GDT 2017: Week 5 - Ravens @ Raiders

drd23

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

I had to do a double take and check who posted that because I couldn't believe it.

And nice to see you're still around thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I work a lot. So I don't have much time to post. I'm just confused with how our team continues to lead the league in injuries. Or be at the top of the league.

I'm more worried about Baltimore's Division II offense than their wildly inconsistent three or four man pass-rush dependent defense. But if those three or four guys aren't getting to Manuel even he will look like a bona fide NFL QB. So both sides could be bad again. 

Yes, I have very little enthusiasm left for the team this season.

8 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm more worried about Baltimore's Division II offense than their wildly inconsistent three or four man pass-rush dependent defense. But if those three or four guys aren't getting to Manuel even he will look like a bona fide NFL QB. So both sides could be bad again. 

We'll be OK coach, the rest of the AFC North is playing like scrub lords as well. We even gave the Steelworkers a run for their money in spite of our fraudulence. In my opinion that says a lot. And as long as we have Flacco, we will always have a chance to win.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:06 PM, Darth Pees said:

On one hand, we're facing EJ Manual, so that's good.

On the other hand, Oakland's pass rush is facing Joe Flacco, so that's very bad.

If our defense can do what they've done the first 2 games and create turnovers off of a bad QB, we should be able to kick like 8 FG's and win. Otherwise, I don't see much hope winning on the road.

Also, great news everyone, Jimmy Smith is back to being hurt for 43124th time in his career!

That's more about the Raiders pass rush vs. our O-Line, IMO.

I think one of the biggest things will be if our pass rush can get to Manuel.  He's a slow decision maker, but the Raiders have a good O-line.  Even if we can't get to him a ton, if we can speed up his game, we could have another 4 pick afternoon.  

The D hasn't looked good the last two weeks, although they seem to have changed something in the second half last week.  Sucks that we weren't able to get the TD on the Weddle INT.  Had to settle for a FG.  Those four points plus the overturn of the 2pc really changed the nature of the game (and selfishly, cost me my matchup in FF as a ravens TD would have given me an extra 6).

Looking forward to getting the running game going early and often against the Raiders D.  Alex Collins needs to hold onto the ball and wreck ****.  If we can get the run going, looking forward to Flacco having an efficient day, making his $$ on the PA bootleg.

On 10/6/2017 at 8:48 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, I work a lot. So I don't have much time to post. I'm just confused with how our team continues to lead the league in injuries. Or be at the top of the league.

I'm with you man.  I got married this summer, am finishing up grad school (dual degree program) and am constantly interviewing.  Hard to make the time to post here, especially in weeks with the pall of a Ravens loss.

Nice to see you posting, though!  One of my fellow old heads.

22 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I haven't rewatched the game, but early in the Steelers game, it really felt like we were trying to get too cute on some things.

Obviously, the Steelers were probably playing soft coverages later in the game as the clock was on their side, but it really felt like the offensive staff changed what they were doing a bit and it worked much better.  Again, I can't say this with any level of certainty, but early on it seemed like the routes were really slow developing and involved a lot of throws across the field and other various complications.  Later in the game it seemed that Flacco was more taking some short drops, setting and firing, allowing him to get in much more of a rhythm with the receivers.  Flacco is clearly at his best when he is either: (1) working off the PA boot or (2) able to get in a rhythm, set and fire.  He's really not a slow developing play guy (not to mention that our O-Line isn't in a state to support that).  Really seemed like the early game was completely fughazi with respect to playing into his strengths.

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Want him back badly, he's so important as we've seen the last two weeks.  That said, I don't want him to jeopardize his LT health for the season.

Yeah, I don't want him back on the field until he's fully healthy. The Ravens have a lot invested in him, and nothing should be done to potentially aggravate any injury, but particularly a foot/ankle injury.

As for the offense, it all just depends on the O-line getting better. I don't know if that will happen, because neither Guard in starting calibre, and interior D-linemen in the NFL are more formidable and capable of ruining an offense than ever. If they give Joe time, and the offense can find some sort of rhythm, then maybe we'll see something just a little above terrible.

But I expect another loss, quite honestly. Just don't fancy any Ravens team travelling to the West Coast.

Archived