2020 Fantasy Progress Thread

BayRaider

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Reminds me of my opponent this week. Your season is weirdly similar to his. He has ekeler. Obj. Mostert. Godwin. Once the injuries started, he basically started scoring between 125-130 every. Single. Week. It was a running joke for the last like three weeks that if I just scored 130 when we played I would win. 

I scored 137. He scored 128. It's crazy. In 6 of the last 7 weeks, he's scored between 126 - 130.5. it's bizarre. 

Yeah, with how scoring has been this year, it's below average scoring so that's why I called it "consistently consistent" instead lol. Just a really terrible year for me.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

The Brady last Brady interception last night erased my 2 point lead in my money league matchup that would have sewn up a playoff berth and left me two weeks to duke it out for the #1 seed with one other guy (who has had one of those "he's winning because everyone else's team always craps the bed when they play him, not his team plays particularly great" seasons).  Instead I tied and no one can touch him for the #1 seed now.

On the plus side, I picked up Damien Harris off waivers (why he was sitting there I don't know) - and he's less of a straight need now that Zeke looks to have come back from the dead now that Andy Dalton (and, I suspect, more Zack Martin) are healthy again.  I had gotten fortunate, more out of security because I was playing the Carson owner and wanted to block him, on Thursday and picked up Carlos Hyde right ahead of Carson and Homer being ruled out for TNF and started him.  I've now-since dropped him to pick up my Brady-bye-week filler a week early because I wanted to sew that up and not be scrambling week-of; based off how this last weekend went, barring bad weather, I feel ducky about rolling Derek Carr out there against the Jets, particularly when I already have Josh Jacobs.

@Forge So I think I just got my consolation prize for my team collectively crapping the bed last week:

Even in losing I still managed to clinch a playoff spot.  And one of the teams who is in a dogfight for the last two spots dropped Julio earlier in the week because he needed to be sure of a full slate of players going into this last week before the playoffs.  I didn't necessarily need him, but I'd been stashing Kenny Golladay based on his playoff matchups and waiting for him to come back from injury, so I figured, "What the hell?" and put in a waiver claim (I had a middling waiver priority) for Julio, dropping Golladay.  And it just went through!

Granted, this means I'm fighting a clear uphill battle this week where nothing more than seeding is on the line, with no QB starting (my 3 Bucs on bye, which include Brady, occupy my 3 bench slots) thanks to Josh Jacobs being ruled out and my opting to pick up Devontae Booker in the ++ matchup versus a shaky-ish Derek Carr in the same matchup, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

So presently my roster heading into the playoffs is
QB: Brady (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
WR: Chris Godwin (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
WR: Julio Jones (@LAC, vs TB, @KC)
RB: Josh Jacobs (IND, LAC, MIA - all at home)
RB: Ronald Jones (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
TE: TJ Hockenson (vs GB, @TEN, vs TB)
WR/TE: Robert Woods (vs NE, vs NYJ, @SEA)
WR/RB: Damien Harries (@LAR, @MIA, vs BUF)
K: Harrison Butker (@MIA, @NO, vs ATL)
D/ST: Niners (vs WAS, @DAL, @ARI)

Bench: Zeke Elliott (@CIN, vs SF, vs PHI), Chase Claypool (@BUF, @CIN, vs IND), Devontae Booker* (vs IND, vs LAC, vs MIA)
* Likely a "swap spot" to pickup/deny favorable matchups on the WW for my opponent - worst case scenario, if I make it to the semi's I can give myself a different matchup option at D/ST in the finals so that I don't have to sweat facing a (presumably by then) healthy-again Kyler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

@Forge So I think I just got my consolation prize for my team collectively crapping the bed last week:

Even in losing I still managed to clinch a playoff spot.  And one of the teams who is in a dogfight for the last two spots dropped Julio earlier in the week because he needed to be sure of a full slate of players going into this last week before the playoffs.  I didn't necessarily need him, but I'd been stashing Kenny Golladay based on his playoff matchups and waiting for him to come back from injury, so I figured, "What the hell?" and put in a waiver claim (I had a middling waiver priority) for Julio, dropping Golladay.  And it just went through!

