2020 Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

We had this thread last year but I don’t see one this year. All of the threads are advice threads. Here is a thread you can share your record, your progress, your prize money, your lineups for both Season Long and Daily, your rosters, your waiver wire pickups that you’re not asking for advice on, etc.

This is basically like a General Discussion thread for fantasy. 

I’m currently 1-3 in a 12 Team PPR League. My team looks vastly different than opening week because of injuries. I lost Barkley and Sutton, and some depth players from Rounds 5-7. Over half my team is waiver wire and I basically changed my team name to Waiver Wire Squad. 

Here is my lineup for Week 5:

QB Carson Wentz (9)

RB Miles Sanders (2)

RB Joshua Kelley (WW)

WR D.J. Moore (3)

WR Allen Robinson II (4)

TE Mike Gesicki (WW)

Flex WR Scotty Miller (WW)

K Jason Sanders (WW)

DEF Tampa Bay (WW)

Bench:

QB Aaron Rodgers (10) (bye)

RB Myles Gaskin (WW)

RB Damien Harris (WW)

WR A.J. Green (8)

WR Henry Ruggs III (WW)

TE T.J. Hockenson (11) (bye)

I like Myles Gaskin as a long term starter at RB2, but sitting him against the super tough Niner Run D. 

I also like the Scotty Miller play tonight, Bears Nickel sucks and Godwin is out with an injury. 

2-2 (after a 2-0 start) in a 12 team, 0.5 PPR league that starts 2 RB/3 WR. 

The team I drafted
QB Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield
RB Austin Ekeler, Kenyan Drake, Chris Thompson, Damien Harris, Duke Johnson
WR Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore, Jarvis Landry, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Brandon Aiyuk
TE Darren Waller
DST Vikings
Zane Gonzalez

Lost Sutton for the season, Ekeler for 4-6 weeks, regrettably cut Harris and Aiyuk for safe plays cuz I was hurting. My team now?

QB Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert
RB Austin Ekeler*, Joe Mixon, Justin Jackson, Nyheim Hines, Alexander Mattison
WR Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, David Moore, Mike Williams, Chase Claypool
TE Darren Waller, Evan Engram
DST Chiefs (stream)
Harrison Butker

Today, I traded Kenyan Drake and DJ Moore for Joe Mixon and Sammy Watkins because I'm hurting at RB and that's harder to replace than WR.

Have waiver claims out on Marques Valdez-Scantling and Russell Gage to replace Mike Williams and Chase Claypool but I doubt I get either as I'm in a league with a bunch of Packers fans (I literally lost last week because someone actually played Robert Tonyan) and I have the 11th waiver claim after using the 5th waiver claim to get Justin Jackson.

Edited by beekay414

9 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1-3. NEVER been 1-3 at the first quarter mark in my home league. I really think I'll end up dropping to 1-4. I've ran through the gaunlet of "Elite Fantasy" QBs to start off my season.

Lamar Jackson, Matt Ryan, Dak, Russ Wilson and now Mahomes this week.

Ouch. I've also played the highest scorer 3 outta 4 weeks and have the highest points against me so far.

I do 2 big money leagues every year, 12 team 0.5 PPR. I’m 2-2 in both but feel both teams are very strong. Went RB in 1st 3 rounds for each, which paid off as I flipped the extra RB(s) for upgrades elsewhere. Picked up James Robinson too in 1st league which let me get such nice WRs.  

2-0 start, 0-2 since. Have added Evans (W5) and Thielen (W4)

QB Matt Ryan
RB Miles Sanders, Josh Jacobs, Darrell Henderson, D’Andre Swift, Latavius Murray
WR Mike Evans, Adam Thielen, DJ Moore, Robert Woods, Diontae Johnson, Laviska Shenault
TE Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst
DST Ravens
Stream

0-2 start, 2nd highest and highest scorer in past 2 weeks, respectively. Have misplayed QB every week (played Mullens last week, big brain play... was still highest scorer) and looks like that trend will continue as I played Brady this week. Added ARob and Andrews in W3. Not as good as 1st team but plan to turn 1 of these fringe flex RBs (MGIII, White) along w/ Woods into a WR upgrade. Few teams in league are stacked at WR w/ awful RBs.

QB Tom Brady, Drew Brees
RB Miles Sanders, Joe Mixon, Melvin Gordon, James White, Jamaal Williams
WR Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Robert Woods, Laviska Shenault, Allen Lazard (IR)
TE Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
DST Colts, Bills
Stream

3-1 in my big money league, scored the most points in the league. 

That being said, I'm the titanic and I've already struck the iceberg. Mike Davis has quite literally saved my season at this point. All of my running backs drafted were busts except Dalvin Cook. I took Drake in round 2, Cam Akers, Moss and Ingram (luckily traded Ingram before the season started). Complete disaster there. 

Its a super flex league, and one my quarterbacks is Dak. So that's not ideal. 

Wide receivers are strong, tight end has worked out about as well as I could hope given that I didn't take one until my very last pick of  the draft (Jonnu Smith, used Schulz last week when Smith was not playing). 

Need to figure out my QB situation, need to figure out my RB2 situation because CMC will be back at some point. 

Officially 1-4 and have faced #1 or #2 highest scorer every week. My points Against is 180+ points higher than the next person lol. 

According to Yahoo Projections I’m projected to lose my next game and go 1-5, and then projected to win all my remaining games and go 8-5. I seriously doubt that will happen though, think my season is toast. 

Edited by BayRaider

I've won my main money league 2 years running now but looks like that streak is almost certainly gonna come to an end this year - this season has been pretty brutal for me thus far. Made some mistakes at the draft (damn you DJ Moore), lost my 1st round pick Chubb to injury, and in general have just been dealing with ridiculous week to week injury luck. Other than Week 1, I have yet to have a week where I didn't have at least one player get knocked out of their games early on through injury leaving me basically playing 1 or 2 slots down in my matchup on a weekly basis. 

Sitting at 2-3 but towards the bottom of the points scored standings - this is my current squad (10 team 0.5ppr):

QB: Lamar Jackson 

RB: Miles Sanders, James Robinson, Raheem Mostert, Darrel Henderson, Nick Chubb

WR: Robert Woods, Devante Parker, Diontae Johnson, DJ Moore

TE: Mike Gesicki, Noah Fant

D/ST: Patriots

K: Harrison Butker 

Feel like I've got decent depth but other than Chubb, who is injured, this mostly looks like a combination of RB2's and WR2's with usage that varies wildly from week to week. Really thought Diontae Johnson was going to be a league-winner type breakout pick for me but the dude just can't stay healthy 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

On 10/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

...in general have just been dealing with ridiculous week to week injury luck. Other than Week 1, I have yet to have a week where I didn't have at least one player get knocked out of their games early on through injury leaving me basically playing 1 or 2 slots down in my matchup on a weekly basis. 

My near perfect injury record continues... this week, a solid 1/3 of my lineup had to leave their games through injury with Miles Sanders, Raheem Mostert, and DeVante Parker all getting knocked out.

So that's now my 1st and 2nd round picks (Chubb and Sanders) and my top 3 RB's (Chubb, Sanders, and Mostert) all out injured. Will barely be able to field a full lineup next week the way it's looking. 

Cherry on top of that is that of course my opponent had by far his best week of the year with Justin Jefferson leading the way. 

I know everyone deals with injuries, and hell I've dealt with big injuries before and soldiered through it (won this league last year even with Saquon being injured/ineffective for 3/4 of the year)... but this year just feels different... at this point I'm just hoping I get a week where everyone in my lineup actually finishes their game.