Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The NFLPA needs to be better. Guaranteed contacts or bust

The one league where life or death injuries are a reality is the one league without guarantees. What a joke. But hey, the players "won" because some of them get to smoke weed now without finding elaborate ways to beat the system.

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm kinda shocked I'm a bit emotional, as I have no ties to the Cowboys whatsoever. That was a terrible injury though.

I actually hate the Cowboys, but feel horrible for Dak

the look on his face and putting the towel up was just heartbreaking  

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Dak is and will be more than fine financially. He has been paid a lot and WILL be paid a lot more on his next contract.

The sad part is that he won't get to play out this season where he would have thrived.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not as disturbing as McGahee or Theisman, or that guy from Louisville a few years back,  but it wasn't good.  

Was it Johnny Knox who landed on his head? That one really bothered me.

Johnny Knox did have one of the worst injuries I've ever seen but not falling on his head. The Johnny Knox spinal injury is still the worst thing I've ever seen...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder if that was the last snap Dak ever takes for the 'Boys.  If things go way south for them they could be in contention for one of the top QB's in the draft.  Would you want that Matts?

I sure as hell hope not. Did you see all his teammates freak out? He is beloved by everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Or big bonuses with injury guarantees and insurance for guys on franchise tags.

Like if the NFL helps teams with franchise tags then they should help the players forced into it with insurance policies.

Fully guaranteed contracts are a bad idea and the sports that have them are worse for them.