Granted, this means I'm fighting a clear uphill battle this week where nothing more than seeding is on the line, with no QB starting (my 3 Bucs on bye, which include Brady, occupy my 3 bench slots) thanks to Josh Jacobs being ruled out and my opting to pick up Devontae Booker in the ++ matchup versus a shaky-ish Derek Carr in the same matchup, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

So presently my roster heading into the playoffs is
QB: Brady (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
WR: Chris Godwin (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
WR: Julio Jones (@LAC, vs TB, @KC)
RB: Josh Jacobs (IND, LAC, MIA - all at home)
RB: Ronald Jones (vs MIN, @ATL, @DET)
TE: TJ Hockenson (vs GB, @TEN, vs TB)
WR/TE: Robert Woods (vs NE, vs NYJ, @SEA)
WR/RB: Damien Harries (@LAR, @MIA, vs BUF)
K: Harrison Butker (@MIA, @NO, vs ATL)
D/ST: Niners (vs WAS, @DAL, @ARI)

Bench: Zeke Elliott (@CIN, vs SF, vs PHI), Chase Claypool (@BUF, @CIN, vs IND), Devontae Booker* (vs IND, vs LAC, vs MIA)
* Likely a "swap spot" to pickup/deny favorable matchups on the WW for my opponent - worst case scenario, if I make it to the semi's I can give myself a different matchup option at D/ST in the finals so that I don't have to sweat facing a (presumably by then) healthy-again Kyler.

How in the world you get that through with a middling waiver priority lol. That's insane. I want to join your league. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

How in the world you get that through with a middling waiver priority lol. That's insane. I want to join your league. 

I think it helped that all the top waiver priorities were people who had no shot at playoffs (one of which is the wife of one of the guy's who has already qualified for the playoffs), and that Julio is also still "injured" (he is, but Julio is known to not practice and still play, and even if he misses this week, I want him for the playoffs) and didn't play last week.  And to think, earlier in the week I was bitter because I brainfarted and waited too long, and someone snaked me on picking up Lazard.

Hadn't yet clinched the playoffs, but was finishing the season off against the worst two teams in the league. 

Naturally my opponent this week gets the random David Montgomery touchdown, a 72 yard td to Boyd (these are nearly 20 point plays in our league), and has Darren Waller. 

Last week I played Hill, this week Waller. Boyd seriously made one catch and got 19 points out of it. Baker has his best game of the year. David Montgomery has his best game of the year. Waller puts up 50 and has his best game of the year. 

Before this game, my opponent was 4-8. That's so frustrating. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Last week I played Hill, this week Waller. Boyd seriously made one catch and got 19 points out of it. Baker has his best game of the year. David Montgomery has his best game of the year. Waller puts up 50 and has his best game of the year. 

Before this game, my opponent was 4-8. That's so frustrating. 

Even more frustrating now that I know I was the second highest scoring team of the week....

Thankfully, I believe I may ostensibly clinch my spot by having another team lose. The guys in 5th & 6th were playing each other this week and each were 2 games behind me. The guy in 6th is up by 60 points and they have 3 and 1 to play, respectively. So that should be a win as his opponents players are Cole Beasley, Kelce and Pitt's defense. He had a bit of a rough week at the QB spot with Wentz and Herbert. Oof. While I won't "technically" clinch, I will be a game up on 5th place and I've outscored him by nearly 200 points on the year

To update, i should have dropped Booker and just started Carr (let that be a lesson - QB in ++ matchup vs. RB in ++ matchup in a non-PPR league, always go with the QB).

That said, as the dust begins to settle, I'm actually projected (only like 56% and that is assuming that Zeke hits his projected 6pts against the Ravens - which I'm not confident in, but it is only 1 TD worth of points) to still win my matchup this week... without starting a QB - thanks to the Chargers getting blanked yesterday and Harrison Butker's leg.

I looked at whether benching my guys and taking the L intentionally would give me a better 1st round playoff matchup, but by all accounts with each he and I at 6-5-1 going into this week and in the 4 and 5 slots right now, and 8 teams making the playoffs (no bye; we payout the #1 seed rather than give a bye week), he and I are playing each other again next week regardless, based on how all the other results have gone.  Which is fine by me because his power-players have tougher matchups (PIT D/ST vs BUF, Kyler @NYG), so I really just have to avoid huge weeks for him from Lockett (against the Jets, but Lockett's fallen by the wayside to DK in terms of Russ' preferential guy), Ekeler (vs. ATL, which is a concern), and James Robinson (vs. TEN, but Derrick Henry should EAT for the Titans, which will at least limit JR's opportunities on time of possession alone).  I'll also have Brady and my 2 other Bucs against MIN, Julio against the Chargers, and the Niners D/ST vs the WFT.

