R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

Trades All Day

packerbacker87 gets:
OF Byron Buxton
1B Eric Hosmer
1B Trey Mancini

bDoDDleS gets:
SP Madison Bumgarner
OF Nomar Mazara

bD's Take: Adding Acuna made Buxton expendable. So went out and got an ACE pitcher who should be good to go for a full 2019 season. Plus, I've always like Mazara and always thought his power would take some time to develop and he just turned 23 today. So he's still young enough to take that next step I thought he could make as a prospect. 

bD's Trade Day Recap

Added
OF Ronald Acuna Jr
SP Madison Bumgarner
OF Willie Calhoun
OF Nomar Mazara
3B Miguel Andujar
Crabs 1st round pick

Traded
3B Kris Bryant
OF Andrew Benintendi
OF Byron Buxton
OF David Dahl
SP Alex Reyes
SP Eduardo Rodriguez 
1B Trey Mancini
HH's 1st round pick
BK's 4th round pick

bD's Take: So a long day, but this is how I see it 
Acuna for Bryant (Bryant clearly better today, but I wanted Acuna and this has a chance to be Acuna > Bryant pretty quickly)
Bumgarner for Reyes and ERod (Reyes has a #1 upside but more question marks than Bumgarner, easy swap)
Calhoun, Mazara, Andujar for Benintendi, Buxton, Dahl. 30 + Power potential for 20/20 power/speed upside. With Turner, Moncada, Acuna as cornerstones who should steal 25+, I felt I could deal those combo players for more power potential.

So I'm very happy with how the day happened. Would have been happier if BG didn't make me move the pick from a 5th to a 1st, but had to do what I had to do.  

5 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I also did it in conjunction with another deal that'll likely be done tomorrow.

Bk gets: Eduardo Rodriguez, SP

CRAB gets: Michael Brantley, OF

I needed OF and could spare Erod so this made sense for me. Brantley was a guy I went to pick up weeks ago and found that he was on Bk's roster. Nice way to round out the Bryant trade where I gave up what I was planning to be a starting OF for me.

So a few people were perplexed by my Kris Bryant trade yesterday. Well, now you see what I had in mind by doing it. Not counting the Acuna deal which wasn't apart of a plan, just wanting to get him. 

Traded
Kris Bryant
Byron Buxton
Eduardo Rodriguez
Trey Mancini
Colin Moran
Rougned Odor
BK's 4th round pick

Added
Anthony Rizzo
Willie Calhoun
Miguel Andujar
Nomar Mazara
Nick Pivetta
Crab's 1st round pick
Zel's 3rd round pick
B7's 4th round pick 

From IMO just 2 possible keepers in Bryant and Buxton and swapped with 4 and I like Pivetta more than ERod, and upgrading 4ths and adding a 1st and 3rd. I'll take it. 

Archived