NLCS: (2) Atlanta Braves vs (1) Los Angeles Dodgers

BayRaider

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

kershaws going to get some hate, but through 6 the vaunted dodgers offense has one run on one hit against bryce wilson... who has had a mixed career thus far. if they lose, people should really be blaming the bats.

They both deserve blame. Kershaw just blows in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Looking bad for the Dodgers, but I certainly wouldn’t count them out. 

If Dodgers lose this series, perhaps they were just never meant to win the WS with Kershaw. Even 2017, perhaps the Yankees beat them if the Astros didn’t cheat. 

bruh.... what are you talking about? the guys pitched one time, they were already down in the series.

I know these things don't matter at all, but it kind of bothers me that after the first two games I didn't see many articles beyond recaps.  Then the Dodgers won game 3 and there were numerous articles that were more what I'd call "analysis" basically making the case that the Dodgers had "woken up."  And now after a game 4 Braves win, just back to recaps.  C'mon media, give credit where it's due!

1 hour ago, fraziafraze07 said:

I know these things don't matter at all, but it kind of bothers me that after the first two games I didn't see many articles beyond recaps.  Then the Dodgers won game 3 and there were numerous articles that were more what I'd call "analysis" basically making the case that the Dodgers had "woken up."  And now after a game 4 Braves win, just back to recaps.  C'mon media, give credit where it's due!

no one looks admitting they were wrong and the dodgers were supposed to be just about unbeatable in a 7 game series. Heck, espn had an article where they used their projections preseason were more reliable than what actually happened in season when ranking playoff teams. 

I mean, Dodgers can ceratinly still win this, but the Braves have come pretty close to dominating the entire series, outside of what, like 5 innings?

16 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

They both deserve blame. Kershaw just blows in the playoffs.

To me, this one was on Dave Roberts. 

My best friend from college is a huge dodgers fan (I am a giants fan) and I texted him after kershaws first two pitches in the 6th that this was the inning kershaw was going to give up a crooked number. He short armed those first two pitches and neither were close to the strike zone. After the first double, he should have been pulled. They knew he wasnt 100% healthy and that when it fell apart it was going to fall apart fast. So to me, Dave Roberts did what dave roberts does, and thats make the wrong choice on when to pull a pitcher

Granted, their bullpen came in and gave up a ton of runs, but I still think that inning goes differently with someone else facing the 2nd batter. 

Kershaw should have never saw the 6th inning especially going against the top of the order. 

If the Dodgers don’t pull this out of their butts Dave Roberts has to go. Can’t just sit there and accept this outcome and be content with not meeting expectations 4 years in a row. At some point you gonna have to shake things up. 

I loved the look in Dave roberts eyes after Atlanta took the lead 

It's like he knows his job is on the line if he loses tonight 

It's only one run lead but the passed ball is exactly the type of mistake the dodgers have been making all series. They have been sloppy