Another change to the draft I propose

pf9

Right now, you have to be 3 years removed from high school to enter the draft. This means the only kind of sophomores allowed to enter would be redshirts.

Though I am in favor of college athletes making money, I have also proposed that the NFL open up the draft to anyone who has completed as little as one year of college football, which would make freshmen (both true and redshirt) as well as true sophomores eligible for the draft. You would still not be allowed to redshirt upon arriving at college and still enter the draft after your first year at college. You actually have to play one year of college football.

If this had been in place for the 2020 draft, Trevor Lawrence would have declared, and probably be playing for Washington now. This rule has effectively prevented an NFC East team from having a winning record after 4 games in 2020.

For those who don't want to play college football, the NFL would form a true development league where all 32 teams have affiliates in a nearby city with an appropriately-sized stadium.

Those coming out of high school would be allowed to play in the NFL D-League for one year and then enter the draft. Similar to how the NBA's minor league is allowing high school graduates to enter.

Edited by pf9