R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

In fairness, since 2015, Harper's per 162 is .287 - 113 runs - 38 HR - 107 RBI - 13 SB

Of course, but every year he's on a yo-yo. He counters a massive year by putting up a dud (for his standards).

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Of course, but every year he's on a yo-yo. He counters a massive year by putting up a dud (for his standards).

True. It's crazy how all his underlying stats are identical to last year's but BABIP and BA corresponding.

3 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

True. It's crazy how all his underlying stats are identical to last year's but BABIP and BA corresponding.

Yeah, he should snap out of it at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes full Votto.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

I just posted their career per 162 lines. There isn't much difference. One hits for more power while the other swipes more bags. Just depends on what you prefer/need. You can find power a lot easier than SB tbh. The difference between the two isn't major at all. Give it another year or two and Benny will be up there with the big name guys you don't deal for anything less than a haul.

Power is easier to acquire in this league and I still have Bellinger, Bryant, Gregorius and even Aguilar who is playing his way into keeper discussion.

I need AVG, Runs and SB which are tougher to acquire in this league and I'm hoping Benny and Robles will eventually give me that consistently. Gotta look past the name and more at the numbers and the progression. 

I like my keeper core right now and going forward. 

20 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Couple blockbusters are about to happen. One team will be completely changed, but this happens once every couple weeks. 

Here's one of them

Zelbell gets:
OF Bryce Harper
1B Anthony Rizzo
SP Mackenzie Gore
SP Brandan McKay

bDoDDleS gets:
SP Chris Sale
2B/SS Javy Baez
OF/1B Will Myers

bD's Take: Basically see this deal in 2 parts. Harper for Sale and Baez and then swapping Rizzo for Myers. Baez's last 162 games look very similar to the guy I just traded for Harper's stats.   .287 - 98 runs - 29 hr - 104 RBI - 21 SB, I'll take that. Myers for Rizzo is a wash. Myers will probably lose 1B in 2019 so OF only and he should have more SB's than Rizzo which makes up for losing Benny in the previous deal.  Sale might not spend a lot of time on my team, already have a strong offer for him. 

Archived