GDT 2017: Week 5 - Ravens @ Raiders

drd23

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

He's going to be (is?) a good one.  Hopefully another in a long line of Ravens LB development successes.

Question is where it leaves Correa? At least he is a good special teamer and not in the mold of Arthur Brown.

7 minutes ago, Danand said:

Question is where it leaves Correa? At least he is a good special teamer and not in the mold of Arthur Brown.

Why does one guy doing well immediately mean one has to be negative or bearish on another player?

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Why does one guy doing well immediately mean you have to be negative or bearish on another player?

Negative? I am just stating, that Correa isn't like Arthur Brown who never could see the field despite being a 2. round pick. If Correa loses the ilb job to Onwuasor, he can still contribute and not be a wasted high pick.

Just now, Danand said:

Negative? I am just stating, that Correa isn't like Arthur Brown who never could see the field despite being a 2. round pick. If Correa loses the ilb job to Onwuasor, he can still contribute and not be a wasted high pick.

I edited to not be as accusatory (changing from "you"), not my intention.

I agree that Arthur Brown was a bust.  Onwuasor earning a starting spot doesn't immediately reflect poorly on Correa, IMO.  I liked what I saw from Correa in the preseason.  If we get a lead and Oakland is in passing mode, I expect to see him later in this game.  

All I'm really getting at is that I think we can appreciate what Onwuasor is doing in a vacuum without immediately wondering how it reflects on Correa.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived