BrownLeader 2021 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 10/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, Danger said:

I think you're really sleeping on Journey Brown, though after getting Myocarditis he might return to school for another season. He's super talented though. Would have a 2nd round grade from me.

Your probably right. For some reason I thought he was smaller than Miles Sanders. Just checked and he's actually listed as bigger.

2 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Your probably right. For some reason I thought he was smaller than Miles Sanders. Just checked and he's actually listed as bigger.

Bigger, Faster, better vision, burst, top end speed, and jumping. Not the receiver Sanders is, and I think somewhat less elusive. I had a 3rd-4th round grade on Sanders, but he's panned out well for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Bigger, Faster, better vision, burst, top end speed, and jumping. Not the receiver Sanders is, and I think somewhat less elusive. I had a 3rd-4th round grade on Sanders, but he's panned out well for us.

I really like J. Brown. I'd have him as #3 RB in this draft (after Etienne and N. Harris). 
Althought he could improve on his receiving and be a 1st round pick potentially next year

Edited by MagicMT

• 2 weeks later...

Some risers for me

• QB Michael Penix Jr
  • QB Carson Strong
  • RB Demetric Felton
  • WR Romeo Doubs
  • DE Jaelan Phillips
  • DE Tyrell Richards
  • LB Pete Werner

Penis joke guy has a cannon with a ridiculously fast delivery. Accuracy is improving imo and he's always had some mobility. A big game vs OSU this week and his stock will skyrocket. Carson Strong has few weaknesses besides strength of competition. Eye opening debut for RB Felton imo. WR Doubs is doing a pretty good Marshall Randy Moss impersonation so far. DE Phillips is putting on a clinic vs both run and pass and he's still raw.

fallers

• RB Chris Brown Jr
  • OT Zion Johnson
  • DT Darius Stills
  • CB Shaun Wade
  • S Paris Ford

Brown, Johnson and Stills were probably just too high from the start for me. CB Wade hasn't quite made that adjustment to the outside yet. S Ford's durability at that size, with that play style worries me.

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, byrdbrane said:

They also need a G and DT and a young DE

Eagles have alot of holes

When healthy our guards are one of the top duos in the league, although Brooks is older and hurt a good amount. DT? That's set with Cox and Hargrave for a couple years at least along with Ridgeway as the 3rd DT. We'll see what happens with Malik Jackson too. DE I agree on, but Barnett and Sweat are both young and show promise in their own ways. And yea, we do have a lot of holes, chief of which are our QB, GM and HC.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:24 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

When healthy our guards are one of the top duos in the league, although Brooks is older and hurt a good amount. DT? That's set with Cox and Hargrave for a couple years at least along with Ridgeway as the 3rd DT. We'll see what happens with Malik Jackson too. DE I agree on, but Barnett and Sweat are both young and show promise in their own ways. And yea, we do have a lot of holes, chief of which are our QB, GM and HC.

thats why we need a guard, Brooks is 31 and he has had season ending injuries 3 years in a row- you cant depend on him

Seaumalo is an average Guard- he is good in the run game but horrible in pass protection- he gets pushed back all game long

Cox in slowing down- if there is a deal to be made- I would trade him

Hargrave has been a bum....I would rather offload his contract but I doubt they can

Ridgeway is a 4th DT who is also hurt every single year- time to move on...we need a young DT who is cheap

Malik is getting cut- he has been meh and he makes alot of bread- the eagles need cap relief

I am a fan of Sweat but he needs to get better stopping the run- I am not fan of Barrnett- he has been an ok DE- but he has not lived up to being the 14th pick..I would release him and try to resign at a lower salary

On 11/17/2020 at 12:27 PM, BrownLeader said:

Some risers for me

• QB Michael Penix Jr
  • QB Carson Strong
  • RB Demetric Felton
  • DE Jaelan Phillips
  • DE Tyrell Richards
  • LB Pete Werner

Penis joke guy has a cannon with a ridiculously fast delivery. Accuracy is improving imo and he's always had some mobility. A big game vs OSU this week and his stock will skyrocket. Carson Strong has few weaknesses besides strength of competition. Eye opening debut for RB Felton imo. WR Doubs is doing a pretty good Marshall Randy Moss impersonation so far. DE Phillips is putting on a clinic vs both run and pass and he's still raw.

fallers

• RB Chris Brown Jr
  • OT Zion Johnson
  • DT Darius Stills
  • CB Shaun Wade
  • S Paris Ford

Brown, Johnson and Stills were probably just too high from the start for me. CB Wade hasn't quite made that adjustment to the outside yet. S Ford's durability at that size, with that play style worries me.

I agree with you on Phillips for sure and Werner who looked great the last time he played.  Penix Jr is out for the season so that stinks, and he should not factor into this draft anyway, he should return for another season I think.  I have not see much of Romeo Doubs but saying his name and Moss in the same sentence is an insult to Randy Moss honestly.  

Wade did look a lot better in that last game, gave up a TD I think but also had a INT for a TD, sure still needs some work but hard to say he is not the best CB in the up coming draft still.  Sure that SOPH class has many better than him but this current JR and SR group no one else has took his place arguably as the top CB.  Zion Johnson has impressed, especially with him playing OT, even though I think he will end up as a OG in the NFL.  Brown Jr still is a tank of a RB but that entire Cal team is a disappointment, do not play nearly as good as they usually do on D and that hurts the offense but that run game is weak, not as good as it has been in years past.  

