahan/Allen era, they said one thing when hired 4-5 year rebuild then went out and traded for McNabb, Jammal Brown and signed a bunch of FA vets in 2011.

22 hours ago, e16bball said:

They were a #collegekicker away from upsetting the Saints.