To clear the record, I was wrong about Curl, he can play FS

turtle28

2020 Guide: What Ourlads' Scouting Services said about KAMREN CURL: Arkansas, 6013 206 4.60. Junior entry, two-year starter, San Diego, CA. Played corner as a freshman before becoming a full time starter at safety. Has the size and length for the position.

Plays both outside the box as a flat player and a deep safety mostly one high. Easy controlled backpedal with quick transition out of his pedal to work downhill. Tracks well with angles to get him to the alley and maintain leverage on the ball carrier. Has enough straight line speed to make plays near the line. Solid fundamental tackling skill. From the deep zones processes route combination and balances multiple routes.

Can get over the  top to prevent the big play. Reacts on the throw and is in position to get to the ball or make tackles after the catch. Solid flat defender getting under intermediate routes and playing up to the short one. Can match slots and tight ends on vertical routes. Sticks to responsibility for the most part but does not make a lot of plays. Tends to be a little cautious and play with a big cushion in the deep hole.

2019 stats: 76 T, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 PBU, 2 FF, 1 FR (1 TD). OSR:10/24. Seventh round/PFA. (A-32 5/8, H-8 1/2, VJ-34.5, SS-DNP).

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/40457/

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He was a FS. He’s got cover skills. He’s done well in a nickel role so far I think his time on the field will continue to grow

Cool, I thought he was a SS at Arkansas. I didn’t realize he played FS though. 

• Like 1

Im sorry, but I still can’t believe DelRio/Rivera kept Apke over Sean Davis, that’s a huge black mark on their evaluation skills. Beat reporters warned us how bad he looked in camp but back then I trusted the coaches bc they were established so, I thought if Apke won the starting job and Curl was kept that it meant they earned it. Well, it seems more to me that Apke was given the job and he didn’t earn it like the beat reporters said.

If they loved Curl that much they could’ve cut Apke or cut somewhere else like Danny Johnson and put him on the PS so Curl could make it bc Curl seems like Kyshoen Jarrett - he can play slot corner, FS, SS and Dime LB.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Im sorry, but I still can’t believe DelRio/Rivera kept Apke over Sean Davis, that’s a huge black mark on their evaluation skills. Beat reporters warned us how bad he looked in camp but back then I trusted the coaches bc they were established so, I thought if Apke won the starting job and Curk was kept that it meant they earned it, it seems more to me that Apke was given the job and he didn’t earn it like the beat reporters said.

If they loved Curl that much they could’ve cut Apke or cut somewhere else like Danny Johnson and put him on the PS so Curl could make it bc Curl seems like Kyshoen Jarrett - he can play slot corner, FS, SS and Dime LB.

He looks exactly like Jarrett. He just isn’t getting that kind of snap share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Im sorry, but I still can’t believe DelRio/Rivera kept Apke over Sean Davis, that’s a huge black mark on their evaluation skills. Beat reporters warned us how bad he looked in camp but back then I trusted the coaches bc they were established so, I thought if Apke won the starting job and Curl was kept that it meant they earned it. Well, it seems more to me that Apke was given the job and he didn’t earn it like the beat reporters said.

I loved the potential of Sean Davis too but I think he probably didn't look the same after his season ending injury last year. I like this about Rivera in that he admits/looks at his mistakes early.

Edited by taylor made

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I loved the potential of Sean Davis too but I think he probably didn't look the same after his season ending injury last year. I like this about Rivera in that he admits/looks at his mistakes early.

I think they liked Apke’s athleticism more and his speed so, they kept Apke. Apke’s potential is high. So, I guess in that way you’d want to develop the more athletic player but, if that athlete is just an athlete and not even an a average football player w/ even average recognition as a safety that’s a problem and, here we are.

They can switch the QB to a guy who knows the offense great and who’s more accurate but doesn’t have the upside of the former starter but that isn’t going to change the fact that the defensive mistakes keep happening - particularly at safety - and it’s the biggest reason we are giving up 28 ppg.

Edited by turtle28

Turtle I’m just gonna give you humble props for admitting a mistake but man he did come out as a SS I think we all have misses and wrong opinions I just thought it was cool you made a topic for such a small slip 😂😂😂. But yeah man he can play the spot as I think he could get a shot soon. 

But we’re all wrong bud due to scheme or even players mental makeups. Sometimes guys click in a system and staff and others don’t it’s more then right and wrong. You are a very smart football guy so I think we will keep you here for your Curl isn’t a FS position 😎😎😎

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Turtle I’m just gonna give you humble props for admitting a mistake but man he did come out as a SS I think we all have misses and wrong opinions I just thought it was cool you made a topic for such a small slip 😂😂😂. But yeah man he can play the spot as I think he could get a shot soon. 

But we’re all wrong bud due to scheme or even players mental makeups. Sometimes guys click in a system and staff and others don’t it’s more then right and wrong. You are a very smart football guy so I think we will keep you here for your Curl isn’t a FS position 😎😎😎

Zach Galifianakis Thank You GIF

• Like 1