Tyron Smith out for the year

WizardHawk

Honestly, does this come as a surprise to anyone? I like T Smith. Always have. But his injury issues have become more consistent over the years. Here's a guy who continued to show up each year to collect knowing full well he could not deliver.

Jerry Jones encourages this point of view. T. Smith is damaged goods. He knows he cannot handle the demands of the position he is responsible for, but he commands the money. 

The reality is JJ s aligence to such players is the very reason this team is 1 and 3 now. 

Let T Smith go. Let him go gracefully. This season is shot. Ride the pine, pay him, cut your losses.

37 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Honestly, does this come as a surprise to anyone? I like T Smith. Always have. But his injury issues have become more consistent over the years. Here's a guy who continued to show up each year to collect knowing full well he could not deliver.

Jerry Jones encourages this point of view. T. Smith is damaged goods. He knows he cannot handle the demands of the position he is responsible for, but he commands the money. 

The reality is JJ s aligence to such players is the very reason this team is 1 and 3 now. 

Let T Smith go. Let him go gracefully. This season is shot. Ride the pine, pay him, cut your losses.

I am a bit surprised, yes. He does usually miss 1-4 games a year, but has always toughed out the playoffs if we made it. 80% of T.Smith is better than 80% of the OTs in the league. He is the 16th highest paid OT this year. I thought Tyron and La’el would be stalwarts as our bookends for the next 3-5 years but I have an eerie feeling Tyron retires

10 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Why is it always Jerry's fault when we have an underperforming or injured player,  but Stephen and McClay get the credit for drafting players.  I mean we even blame Trysten Hill on Marinelli.  Did he threaten Will and Stephen? Will and Stephen run this team. Jerry has been a figurehead for some time.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Why is it always Jerry's fault when we have an underperforming or injured player,  but Stephen and McClay get the credit for drafting players.  I mean we even blame Trysten Hill on Marinelli.  Did he threaten Will and Stephen? Will and Stephen run this team. Jerry has been a figurehead for some time.

The funny thing about hill is:

last year: FIRE ROD TRYSTEN SUCKS

this year: Trysten is our best DT! 

Sooo - which is it? Was Rod and idiot or not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for your other point, people blaming Jerry just hate Jerry. There is little logic behind it. 

Edited by Matts4313

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The funny thing about hill is:

last year: FIRE ROD TRYSTEN SUCKS

this year: Trysten is our best DT! 

Sooo - which is it? Was Rod and idiot or not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for your other point, people blaming Jerry just hate Jerry. There is little logic behind it. 

Okay I will tell you why. Because Jerry does not think ahead wisely. He gives huge, long term contracts to players that were once the best at their positions but have also had injury issues every year since.

Now we are locked into paying players at key positions that cannot stay on the field. And to boot, their back ups are not very good.

And we cannot afford good back ups because we have committed so much money to guys who cannot stay healthy.

THATS all Jerry Jones

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Okay I will tell you why. Because Jerry does not think ahead wisely. He gives huge, long term contracts to players that were once the best at their positions but have also had injury issues every year since.

Jerry hasnt done contracts in 10 years.

Now we are locked into paying players at key positions that cannot stay on the field. And to boot, their back ups are not very good.

You expect Stephen to predict future injuries???

And we cannot afford good back ups because we have committed so much money to guys who cannot stay healthy.

Uhhh - our cap is in great shape. 

THATS all Jerry Jones

None of that is on Jerry.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jerry hasnt done contracts in 10 years.

You expect Stephen to predict future injuries???

Uhhh - our cap is in great shape. 

None of that is on Jerry.

So, our cap is in great shape but Jerry isn't using it to get help for DL, OL, DB, LB

Why aren't we looking at:

Earl Thomas

Ronald Leary

Snacks Harrison

Clay Matthews

Mo Claiborne

Larry Watford

Clinton Fix

On a 1 year deal. These guys CANNOT be worse than the drek this team fields every Sunday.

That IS on Jerry!