Was going for a threepeat this year in my money league and safe to say I didn't even come close to it. Combination of bad management and bad injury luck pretty much killed my team this year - though I have rallied from 2-8 to 5-8 though with an outside shot at avoiding our league's Toilet Bowl game this week if I can win this week and get some help:

QB: Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert

RB: Nick Chubb, James Robinson, Miles Sanders, Raheem Mostert, Tony Pollard

WR: Diontae Johnson, Robert Woods, Antonio Brown, DJ Moore

TE: Hunter Henry

K: Younghoe Koo

D/ST: Rams

Chubb, Mostert, and Sanders all missing big chunks of the season + the Eagles implosion have hurt me badly. As did Diontae Johnson's injury-laden 1st half of the season where he missed time and also tanked 2 startable weeks by getting knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter. 

Worst moves of the season: Drafting Sanders, Lamar, and DJ Moore. Overlooking the Justin Jefferson breakout was the worst move I didn't make. 

Best moves of the season: Easily grabbing James Robinson with a 10 dollar FAAB bid after Week 1. Probably one of like 4 fantasy owners out there who got Robinson and still didn't make the playoffs though so maybe shouldn't be too proud of that lol. Was also right on the Diontae Johnson breakout. And even with the injury, feel good about betting big on Chubb when the conventional wisdom going into the season was that Hunt was going to tank his value. 

Lessons for next year: Zero WR is a viable draft strat but shouldn't' get too enamored with it when there's value to grab at WR. Don't let homerism impact your draft even if it's a player like Lamar who has previously won you a league. Put more stock in established QB/WR connections (ie: don't let yourself be the guy watching his DJ Moore get Teddy Bridgewater'd).

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

So I have to share this just because I view it as both unfortunate and kind of funny. In my big money league, I was straddled with Carson Wentz for most of the year. Its a 2 QB league and he was my QB 2/3 to start, but then I lost Dak and there was nothing on the wire so I just got stuck with Wentz. I complained about this pretty much all year to a friend of mine in the league. My team was performing well; I'm the highest scoring team in the league overall, and have spent all year in first or second place, so it wasn't anything that was sinking me. The second leading scoring team in the league (well, he actually just passed me for first) has a monster of a team (though he lost a big piece of it with the Fuller suspension), but ran into rough weeks and was in a dog fight with two other teams for the final playoff spot. 

So before last week, I had finally had it. Enough was enough. I dropped for Wentz for Mike Glennon. Nope, that's not a misprint lol. I just couldn't deal with the frustration of Wentz. My friend's dad picked up Wentz and did so by dropping stafford. Wentz gets benched mid game, Stafford scores 26, Wentz scores 4, my friend's dad loses by 12 and he's pretty much out of the running for the playoffs now. Just brutal. Carson Wentz legitimately blew up his season there lol. 

FInished 10-3, 2nd in the league. Ended up 4th in points overall, and got really lucky with the lowest points against in the league. Guess I cant complain about fantasy football for at least 12 months.

My team going into my 1st Round Bye

QB: Ryan Tannehill

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Allen Robinson 

RB1: James RB1stan

RB2: Raheem Mostert

TE: Dallas Goedert

FLEX1: Stefon Diggs

FLEX2: Dionte Johnson

DEF: Miami // 49ers

K: Carlson

D : Buddha Baker

BENCH: Deebo Samuel, Damien Harris, Gio Bernard Tua Tagovialoa, Jalen Hurts, Joe Mix [IR]

Its a dynasty league with 4 keepers; hence the Tua/Hurts stash.

Started out on fire (with Dak at QB) then things immediate went south with injuries to Dak, Julio, Mostert, Johnson, and Mixon. Having to pull out mid season games by the skin of my teeth. There is one SUPER STACKED team [Herbert - K. Allen - AJ Brown - Kelce - Chubb - Kamara - Gibson] so I dont have that much confidence in being able to pull out  'ship this year.