R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd post my projected keepers but I'm still not sure what I want to do. I've got a lot of guys in the 29-33 age range so I'm debating whether I want to try and compete with those keepers next year or gamble a couple spots with prospects and build more for 2020 and beyond.

Then you won't need that JD guy. :)

New Deal

BK receives:
2B Ozzie Albies
SS Adalberto Mondesi
OF Willie Calhoun

bD receives:
OF JD Martinez
CL Edwin Diaz

My Take: Yeah, I know. Building for the future always looks like skewed value. Albies was probably the best young bat with massive potential that I could land (trust me, just ask Dingo lol) using JDM. I like pairing up Mondesi and Trea Turner going forward. Need younger OF keepers and Calhoun is a safe bet to hit so he works. Yeah, I know Diaz is only 25 but I have no need for closers next year.

With that said, I'm looking to move Craig Kimbrel for a prospect.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

New Deal

BK receives:
2B Ozzie Albies
SS Adalberto Mondesi
OF Willie Calhoun

bD receives:
OF JD Martinez
CL Edwin Diaz

My Take: Yeah, I know. Building for the future always looks like skewed value. Albies was probably the best young bat with massive potential that I could land (trust me, just ask Dingo lol) using JDM. I like pairing up Mondesi and Trea Turner going forward. Need younger OF keepers and Calhoun is a safe bet to hit so he works. Yeah, I know Diaz is only 25 but I have no need for closers next year.

With that said, I'm looking to move Craig Kimbrel for a prospect.

Doesn't look like the Jose Ramirez move to 2B will be fast enough to give him 2B to start 2019, but hoping he's somehow able to get it early next year. If not, I'll be in the market for a 2B at that point but I sacrificed 2 seemly really good, really young middle INFers to get JD Martinez and to get the best closer in the game to help solidify my power and saves for my 2019 run.

bD's Projected Keepers (after the current trade)

1B Freddie Freeman
2B Jose Ramirez
3B Will Myers
SS Frankie Lindor
INF Amed Rosario
OF JD Martinez
OF Justin Upton
OF Michael Conforto
SP Chris Sale
SP Stephen Strasburg
SP James Paxton
RP Edwin Diaz

Couple interesting names there in Conforto and Rosario but I told myself in April I wasn't going to look at their first couple months (Injury and raw talent). Since the AS break, Conforto is on a 160 game pace (59 games) of .269 - 103 runs - 43 HR - 127 RBI (which is right in line with what he's showed last year before the shoulder injury). Rosario also since the AS break (55 games) .283 - 116 runs - 15 HR - 76 RBI - 44 SB. So again, these don't mean I think these guys can put up those numbers over a full season, but IMO it does show that they do have the health and talent to have a good 2019 breakout. 

Archived