Steven Sims Jr put on IR

turtle28

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wish we'd see more PT from AGG already. Surprised and concerned we haven't.

If you can’t play Haskins bc he’s not ready, how are you going to play AGG? He isn’t ready. Or do you give him a chance to play and develop bc that’s what we would be doing? And that’s what I thought we were doing until Haskins was benched.

Losing Sims was a huge loss for this offense, especially Haskins. Haskins go to guy intermediate to deep was Terry and short to intermediate was Sims - especially in the slot/middle of the field - when he lost that he lost his trust in our other WRs IMO except for Terry & Inman.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

More like w/o him our passing O looked below avg, w/him last Dec our passing O looked good whether Haskins was starting or Keenum. He and Terry are our best route runners by far.

He really isnt anything special as a receiver or a return man. The inability to go north south vs east west drives me crazy about him too.

I'd take 1 Jamison Crowder over 10 of him. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

He really isnt anything special as a receiver or a return man. The inability to go north south vs east west drives me crazy about him too.

I'd take 1 Jamison Crowder over 10 of him. 

Well of course I’d take Crowder, but that doesn’t mean a healthy Sims is just a JAG. He’s a great route runner, he gets open in the middle of the field or really anywhere for his QB. He has frustrated me by not going north and south in punt returns but I don’t like last year was an outlier in that regard. He only played 2 healthy games before he hurt his toe. We’ll see if he returns and what he does when he does.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wish we'd see more PT from AGG already. Surprised and concerned we haven't.

He is a bit of a project and I think he had a concussion or something during training camp and couldn't practice for a long stretch which likely set him back.  I bet he sees more soon.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

He is a bit of a project and I think he had a concussion or something during training camp and couldn't practice for a long stretch which likely set him back.  I bet he sees more soon.

Isaiah Wright is more game ready and can play both slot and outside. I like AGG’s potential but as you said he has a way to go IMO too. Probably gets more snaps over the last 12 games.