Tyron Smith out for the year

WizardHawk

Just now, Rtnldave said:

So, our cap is in great shape but Jerry isn't using it to get help for DL, OL, DB, LB

Why aren't we looking at:

Earl Thomas

Ronald Leary

Snacks Harrison

Clay Matthews

Mo Claiborne

Larry Watford

Clinton Fix

On a 1 year deal. These guys CANNOT be worse than the drek this team fields every Sunday.

That IS on Jerry!

JERRY DOESNT RUN THE CAP NOR DOES HE SIGN FA's

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

JERRY DOESNT RUN THE CAP NOR DOES HE SIGN FA's

Since when????

Terrell Owens

Roy Williams WR

Pac Man Jones

Greg Hardy

To name a few.

And if he isn't involved in the cap or signing of FAs then where in the he'll did these guys come from???

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Since when????

Terrell Owens

Roy Williams WR

Pac Man Jones

Greg Hardy

To name a few.

And if he isn't involved in the cap or signing of FAs then where in the he'll did these guys come from???

For the last 10ish years. I just told you this in the last post. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

For the last 10ish years. I just told you this in the last post. 

Well then this organization is truly screwed. If the help is out there and they have the cap space and JJ has appointed Jr to handle such matters and nothing is being done. 

Then Jerry is a poor owner when it comes to designating authority.

It all starts at the top.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Uhhh - our cap is in great shape.

I wouldnt say our cap is in great shape.  We are under 24 million this year, but 1.6 million over next year without counting Dak. 

I think this year is a wash. Even if we make the playoffs we get bounced early.  We need to tank to get a high draft pick and get Smith and Collins back next year. 

6 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I wouldnt say our cap is in great shape.  We are under 24 million this year, but 1.6 million over next year without counting Dak. 

I think this year is a wash. Even if we make the playoffs we get bounced early.  We need to tank to get a high draft pick and get Smith and Collins back next year. 

No one knows what the cap will be next year. But we have almost $25m  in rollover + $22m next year:

Total Cap Liabilities: $177,628,995
  • Top 51: $169,296,949
  • Team Cap Space: $22,356,069
  • Offense: $100,527,340
  • Defense: $63,436,276
  • Special: $5,333,333

So $47m before Dak. 

Edited by Matts4313

I thought an agreement was reached that the floor would be 175 million, with losses spread out over the next three years. It will only go up if losses are not as bad as expected. I dont think there is anyway we currently have 22 million in space for next year even if the cap is something over 175 million.

32 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I thought an agreement was reached that the floor would be 175 million, with losses spread out over the next three years. It will only go up if losses are not as bad as expected. I dont think there is anyway we currently have 22 million in space for next year even if the cap is something over 175 million.

Havent heard that. I just saw that Schefter floated $175 and everyone else copied.  

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Havent heard that. I just saw that Schefter floated $175 and everyone else copied.  

At this point the cap rollover is huge

Given the injuries to Smith/Collins/LVE/Jarwin, etc the "This year is our year" is out the window. No use wasting that rollover on Band-Aid FA's that won't move the needle.

4 hours ago, Revenant said:

Smith, Lee, possibly LVE, are finished! They cannot stay healthy and I've said this a zillion times. Players don't get stronger after injuries, they get weaker. They become more susceptible to recurring injuries. STOP counting on guys that will not be there!

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The funny thing about hill is:

last year: FIRE ROD TRYSTEN SUCKS

this year: Trysten is our best DT! 

Sooo - which is it? Was Rod and idiot or not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for your other point, people blaming Jerry just hate Jerry. There is little logic behind it. 

Yeah imo it doesnt matter regarding Rod.   That's why we have Will and Stephen to be the final word.  The guy didnt play much his senior year, so I didnt expect much his first year.  People expect too much too early.  

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The funny thing about hill is:

last year: FIRE ROD TRYSTEN SUCKS

this year: Trysten is our best DT! 

Sooo - which is it? Was Rod and idiot or not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for your other point, people blaming Jerry just hate Jerry. There is little logic behind it. 

Hill was always considered a project. People are just impatient. 

7 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

At this point the cap rollover is huge

Given the injuries to Smith/Collins/LVE/Jarwin, etc the "This year is our year" is out the window. No use wasting that rollover on Band-Aid FA's that won't move the needle.

Now that's a good point. Nicely done.