Week 5 GDT: Texans vs Jags

lumberjackchris

Yta6jtDbmcV3rQl5pyOzzhD8RMUComZedbMRfi7y

DING DONG, O'BRIEN'S FINALLY GONE!!!!

We've been pleading for this for the last couple of seasons as O'Brien kept gaining more and more power. We all knew it would blow up in his face, we just didn't know when. Well that when was Monday October 5, 2020. 

(Who says 2020 is all bad)

There is a sense of relief now that the  dictator is gone, and we all think this team can thrive in the post O'Brien era, and that officially begins Sunday vs Jacksonville!

RAC leads this 0-4 team into battle with an unleashed Deshaun Watson and the Texans offense with Tim Kelley basically interviewing for his next coaching job over the next 13 weeks. 

(I fully expect him to open it up and let Deshaun shine.)

The defenses who along with the rest of the team had lost the respect for the previous HC, will have renewed energy too. (See JJ's picture of the roof open and the bright sun shining down on NRG)

Jacksonville Offense

They will move the ball with the Stache at QB, and plenty of weapons on the outside lead by DJ Chark who will be shadowed by Bradley Roby all afternoon. Rookie RB Robinson has been a revelation for the ground game, giving DC Anthony Weaver and company a tall task this week.

Jacksonville Defense

trash GIF

Sit back boys, grab a couple cold ones, and enjoy this joyous Sunday! 

Prediction: Texans 38 - Jacksonville 27

• Like 1

I don’t have much faith in the coordinators that BOB put in place and we all know RAC isn’t head coaching material, but I’m hopeful that we turn on the jets and get a W. I don’t care how we get one, we just need one. We’ve got 2 undefeated division leaders the next two weeks. 

isn’t it amazing that 5 of our first 7 games are against teams currently a combined 17-1?

This is going to be a bloodletting.

stewie GIF

Pure adrenaline will take us to a 38-3 W. Watson will go for 280 and 3 scores along with 65 rushing and another score (good for AFC Offensive Player of the Week) and I see a pick or fumble six in this one from the D. Defense is going to suffocate Minshew, he's going to turn the ball over several times. Chark and Robinson will get yards, but no scores.

(Also - Watson will score on a 5 yard run on the opening drive. Yeah).

The media will immediately point to the Bill O'Brien firing as the reason things turned around - and they'd be right. Meanwhile... Bill O'Brien will be sitting on his couch, watching the game, drinking a beer and thinking "Well, I could have done that if I had another three years to get it going..."

I haven't felt this excited about this team in several years. Feels good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is going to be a bloodletting.

stewie GIF

Pure adrenaline will take us to a 38-3 W. Watson will go for 280 and 3 scores along with 65 rushing and another score (good for AFC Offensive Player of the Week) and I see a pick or fumble six in this one from the D. Defense is going to suffocate Minshew, he's going to turn the ball over several times. Chark and Robinson will get yards, but no scores.

(Also - Watson will score on a 5 yard run on the opening drive. Yeah).

The media will immediately point to the Bill O'Brien firing as the reason things turned around - and they'd be right. Meanwhile... Bill O'Brien will be sitting on his couch, watching the game, drinking a beer and thinking "Well, I could have done that if I had another three years to get it going..."

I haven't felt this excited about this team in several years. Feels good.

don't get too excited, there is ZERO chance that our defense only gives up 3 points....heck we couldnt hold Vanderbilt University to 3 points. 

So Watson has been sacked an average of 4 times a game, which puts him on pace for 64 sacks. That has to change. We have to get that number to like 40 this season. 

this sack numbers are a little inflated because at least once a game he decides to run with it and gets tackled right at the line for technically a sack  but still there are 2 or 3 plays a game where he makes a miraculous escape from a sack. It seems like most of the sacks come off the blitz when guys just don’t know what they are doing. That seems like the system to me.