R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

Best Player: Aaron Judge/Max Scherzer
Biggest Disappointment: JV, Kyle Seager, Tulo
Biggest Mistake: Trading away George Springer
Best FA Pickup: Mark Reynolds/Wilson Contreras
Best Trade: Getting Mookie and Max

Keepers:

1B Jose Abreu
2B Robinson Cano
3B Kyle Seager
OF Aaron Judge
OF Mookie Betts
OF Billy Hamilton
OF Giancarlo Stanton
SP Max Scherzer
SP Chris Archer
RP Craig Kimbrel
RP Wade Davis

Last one will be one of Quintana, Iglesias, Paxton, Walker, Wilson

Best player: Ryan Zimmerman / Eric Hosmer
Biggest disappointment: Jason Kipnis
Biggest mistake: Rejoining to acquire a much crappier team with fewer tradable assets

Best FA pickup: Ryan Zimmerman
Best Trade: Adam Jones & Matt Harvey for Rougned Odor (Pickings are slim)

Future is bleak 

Worst trade of the year:  Blackmon-Rodney-Hanley for Villar-Davis-Watson.

So my decision making for making the deal was I knew Blackmon wouldn't run as much in the past, which I was right about. I needed SB's so I figured Villar would provide those while taking away from HH, but I'd lose some RBI-HR-BA in the process and only a slight loss in runs since the Brewers lineup has been better than 2016. I thought I could overcome the BA with Votto-Miggy-Freeman-Pollock and load up on other power guys, which is why had Davis for Hanley added. At the time I thought Rodney was close to getting pulled, so I thought Watson for Rodney was an upgrade. Even though I ended up dealing Villar-Davis for Nunez, while adding Rivero. So the Blackmon for Villar part was the main part of that deal and is a big reason HH has such a huge lead in runs and his BA is as good as it is. 

Best Player: Mike Trout - Even with him going down for over a month, he's still a top 11 OF with a line of .328, 19 HR, 42 RBI, 12 SB, 41 R in only 192 AB.
Biggest Disappointment: I guess I would say Andrew Benintendi but that has more to do with my sky high expectations than anything. He's been solid but I thought he'd be godly right away (I had a very large draft boner for him lol).
Best FA Pickup: Domingo Santana or Aaron Nola - Nola's been a stud for me and his peripherals showed that he'd rebound. Santana is just #good. I guess you could also say Yasiel Puig just for the simple fact that I was able to use him in a trade to acquire Sonny Gray.
Best Trade: I was able to get bigger names for good deals (Goldy and Freeman) but the, by far, best trade for me was getting Luis Severino for Blake Treinen.

Gun to my head keepers right now (but this is in no way absolute);

Gary Sanchez | C 
Freddie Freeman | 1B/3B
Justin Turner | 3B
Carlos Correa | SS
Andrew Benintendi | OF
David Dahl | OF
Starling Marte | OF
Mike Trout | OF
Kyle Tucker | OF
Sonny Gray | SP
Aaron Nola | SP
Jameson Taillon | SP

Would I make the Machado trade again ? probably not considering Robbie Ray turning into an ace however Im pleased with the shape of my roster and will be targeting vets going forward thru the draft.

Projected keepers

1B Justin Smoak 

1B Travis Shaw

SS Corey Seager

3B Manny Machado

3B Nick Senzel

OF Michael Conforto

OF Michael Brantley

OF Victor Robles

OF Ronald Acuna

SP Jose Berrios

SP Tyler Glasnow

SP Alex Reyes

Best moves scooping Smoak and Acuna of waivers

Worst moves the only big trades were bad. Machado deal and Carpenter deal

New Trade

BK receives:
1B Edwin Encarnacion
SP Jacob deGrom

bD receives:
1B Freddie Freeman

My Take: Didn't really want to lose Freddie going forward but I have a severe need for SP going into 2018. deGrom's been a top 5ish SP all year so he fits the bill. E5 is still a solid power bat despite only 22 HRs so far (he'll likely finish in the mid-30s) so I truly only sacrifice youth, average and some stolen bases here all to pull in a borderline top 5 SP. I can live with that still having Trout and Correa on the books.

Archived