BrownLeader 2021 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So what would you say is the "crown jewel" position in this class? It looks like the OT class is stacked, but that is coming from my extremely untrained eye. 

OT yup. But I think there's a lot of good TE's too. Pitts as the first skill position player off the board wouldn't be shocking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

updated for RB Khalil Herbert, TE James Mitchell, OL's Christian Darrisaw, Tyler Vrabel, Deonte Brown, and DE Jaelen Phillips

Forgot to bring him up, Jaelen Phillips is a good addition and I would be very surprised if he did not come out for the draft considering his major injury history.  This year he looks legit though, has such powerful large hands, uses them well, gets off blocks and has played very aggressive this season for Miami.  If he can continue to improve could be a nice prospect for 2021.  He looks way better than he ever did on UCLA, Roche for them as played very well as well, not as powerful but is super quick and active on the edge.  

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

How would you compare Pitts and the "F" named kid from Penn St.

Pitts to Freiermuth?  Pitts is superior in every way as an overall prospect.  Honestly Pitts is so athletic he could play WR in a system like New Orleans no doubt about it.  Kid is a super athlete, much improved blocker and has outstanding hands.  Freiermuth is more of a big guy, not as athletically gifted but come on, Pitts is a rare dude.  Will be curious how Freiermuth looks but didn't he decide to sit out, I know Parsons did for sure not sure they have changed and came back on that or not.

Still that is nuts, oh I just missed a month or more of classes and practice, now the conference is not having a spring season and will be in the fall/winter.  So they can totally re enroll and take classes again for a few months then leave for draft prep again?  Yeah that system is absolutely broken.  They should just let players come and go and if they do not get drafted, they should be allowed go back into college if they are letting all this in and out of school thing happen.  Especially since there is no great minor football league that the UDFA players can go into and work on their game more.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

@MOSteelers56

Freierrmuth is more or less your typical solid 1st round TE prospect. Pitts is that rare TE prospect that'll probably go in the Vernon Davis, Kellen Winslow territory.

Oh wow. I didn't realize that Pitts was that good. Is he as good of a blocker as Davis was? Does Freiermuth compare favorably to Hockenson? 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

Oh wow. I didn't realize that Pitts was that good. Is he as good of a blocker as Davis was? Does Freiermuth compare favorably to Hockenson? 

Pitts is a battler as a blocker. Receiving is his strength but he likes to block. I don't remember Davis being a good blocker at all.

Don't think Freiermuth is as explosive an athlete as Hockenson but I think he's got better receiving skills. His better experience helps a lot.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:46 PM, ronjon1990 said:

No Brady White?

He seems really underrated all over the draft community. I really like him as a mid round selection who should be a pretty good backup at least and has the potential to become a good starter in this league.

updated for CB's Rodarius Williams, Jason Pinnock, LB's Tony Fields, Josh Semedo-Chandler, DT Darius Stills, OL Josh Myers, Drake Jackson, Ben Cleveland, Carter Warren, Dylan Wonnum, RB Leddie Brown, Jevonte Williams and QB Brady White

Edited by BrownLeader

On 10/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, BrownLeader said:

Talent wise feels a lot like Derrick Nnadi to me.

Wilson is way more dominating. It's no surprise watching him that he was considered one of the top players in his recruiting class. And Nnadi is also more like a fireplug wheraes Wilson has height/length.

I am really high on Oweh, but he hasn't been on the field as a starter yet. He had 5 sacks last year off the bench and is a physical freak, but we need to see him handling the role full time. I wouldn't be surprised if he reached that height, but it's too early to put him there.

I think you're really sleeping on Journey Brown, though after getting Myocarditis he might return to school for another season. He's super talented though. Would have a 2nd round grade from me.