Coaches on the hot, hot seat!!!!

Iamcanadian

50 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

LSU has been a growing dumpster fire over the last 2 years. Staring at a 3rd straight season of diminishing expectations. 

Auburn this year is for now appeasing calls for Gus's head. Typically been a 5-6 loss team since the 2010 National Championship.

TAMU is an 8-5 program. 

Iowa over the same span has been roughly comparable in most instances. A few bad years, a few good ones.

Nebraska was a steady 9 win team minus 2 of the more recent years. 

Where is the disparity? 

Iowa (2012-2016): 39-26

Nebraska (2012-2016): 43-23

LSU (2012-2016): 45-18

Texas A&M (2012-2016): 44-21

Auburn (2012-2016): 38-27

Ole Miss (2012-2016): 39-25

Mississippi State (2012-2016): 40-25

Where is the disparity? Those three schools played much tougher schedules. So instead of playing Nebraska and Iowa, you play three better schools (Bama, LSU, and TAMU) plus another school that is essentially the equivalent of Iowa in terms of record (Auburn). Oh and let's not forget Ole Miss either (who is also basically the equivalent of Iowa in terms of record). And how can we forget Dan Mullen and Mississippi State?

And that's without taking into account that those records are affected by how stacked the SEC West was.

30 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

A) You're* (if you're going to insult someone, might want to actually use proper grammar)

B) You simply are incapable of giving Wisconsin any type of credit and you've proven that over the years. You're just salty that your team is our whipping boy. 

C) That Arkansas isn't in our league. Arkansas is a borderline top 25 program, at best. We are firmly entrenched in the top 15-20 programs in the country due to sustained success, which is more than most schools can say. 

D) I'd wager we'd do better than Arkansas.

I'd wager that too. Bielema is a mediocre coach. Wisconsin is a better program than Arkansas. I'm just jumping in here to point out how silly it is to discount how strong the SEC West has been.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'd wager that too. Bielema is a mediocre coach. Wisconsin is a better program than Arkansas. I'm just jumping in here to point out how silly it is to discount how strong the SEC West has been.

Yeah, I'm not here to discount the SEC West at all. It's definitely difficult to win it considering the best program in the country is at the top of it. The SEC East on the other hand... ;)xD

Also, if Bielema wasn't such a mediocre coach, we probably play for a Natty in 2011.

11 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I'm not here to discount the SEC West at all. It's definitely difficult to win it considering the best program in the country is at the top of it. The SEC East on the other hand... ;)xD

Also, if Bielema wasn't such a mediocre coach, we probably play for a Natty in 2011.

The SEC East sucks, and we might have to endure multiple more years of Crapelwain because of it.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Georgia should runaway with the East every year if Kirby Smart is half the coach I think he is. 

Yep. Here's hoping he doesn't let Florida troll him like Richt would. We need Crapelwain gone stat.

8 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Georgia should runaway with the East every year if Kirby Smart is half the coach I think he is. 

I hope not, that would hurt our recruiting big time.  Florida needs to find a new coach quick.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

I hope not, that would hurt our recruiting big time.  Florida needs to find a new coach quick.

I think that would hurt your recruiting more. Smart is what he is. If he's a good coach (he's already showing himself to be a strong recruiter), he's going to get his. A strong coach at Florida would only hurt Clemson more by adding another strong recruiting presence in the Southeast. Crapelwain isn't a bad recruiter, but he's not a special recruiter either.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I think that would hurt your recruiting more. Smart is what he is. If he's a good coach (he's already showing himself to be a strong recruiter), he's going to get his. A strong coach at Florida would only hurt Clemson more by adding another strong recruiting presence in the Southeast. Crapelwain isn't a bad recruiter, but he's not a special recruiter either.

No, Clemson doesn't recruit Florida as hard as they do Georgia.  If Smart starts winning 11 or 12 games a year every year he will lock down Georgia and it will hurt Clemson bad.  Clemson needs to get kids from Atlanta, Florida being good won't prevent that.  Elite schools will always have a chance to pull from Florida as there is so much competition.  A lot of our star players have come from Georgia.  We have started recruiting a bit more nationally (have gotten some really good players from the Mid Atlantic area) which would offset the blow, but Clemson won't remain an elite program if they can't continue to take some elite kids from Georgia each year.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

A) You're* (if you're going to insult someone, might want to actually use proper grammar)

B) You simply are incapable of giving Wisconsin any type of credit and you've proven that over the years. You're just salty that your team is our whipping boy. 

C) That Arkansas isn't in our league. Arkansas is a borderline top 25 program, at best. We are firmly entrenched in the top 15-20 programs in the country due to sustained success, which is more than most schools can say. 

