BrownLeader 2021 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 2/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Mostly because the Colts broke Luck by not protecting him....OL is critical for a QB to be truly successful. Wilson has complained about his recently. 

OL and playcalling are major factors but a scrambling, fearless QB also invites a lot of contact.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Serious sincere question: what are you seeing that no one else is?  Smith is a 5th to UDFA by everyone else.

You give the same tape to a dozen different scouts, you're going to get a dozen different evaluations.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

You give the same tape to a dozen different scouts, you're going to get a dozen different evaluations.

Obviously.... that’s life in general, not just football.

but this poster has him as G4 and OT5 and prospect 35 overall.  Yet I’ve never seen A.Smith ranked in the same stratosphere as the poster.  Thus, the question remains what is he seeing that no one else is?

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Obviously.... that’s life in general, not just football.

but this poster has him as G4 and OT5 and prospect 35 overall.  Yet I’ve never seen A.Smith ranked in the same stratosphere as the poster.  Thus, the question remains what is he seeing that no one else is?

You're talking about what he likely graded out as a Day 2 prospect.  I'm all for difference in opinions, but "devaluating" his opinion because you disagree with it is really close-minded.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Serious sincere question: what are you seeing that no one else is?  Smith is a 5th to UDFA by everyone else.

Tony Pauline lists him as a guard. Pauline ranks D’Ante Smith as the third-best guard prospect in this 2021 NFL Draft class. He also lists him as his 38th ranked overall prospect with a second-round grade.

To add...his injury history could be a flag and might play a part in the consensus rankings.

8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

To add...his injury history could be a flag and might play a part in the consensus rankings.

Ok you found one person that agrees. But the question remains what are you seeing in Smith to rank him so high?  The vast majority of people have him as a 5th rounder or later.  Again this is a sincere question and I’m not trolling or being nasty.  What about Smith and his game has you ranking him so high?

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You're talking about what he likely graded out as a Day 2 prospect.  I'm all for difference in opinions, but "devaluating" his opinion because you disagree with it is really close-minded.

I’m not devaluing his opinion I’m asking him why he’s ranking Smith as a top of round 2 Player when most people have him much much lower.

There is a chance he may be correct, hence why im Asking the question.

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ok you found one person that agrees. But the question remains what are you seeing in Smith to rank him so high?  The vast majority of people have him as a 5th rounder or later.  Again this is a sincere question and I’m not trolling or being nasty.  What about Smith and his game has you ranking him so high?

That was actually two people. And PFF Draft has him #105 overall. Here are a couple others..

So...I'm not sure I'm really that off on him as you're suggesting. As to what I think here's part of a write up..

He's a mauling, mobile lineman that can generate push in the run game and hang with speed off the edge. Brutal puncher with long arms. Coordinated mover in space. If he reaches the down block you're going for a ride. Dominated the pass rushers at senior week practices.

He lacks ideal length and initial quickness and can struggle to sustain. Woefully undersized and added 20 lbs since his season ended but carried it well senior week.

Edited by BrownLeader