Worst jets team I’ve ever seen

Greene N White

I’ve watched this team religiously since 2003 when I was 7 years old and while we haven’t been very good in that timespan I’m not gonna lie this is the worst I’ve ever personally seen. From the first half of that buffalo game I could tell this team is just completely unprepared. I’m rooting for an 0-16 season so we can get #1 pick and tear this whole thing apart and actually start a true rebuild.

22 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Cuz these jets teams always try to reload in free agency.

In the past, that's true. This time we only added a few people that didn't have many bidders to compete with. We can really just continue building through the draft. We're going to have +$70M in cap space and four 1st round picks the next two years. We just need our rookies to get healthy and show what they can do.  5 of our rookies haven't played a snap because of injuries. Then as I'm hyping up Cager, his hamstring goes out like he got shot. smh

I didn't go into this season with hope and I said Gase would be fired in 2 years the day we hired him. I can't say anything about this season, but I feel hopeful going into next year under a new staff and more talent added. 

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

In the past, that's true. This time we only added a few people that didn't have many bidders to compete with. We can really just continue building through the draft. We're going to have +$70M in cap space and four 1st round picks the next two years. We just need our rookies to get healthy and show what they can do.  5 of our rookies haven't played a snap because of injuries. Then as I'm hyping up Cager, his hamstring goes out like he got shot. smh

I didn't go into this season with hope and I said Gase would be fired in 2 years the day we hired him. I can't say anything about this season, but I feel hopeful going into next year under a new staff and more talent added. 

Years ago when I became a Jet fan there were no FA's it was all thru the draft. And the Jet were never were as bad as the last several years. Nobody push more to get rid of Bowles & Macc than me, but our problems now are a lot more than Gase. To fire Gase now would be a mistake who are we going to replace him with? I want the whole coaching gone at the end of the year that includes Williams, seabag the whole bunch of them. I am sure right now Joe Douglas is biting the bullet to make no only coaching changes but player personnel moves. 

Edited by doumeyer

I was just complaining to my wife the exact same thing.  I can't see us winning a game.  #1 rookie next year, but I don't want Trevor, I'm tired of picking QB's not giving them any help and ruining their careers.  I want to trade back, sign a mid level veteran for lower starter money ( J. Winston, M. Mariotta, Cam Newton) use the extra money for other skills positions.  If we can get a haul like has been gotten in the recent past (2-3 first round picks plus other second or third round picks), I would love it.  Dream for me would be get #1 trade back with Jacksonville (projected #4) plus the first round pick they got from LAR, and maybe a 2nd.  Then we would have 3 first round picks and use #4 for Gregory Rousseau, the other (2) first round picks for a WR and CB.

20 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I’ve watched this team religiously since 2003 when I was 7 years old

Ahh, that explains it. The 1995 and '96 Jets teams were apocalyptically bad. Possibly worse than this squad if that makes you feel any better.

(Wouldn't you know it, they had loaded up in free agency in the early 90s (Boomer Esiason, Ronnie Lott), but missed the playoffs and got impatient, firing Bruce Coslet and then Pete Carroll. Then they were a black hole of awfulness 'til Bill Parcells led them back to glory.)

11 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Years ago when I became a Jet fan there were no FA's it was all thru the draft. And the Jet were never were as bad as the last several years. Nobody push more to get rid of Bowles & Macc than me, but our problems now are a lot more than Gase. To fire Gase now would be a mistake who are we going to replace him with? I want the whole coaching gone at the end of the year that includes Williams, seabag the whole bunch of them. I am sure right now Joe Douglas is biting the bullet to make no only coaching changes but player personnel moves. 

It actually wouldn't be a mistake. Others teams have fired there coaching staff during the season and gave guys a shot to prove they're better HC's than coordinators or just to give a new voice to the players that seem to have given up until the offseason. I mentioned before that the longer we lose under Gase, the more of a bashing it's going to be. Let him go now, then the talks become who is next and how the players are performing after the changes. There are many ways this could be viewed as and one of them is us waving the white flag by not making an effort to even save the season. We need to move forward. 

For Joe Douglas, I can't lie, I liked what he did this offseason but I never thought about this many injuries happening to our rookie class. Joe was building the foundation of this roster from this rookie class. I made it clear day 1 I didn't like letting Robby go and I never say Perriman as a replacement. He also just released a RB he tried to trade a pick for. I'm not a fan of the vet moves he made this season outside of adding Quincy Wilson and the picks he got for Adams. He's not on the hot seat, but I am questioning some of the moves he made outside of the draft. 

Injuries have decimated the Jets. But I think the mistake that management made is that what they got at the end of last year from the team was an honest indicator of the talent

the Jets had on the team.

First, lets start with our DL, Anderson has disappeared, Shepard has disappeared, Fotukasi has not lived up to the hype of last year, our D line has been 

Swiss cheese. This was the unit which was touted as being its strongest unit. The defense has put the offense behind and in catchup mode the entire year.

Now, mix that in with an offense which had 3 of its potential starters on the sidelines in Perriman, Crowder, and Mims, not to mention Bell at RB, and having

to depend on Gore and having Peline shelved with an injury. 

Well it doesn't set up much of an opportunity for the Offense to put points on the board.

The offensive line outside of Fant and Bekton has not jelled and Darnold has been sacked 3 times a game at an average.

We knew coming in that our CB's was a weak sister and it has not disappointed us, it is terrible.

The tight ends? I know we have some, but they are terrible or they are being underutilized.

Blame all you want on Gase, and with good reason, but Gase and Darnold have not been given the horses to succeed.

Is it a terrible team, YES, does it lack talent to win, No. 

Lastly many of the guy's drafted this year were injured, OL, Safety, DE, WR,RB, this has been a terrible year for injuries, ask the 49ers.

Bill Parcells when he became the HC of the Jets sent 50% of the team packing, he did the same thing in Dallas. 

The Jets have come to the point where they are saying to the current team, you don't play right, and you will be replaced.

Yes its one of the worse teams, but it is much deeper than just saying they are bad.

I agree. I started watching during the Parcell’s era. So I missed the mid 90’s Jets.

This year’s Jets squad is the worse team I’ve seen.

But there’s nothing really to dismantle. In terms on contracts, I see us getting rid of Bell and Henry Anderson. Aside from those guys, the only big contract we have is Mosley. And we don’t even know what we have in him. He’s hardly played for us. Douglas did a reasonable job rebuilding the OL. But he has a lot more work to do. What we’re seeing is the result of negligent drafting over the last decade.

Yup, since I've been a fan in 2002 when Chad Pennington had his magical season. This team is pathetic and a waste of time to watch. We have the worst HC in football who is easy to hate.

We are actively watching a young talented QB get ruined.

We have the worst set of skill players.

No pass rush

No secondary

And they are soft and injured all the time.

This team is truly a wreck and I can see them going 0-16 to 1-15. I don't see them winning anymore than that. They are embarrassed every week, this offense is terrible and the defense can't stop a nose bleed. This is truly bad football. 

Look at our schedule and tell me where the wins are? We might sneak out 1.