turtle28

Sam Darnold

Posted (edited)

Stay with me here.

Sam Darnold has Brett Favre type skills and mentality, both good and bad, he’s a gun slinger who will have some ints but only bc he’s trying to get it downfield and make a huge play.

The Jets are likely to have the #1 pick and then be trading Sam Darnold next year as they draft Trevor Lawrence.

We can trade a 2nd round pick and a mid round pick for Darnold and get him I believe.

Sam has had to deal w/ bad offensive coaching, a bad OL since he was drafted and average to mostly bad WRs & TEs since he was drafted 3 years ago.

Sam really just needs a change of scenery and he needs a #1 QB to throw to like Terry. Trading for Sam next year allows us to be able to draft Sewell, Ja’Marr Chase, Micah Parsons, Jaylen Waddle or Dylan Moses in the top 10 instead of a QB.

What say you?

Edited by turtle28

Threads like this make me realize just how far we’ve fallen as a franchise. It’s not your fault turtle, it’s Dan Snyders fault for making us think stuff like this is a viable alternative. I also don’t see the switch to Allen having the affect Rivera thinks it will. I just don’t think Turners offense is all that innovative and that’s part of the problem. We’ll be picking top 3 at worst and I still think we have a real shot at the first pick. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I would prefer going after Jameis compared to Darnold.

He’s older, Sam Darnold is only 23, will be 24 before next season starts, Jameis is going to be 27. Although, Jameis will have had a year to learn from Sean Payton & Drew Brees. On top of that, Jameis has a Haskins type issue IMO, even more so than Haskins. Jameis is aloof and doesn’t seem like a leader at all.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Threads like this make me realize just how far we’ve fallen as a franchise. It’s not your fault turtle, it’s Dan Snyders fault for making us think stuff like this is a viable alternative. I also don’t see the switch to Allen having the affect Rivera thinks it will. I just don’t think Turners offense is all that innovative and that’s part of the problem. We’ll be picking top 3 at worst and I still think we have a real shot at the first pick. 

Yes, but outside of Trevor Lawrence the other 3 QBs aren’t definitely better prospects than Sam Darnold. I still think Darnold has more potential than Baker and he’s younger, the Jets have just not surrounded him with talent since they drafted him.

I think if Sam was in Cleveland now, Cleveland would actually be better than they are with Baker.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but outside of Trevor Lawrence the other

I'll give you this turtle, if Rivera truly is done with Haskins, then we definitely better start thinking about options outside of lawrence.  On the other hand, I don't know if a staff who doesn't seem to have the patience to develop Haskins should inherit a qb retread project.  But this idea that we will get lawrence is absurd.  As bad as we are, we won't be picking #1.  We play the giants twice for god sakes.  Our defense is good enough that we will win games late in the season.  Lawrence will either be picked by #1 or end up costing the future of some franchise to secure.

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade them Haskins for Sam Darnold straight up.

I would do that.

Why would they?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, offbyone said:

I'll give you this turtle, if Rivera truly is done with Haskins, then we definitely better start thinking about options outside of lawrence.  On the other hand, I don't know if a staff who doesn't seem to have the patience to develop Haskins should inherit a qb retread project.  But this idea that we will get lawrence is absurd.  As bad as we are, we won't be picking #1.  We play the giants twice for god sakes.  Our defense is good enough that we will win games late in the season.  Lawrence will either be picked by #1 or end up costing the future of some franchise to secure.

Our D is his giving up 28 ppg, the only times where Haskins put them in a bad spot was his two bad ints vs the Browns and a few of the fumbles by other players and the one by him.

We need to get past the line “with this defense, I don’t see us losing this or that game,” the D is part of the problem. Missed tackles, poor coverage by especially the safeties have led to us giving up 28 ppg. If they were giving up 20 ppg or less like I had hoped they would, we’d be 3-1, at worst 2-2.

We are one of the 5 worst teams in the league. We are definitely in the running for the #1 pick. I have no clue how Kyle Allen will play but other than him knowing the offense better it won’t be much better than Haskins and Kyle’s arm talent limitations vs Haskins’ could cost us some.

Theres a very good chance we go 1-15, 2-14 or 3-13 again, at best I see us winning 5 or 6 games but as @Woz pointed out it’s incredibly hard to find those 4 other wins.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade them Haskins for Sam Darnold straight up.

I would do that.

If you have the #1 pick would you trade Sam Darnold for Haskins?

*sees this thread*

gifnewgroove.gif

*remembers he's retired and this is all Thai and naptown's problems now*

3-.gif

• Like 2

Darnold makes some amazing throws he is worth bringing as a back up if we dont land Lawrence.

Haskin needs tough competition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Darnold makes some amazing throws he is worth bringing as a back up if we dont land Lawrence.

Haskin needs tough competition.

Darnold has more upside than Haskins.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Darnold has more upside than Haskins.

I'd keep Haskin but bring in a Sam Darnold and use that top pick for a quality LT aand maybe get a guard in the 2nd.

WR id go after one in free agency or roll the dice with Kelvin Harmon and bring in another wr in the 3rd.