Week 5: Jaguars (1-3) vs Texans (0-4)

.Buzz

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Now your disrespecting the opponent.

1) the pass rush for the Texans has been very goidm 

2) u don't expect an nfl kicker to miss sub 50 kicks. 

3) there was a few meh playcalls like the robinson wildcat. 

4) we forced turnovers this game and we scored 0 yes 0 points off them.

we've been dominated by 3 terrible teams in a row.......

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Lol

Make all the excuses you want. This was a very winnable game and we just lost 30-14 against a team that has been bad this year and continued to look bad today. Im not going to defend any of that **** I just watched for 3 hours.

Ur a glass is half empty kinda guy i see. 

Ur also playing a team that had a mental edge with the coaching change. 

What i saw offensively was an ol constantly giving up pressure leading to alot of checkdown. 

9 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

we've been dominated by 3 terrible teams in a row.......

The dolphins 1 ill give ya. We didn't even get off the bus.

Bengals im putting that on gruden for purely after the called back big win.

Texans i wouldnt say we were dominated.   I think u can chalk this game on the kicker(a missed sub 30 and 49 yarder), and some unimpressive pass pro along with playcalling. The 2 misses lead to us going for it and some of the play choices were awful(specifically the robinson wildcat)

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ur a glass is half empty kinda guy i see. 

Ur also playing a team that had a mental edge with the coaching change. 

What i saw offensively was an ol constantly giving up pressure leading to alot of checkdown. 

No, I'm a guy who continues to watch us look like a laughing stock organization that continually adds in bad things to the record book like above.

The Texans looked like garbage most of the year, including today we got beat by double digits. We lost to a rookie QB who has one of the worst OLs in football and a meh defense. We also lost to Fitzpatrick who continues to have our number (which in itself is ridiculous).

What I saw was Minshew having happy feet and leaving the pocket/dumping it off when he didn't need to. You act like an OL is never going to allow pressure. You do realize they are going to get beat in a 60 minute game at times, right? Like all OLs?

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

New HC, new GM, new QB.

Spend money on defense in FA, continue adding to the offense via Draft.

There is no way Marrone and Caldwell survive a 2-14 season right?

I still don't know on Caldwell as crazy as it is. I still feel like willing to assemble a team like he did makes me think he got a promise. But Marrone definitely gets ousted imo. Vegas has him as one of the most likely coaches to get canned.

I really am excited to see Sidney work. Hope we leave Tre in the slot and have Jones and Henderson on the outside and see what happens. He looked legit today.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I still don't know on Caldwell as crazy as it is. I still feel like willing to assemble a team like he did makes me think he got a promise but...

I really am excited to see Sidney work. Hope we leave Tre in the slot and have Jones and Henderson on the outside and see what happens. He looked legit today.

If Caldwell is back, he will stick with Minshew......

But yes, Herndon needs to stay in the slot. Sidney looked really good today. If we can address the safeties and 3T in the off-season, maybe the defense could be ok?

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

But yes, Herndon needs to stay in the slot. Sidney looked really good today. If we can address the safeties and 3T in the off-season, maybe the defense could be ok?

I think DL is the big issue to go along with scheme. Jarrod Wilson is a weird player. Feel like he's just an ok safety but when he's been back there it seems like our entire defense plays better. Definitely think he can be upgraded, but he doesn't seem like a problem.

I honestly think a lot of our issues on D go to Wash and the scheme personally. Obviously I'm here for throwing most of our draft at it but I think getting a competent defensive mind could go a long way.

Having Wingard at FS I think was pretty detrimental. 

CB room being full of rookies largely through 5 weeks has just been full of ups and downs. It really depends on how Sidney looks the rest of the season. If he doesn't step up I think the CB need is glaring opposite Henderson. We need better depth there regardless.

Allen, despite not doing much sack wise, has been getting solid pressure. Chaisson was considering raw and definitely has been. We have no one inside to get interior rush. Hamilton has done it a bit but they've stuck him at 1T making it kind of hard to do that. 

Just feel like we had way too many young guys with question marks that we're leaning on and those question marks haven't taken the step up. Smoot has been solid but not spectacular. Bryan has been ok in the run game but given no pass rush. Hayden has fallen off a cliff at corner so it's prob good that we can see Tre there where he fits best.

I mean if we’ve reached the point that someone is calling buzz a glass half empty guy, when literally for four seasons now people have gotten into heated arguments with him and taken time away from this sub because he’s too optimistic about everything....

Maybe its time to re-evaluate if you think he’s too negative. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Having Wingard at FS I think was pretty detrimental. 

CB room being full of rookies largely through 5 weeks has just been full of ups and downs. It really depends on how Sidney looks the rest of the season. If he doesn't step up I think the CB need is glaring opposite Henderson. We need better depth their regardless.

Allen, despite not doing much sack wise, has been getting solid pressure. Chaisson was considering raw and definitely has been. We have no one inside to get interior rush. Hamilton has done it a bit but they've stuck him at 1T making it kind of hard to do that. 

Just feel like we had way too many young guys with question marks that we're leaning on and those question marks haven't taken the step up. Smoot has been solid but not spectacular. Bryan has been ok in the run game but given no pass rush. Hayden has fallen off a cliff at corner so it's prob good that we can see Tre there where he fits best.

Pretty sure ive seen Hamilton at 3 a bit more today

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Might just be me but i think we would do work as a 3-4. 

Bryan-jones-hamilton

Chaisson-jack-schobert-allen

It puts chaisson in a good spot and allen was a 3-4 lb in Kentucky so.

Only thing wed need to revamp is the dl and some edge depth