Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

couple years ago the Texans were the 2nd or 3rd best defense against the run, just 2 yards per game more than the number 1. BoB traded away almost all of those components....

Or let them go, he had the belief that he could substitute the players or the coaching was the real reason. No Bill. Not at all.

Just now, drew39k said:

I hope not, we will just Ruin him too. If Jets have #1pick they need to trade it for a HAUL and build a team. Then they can worry about getting a QB.

would be smart but I doubt it's happening. There are already rumors out there what trading Darnold would fetch

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

would be smart but I doubt it's happening. There are already rumors out there what trading Darnold would fetch

Yeah, I mean, I dont trust Jets mgmt to do the smart thing. Instead they are going to do exactly what they did with Darnold, and Sanchez before him. Its just incredibly stupid. If you want a you QB to be succesful, you need to have a coach in place that has already established an offensive scheme within the organization so that the wrs, rbs, and oline can help the QB adapt to the NFL game. this whole QB savior thing rarely works. The jump from the collegiate level to the pros is too steep and the QB position relies too much on others doing their jobs successfully too.