Scalamania Mock v1 (Two Rounds)

Scalamania

I'd give it a D for the Raiders. Barmore in the first makes more sense than Basham because we desperately need an interior pass rusher. Zach Wilson is also a major reach in the 2nd round and Carr has played really well this year. Andre Cisco or Josh Meyers would be a better pick. 

Man I love Bateman,  and honestly wouldn’t rule our Veach taking him.   That said,  if it we don’t go D early it needs to be OL.  

Love Carman in the 2nd Round,  I wouldn’t be opposed to Trey Smith or another OL in the first still.   It’s about time we heavily invest up front.  

Josh Myers/Trey Smith,   Along with Carman and the return of Niang would make Mahomes a happy man. 

Without a 1st or 3rd, if Seattle took an RB with their only Day 1/2 pick, fans would riot. 

Even if Carson leaves via FA, Seattle would still have Penny- Deejay Dallas (2020 4th Round) and Travis Homer in house. Id imagine they would replace Carson on the roster with a 1 year flier on a vet (ala Hyde this year). Penny when healthy has been a legit RB, averaging 5.1 yards per carry. And was probably on his way to unseating Carson as lead back before his injury last year.

Now, if Penny's isn't able to return from injury, AND Carson leaves, there could be more of an argument for spending that capital on the position. 

On 10/9/2020 at 6:38 PM, INbengalfan said:

Leatherwood is a great choice.  I can see a LB again in the second (we just drafted three in 2020 and another in 2019), but if we don't get a starting guard in FA, we need one there.  Also would look at DEs and DTs as Atkins and Dunlap are in the twilight of their careers.

Maybe CB too, especially if they don't re-sign Alexander.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Not sure I understand how Dallas would have the 5th overall pick in the 1st round and then the 12th pick in the 2nd. I understand that you didn’t make the order. It’s just seems strange.

A whole bunch of teams sitting at 1-3.  Team at the top of one round drop to the end of the list the next round

Why do people keep insisting on drafting WRs and MLBs early for us lol? How many years do they have to not draft them early to say "hey, we value other positions?" Packers are not taking a WR nor are they taking a inside backer early.

Our needs are at tackle, DL and CB.

Edited by beekay414