Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

You know what pisses me off?

I think there is/was a way that the NFL could have scheduled this season that while admittedly not 1,000% safe and COVID proof (nothing is), would have done a good job of of maximizing safety while still fitting in a full slate of games. They could have understood that positive tests are inevitable, but would have been ready to squash potential outbreaks before they happen. It could have been done.

Instead, in their infinite hubris, the NFL assumed that their minimal precautions and seemingly non-existent preplanning would be enough and they'd just plow ahead. Freaking idiots. I swear to god if the game itself wasn't so addictive this league would've blown itself up decades ago.

I understand the owners and players wanting to have a season. I want there to be a season too. But to willfully neglect the reality that this virus will absolutely throw a wrench into plans is freaking maddening.

I know that technically nothing major has happened yet, but it seems like we're on the verge of games being cancelled, which would be brutal. And the league did it to themselves by leaving near-zero wiggle room.

• Like 1

Just now, DannyB said:

You know what pisses me off?

I think there is/was a way that the NFL could have scheduled this season that while admittedly not 1,000% safe and COVID proof (nothing is), would have done a good job of of maximizing safety while still fitting in a full slate of games. They could have understood that positive tests are inevitable, but would have been ready to squash potential outbreaks before they happen. It could have been done.

Instead, in their infinite hubris, the NFL assumed that their minimal precautions and seemingly non-existent preplanning would be enough and they'd just plow ahead. Freaking idiots. I swear to god if the game itself wasn't so addictive this league would've blown itself up decades ago.

I understand the owners and players wanting to have a season. I want there to be a season too. But to willfully neglect the reality that this virus will absolutely throw a wrench into plans is freaking maddening.

I know that technically nothing major has happened yet, but it seems like we're on the verge of games being cancelled, which would be brutal. And the league did it to themselves by leaving near-zero wiggle room.

I think it's inevitable at this point that the season will be extended by 2-3 weeks due to rescheduling and maybe bubble up for the playoffs, and if I know the NFL...aint no games being cancelled, they WILL finish this season.

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

This one example is why the Sunday Ticket is worth it

I re-enrolled in school, so this year I was eligible for the mobile ticket package. No direct tv account required, and only 100 bucks for the entire season. Get to watch all games and it streams on my tv too. I'm stoked.

Granted, it's Peaches reporting the rumor, and granted his record would have spoken for itself regardless, but now we definitely know what Houston finally showed BOB the door.  I could just see it now (ultimately sending @ET80 into a Falling Down style death rage): 'Houston is trading a 2022 1st round pick and a 2023 second round pick to the Washington TBD's for QB Dwayne Haskins.' 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

I think it's inevitable at this point that the season will be extended by 2-3 weeks due to rescheduling and maybe bubble up for the playoffs, and if I know the NFL...aint no games being cancelled, they WILL finish this season.

hope so, but this whole thing could've been accounted for if they planned better instead of looking like a chicken with its head cut off

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I re-enrolled in school, so this year I was eligible for the mobile ticket package. No direct tv account required, and only 100 bucks for the entire season. Get to watch all games and it streams on my tv too. I'm stoked.

Literally the only reason I will be going for my Educational Doctorate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This offense for the Rams looks really good this year.  Did just what was needed to keep our defense off balance

The biggest help was getting rid of Gurley, believe it or not. 

It allows Goff to grow without the need for force feeding Gurley