Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Lance would be decent.  I really want Lawrence though.  Just once I want the Vikings to have a great one at the QB position for an extended period of time.  I have to admit to not watching much college football, but at this point, I'm just buying the Trevor Lawrence hype.

I get it.  I grew up on Favre.  But I also grew up on Lynn Dickey and Randy Wright and Clipboard God, and Don Majkowski.  It is a lot more fun with a great QB.

I haven't watched much college recently, Mizzou has been more Mizzou than good recently, so I pay less attention.  But we beat LSU, and they are the defending champs, and were still ranked, so I got a victory.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Kurt Cousins is great 

He may have been the NFL MVP of October last year, but I don't think 4 or 5 weeks is what they were looking for.

He actually had a 7 game stretch with a 126.5 rating last season with 18 TDs and 1 pick.  (weeks 5 though 11)

6 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

Yes, he actually does that in real life.  If he wasn't the best QB in the league I imagine KC would actually hate him. 

7 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

They eat steak incorrectly in the south.

But he is from Texas... And lives in Kansas City.  That is the West, or Mid West at least.

If I didn't hate the Chiefs already, that would make me hate them more.  

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I get it.  I grew up on Favre.  But I also grew up on Lynn Dickey and Randy Wright and Clipboard God, and Don Majkowski.  It is a lot more fun with a great QB.

I haven't watched much college recently, Mizzou has been more Mizzou than good recently, so I pay less attention.  But we beat LSU, and they are the defending champs, and were still ranked, so I got a victory.  

I remember the Majik-Man.  He was actually a pretty good quarterback.