Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok thanks.  That sheds a little light on things.  I was under the impression that they had a very talented team that had been held back by mediocre coaching during The Clapper's era.  I figured MM would come in and get them running like a well oiled machine very quickly.  Maybe he will still do that with a little time.

One of the major chinks in MM's armor has always been his undying trust in veteran DC's and sticking with them for too long.  I'm not saying he should be going the entire opposite direction and turning over the responsibilities to someone who clearly isn't ready, but when it comes to DC's he has a habit of going for the overly-safe approach and while there may be a little initial success, far more often than not it's a decision that blows up in his face (Bob Sanders, Dom Capers, Mike Pettine, Mike Nolan).  Dude doesn't seem to want any DC who isn't a former head coach, which, to me, reads that he really doesn't want anything to do with the defense and just wants another coach to handle it entirely for him, someone he can just pass it all off to.  I wont be surprised when his next DC hire (the one to follow Nolan) is either Gregg Williams, Jim Haslett, or Mike Smith.

• Like 1

This really may have been the best Rookie WR class ever, at least as a whole. No Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc, but what I mean is damn near everyone looks great.... Ruggs looks great, Lamb looks great, Jeudy looks great, Jefferson looks great, Aiyuk looks great, Claypool looks great, what a great WR class so far.

• Like 1