Mac Jones and Trask are both skyrocketing up, I think both could be 1st round picks, worst case 2nd rounders.  Mac is amazing in the pocket and throws arguably the best deep ball in the nation.  also DeVonte Smith has proven to be the best WR in the draft also, he is a  harder worker than Chase, better route runner and competes more.  He is #1 overall at WR no doubt, Waddle close 2nd.  

Fallers would be Hubbard for sure and Boyd, both have disappointed especially Hubbard compared to last year but a lot is the OL issues.  Terry on FSU has fallen, sadly if he sat out this year he probably would have been picked higher.  But not all his fault and he still could be a great pro, but did not play well but those QBs are awful on FSU and that offense does not fit him.  

Zaven Collins on Tulsa arguably has improved and impressed as much as anyone in the nation, is a INT machine, can do it all and is a big strong kid at 260 6-4.  

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree with you on Phillips for sure and Werner who looked great the last time he played.  Penix Jr is out for the season so that stinks, and he should not factor into this draft anyway, he should return for another season I think.  I have not see much of Romeo Doubs but saying his name and Moss in the same sentence is an insult to Randy Moss honestly.  

Wade did look a lot better in that last game, gave up a TD I think but also had a INT for a TD, sure still needs some work but hard to say he is not the best CB in the up coming draft still.  Sure that SOPH class has many better than him but this current JR and SR group no one else has took his place arguably as the top CB.  Zion Johnson has impressed, especially with him playing OT, even though I think he will end up as a OG in the NFL.  Brown Jr still is a tank of a RB but that entire Cal team is a disappointment, do not play nearly as good as they usually do on D and that hurts the offense but that run game is weak, not as good as it has been in years past.  

Mac Jones and Trask are both skyrocketing up, I think both could be 1st round picks, worst case 2nd rounders.  Mac is amazing in the pocket and throws arguably the best deep ball in the nation.  also DeVonte Smith has proven to be the best WR in the draft also, he is a  harder worker than Chase, better route runner and competes more.  He is #1 overall at WR no doubt, Waddle close 2nd.  

Fallers would be Hubbard for sure and Boyd, both have disappointed especially Hubbard compared to last year but a lot is the OL issues.  Terry on FSU has fallen, sadly if he sat out this year he probably would have been picked higher.  But not all his fault and he still could be a great pro, but did not play well but those QBs are awful on FSU and that offense does not fit him.  

Zaven Collins on Tulsa arguably has improved and impressed as much as anyone in the nation, is a INT machine, can do it all and is a big strong kid at 260 6-4.  

Before crashing to earth last Sat Doub's season was projecting to 91 catches for over 2000 yds and 23 TDS. ..that was Moss territory.

I feel like Surtain, Farley, Horn and Molden have possibly moved ahead of Wade. Farley just by not playing. And I've always had Bynum way up there.

Why is Smith a harder worker than Chase?

I need to watch some more of Collins.

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Before crashing to earth last Sat Doub's season was projecting to 91 catches for over 2000 yds and 23 TDS. ..that was Moss territory.

I feel like Surtain, Farley, Horn and Molden have possibly moved ahead of Wade. Farley just by not playing. And I've always had Bynum way up there.

Why is Smith a harder worker than Chase?

I need to watch some more of Collins.

Only one receiver in college football history has had a 2000+ yard season I believe.  This list below is a crap list honestly outside of Moss.  Trent Taylor is just ok if that at the next level and Crabtree was good for a little but overall was a disappointment.  Maybe Doub's can get that but it is a COVID -19 season, few if any play defense, no crowd and he plays against crap competition.  Is a reason why there are two Nevada players and two Louisiana Tech players on this list.  

Trevor Insley 2060 Nevada
Troy Edwards 1996 Louisiana Tech
Michael Crabtree 1962 Texas Tech
Jordan White 1911 Western Michigan
Greg Salas 1889 Hawaii
Alex Van Dyke 1864 Nevada
Terrance Williams 1832 Baylor
Randy Moss 1820 Marshall
Trent Taylor 1803 Louisiana Tech
JR Tolver 1785 San Diego State

Surtain maybe has moved again I guess, Farley hard to move ahead not playing, and Molden I view more as a safety honestly or slot corner, not sure he could play outside corner.  Horn was ok but I was not amazed with him, I would still take Wade over all of them outside of Surtain and even that is a question because Surtain cannot play the slot like Wade can.  Bynum I think has been good, have not watched him a ton but that Cal defense is not nearly as good as they usually are.  

DeVonte is a better competitor than Chase, no way in hell that is not the case.  He is more intense, he plays more passionately, he has worked harder as well, just look at his amazing improvement over the last four years.  He just gets better and better and better.  He is willing to do it all, even was a punt returner recently, and it has been said he is the hardest worker on the team.  Already shows in his route running overall, Chase was great last year but the fact he sat out says something I feel.  A true competitor would most likely not sit out just to sit out in fear of injury.  Then again I am not sure if he has a family reason or his own health reason for that.  Either way watching them I feel DeVonte is the superior competitor all the way around and with his outstanding play this year is ahead of Chase.  Hell if anything it should be harder for DeVonte because Waddle got hurt but he has got even better without him and got more opportunities to show his ability.  When it is all said and done he could be the best WR of all those four Bama guys possibly, has Jerry Rice vibes with his frame, work ethic, hands and route running.  

There's a lot about Toney's game that I love, but I don't see him being a first round pick. He has progressed so much this year, especially as a route runner. But he's still a slot guy who has a questionable football IQ imo. That'll give the NFL some pause. His rare YAC ability, quicks, and strength will definitely earn him looks on Day 2, though.

• Like 1