D) I'd wager we'd do better than Arkansas.

I don't give a damn about Wisconsin. You don't seem to get that. I don't care one way or another. That's just in your head. Anyone following this thread can see that.

And to say Arkansas isn't in your league is a stretch. They have great facilities and are in an area of prime recruiting. The only real recruiting in the B1G area is in Ohio. You can't sit here and pretend other wise. It's not like Wisconsin is a Texas with elite facilities, a crap load of money, and a hot bed.

Wisconsin has been more successful then UCLA recently too. They aren't really that much of a better program though.

And I highly doubt you'd be winning the SEC West anymore then Arkansas has.

6 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I don't give a damn about Wisconsin. You don't seem to get that. I don't care one way or another. That's just in your head. Anyone following this thread can see that.

And to say Arkansas isn't in your league is a stretch. They have great facilities and are in an area of prime recruiting. The only real recruiting in the B1G area is in Ohio. You can't sit here and pretend other wise. It's not like Wisconsin is a Texas with elite facilities, a crap load of money, and a hot bed.

Wisconsin has been more successful then UCLA recently too. They aren't really that much of a better program though.

And I highly doubt you'd be winning the SEC West anymore then Arkansas has.

You seem to confuse recruiting with success. You need to actually be able to execute on the field for recruiting to matter. I mean, Florida State is friggin' 1-3 and damn near should be 0-4. Florida is in a hot bed and they suck. You act like Madison is a garbage city with no facilities lmao. Shows what you know. Arkansas ISN'T in our league. Period. No matter how you want to slice it, hombre. They don't translate whatever benefit you think they have to the field. We do.

We're a better team, program and school than Arkansas. Flat out. And I can guarantee we would do better than Arkansas has in the SEC West. Why? Because in matchups with common opponents since Bielema left, the scores of our games is, on average, 28-23 and, while we're 2-3 in those games, we're still competitive. Arkansas in said common opponent games? Average score is 32-14 and they've won once. 

But whatever, your opinion, as is typical, is trash. 

I know that. That's where coaching comes to play. The argument was if moving from Wisconsin to Arkansas and Oregon St. was a lesser move. I agreed it was with Oregon St. place but argued that Wisconsin and Arkansas are pretty even programs overall. What Arkansas lacks in consistent success they hold the advantage in recruiting talent. You're just upset at nothing as usual. The question was about the program as a whole. And Florida St. is a horrible comparison to bring up; they've won a championship just a few years ago. You can't compare Wisconsin to that. The same can be argued for Florida as well; they've played in back to back SEC championships. There situation is the same as Wisconsin but they arguably have the best recruiting territory in the country. 

And where did I say Madison is a garbage city with garbage facilities? You literally just made that up. I didn't harp on their facilities or city at all. I just said it wasn't at the ridiculous levels of Texas or the LA schools. You just made that up in your head like everything else.

And 5 games over the course of five years is your only argument? That's not enough. 

You're talking about Non-conference games where you have months to prepare. Not going up against the likes of LSU, AUB, and Bama week in and week out.

And your comment about my opinion just proves my point; You're acting like a small child. Anytime I make the slightest bit of comment, good or bad, you fly off the handle. And it's not just me who notices this. You do this all the time in the basketball forum. You get angry over nothing and insult others. Get over yourself. If you didn't want to have an adult conversation you could just ignore it.

Are we an elite program? Absolutely not.
Are we a top tier program? Also, no.

But we're certainly damn near the top of that next tier. We are continuously successful with ridiculous academic restrictions on athletes and not being in a recruiting hot bed. Why? Because we have an established formula that works. As a Nebraska fan, who's program used to run the exact same way and had crazy success doing it, I figured you'd understand that. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Are we an elite program? Absolutely not.
Are we a top tier program? Also, no.

But we're certainly damn near the top of that next tier. We are continuously successful with ridiculous academic restrictions on athletes and not being in a recruiting hot bed. Why? Because we have an established formula that works. As a Nebraska fan, who's program used to run the exact same way and had crazy success doing it, I figured you'd understand that. 

What the hell does this have to do with Nebraska? 

And that formula is a matter of coaching. You can't seem to get that it's not necessarily all the same. If you team suddenly went to an air raid at the same time as Arkansas it wouldn't matter either way. That's all about coaching. Your team has the better coaches.

And I didn't say you're team was bad or not playing well. I just said I think going from Wisconsin to Arkansas wasn't necessarily a bad move. Especially when you factor in making more money as well.

Not every little thing is a slight to your school dude.

Archived