Week #5 - General Football Talk

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Thank and Thomas was past his prime. Dak is on the cusp of his. Hopefully Dallas is dumb and won’t offer him, so he hits the market

Someone will pay him without a doubt. Cousins got 3 yr/$84M in free agency and Jimmy G got 5 yr/$137.5M after only 7 starts. 

8 hours ago, DannyB said:
9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Someone explain to me why arent all coaches just wearing the face shield Reid wears. Seems so much more comfortable.

They're useless without an actual facemask. Also I think personally I'd find them hotter, more uncomfortable, and kinda claustrophobic.

For the most part they are used when someone has a medical condition that wearing a regular face covering could be detrimental.

I don't like them at all, at least the ones I've used weedeating. I'd rather wear a mask.

55 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

On pace for 15 plus sacks. Just another ho-hum year for Donald.

But how many four sack games is he going to get tho. He had a huge sack game yesterday but prior he was quiet sack wise all season. Still make an impact but he won’t be facing OLs like that the rest of the year 

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

But how many four sack games is he going to get tho. He had a huge sack game yesterday but prior he was quiet sack wise all season. Still make an impact but he won’t be facing OLs like that the rest of the year 

Even before yesterday he had 3.5 sacks in four games, which was still on pace for close to 15 sacks. Plus he still plays the 49ers twice, Seahawks twice and the Jets. Not exactly a murder’s row when it comes to OLs.

34 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Even before yesterday he had 3.5 sacks in four games, which was still on pace for close to 15 sacks. Plus he still plays the 49ers twice, Seahawks twice and the Jets. Not exactly a murder’s row when it comes to OLs.

Still better than Washington tho

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

His greatness has clearly become far too normalized if we're saying that 3.5 sacks in 4 games is "quiet."

• Like 2

Pretty sad what has happened to AJ Green. I truly believe it was a HOF talent derailed by injuries. Bengals have more pass attempts than anybody else in the NFL, and Green has played on 64% of offensive snaps. He's got 14 receptions for 119 yards and 0 TDs to show for it... Sure, maybe a change of scenery would help, but in reality he's probably just not the same guy. Age + major injury will do that to you. Had he played those early years with an elite QB he might have done enough already to be in position for a HOF run by tacking on some solid seasons a la Fitzgerald but his peak was not enough that he could still make the HOF without being a pro bowl player post-30.

Started his career w/ 7 pro bowl seasons. Through a players first 5 seasons AJ ranks 5th in receptions, 5th in yards and 11th in TDs. Did that with Andy Dalton.