Week 5: Rams vs Football Team

turtle28

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This team can't move up like they did before.  They just can't. It will do us no good to trade all of those picks and end up without the ability to surround the QB with talent. 

If your trading Haskins for hopefully a 2nd, you have two 2nds, we have two 3rds bc of the Trent Trade. 

I don’t see us winning more than another game or two, we aren’t as good as last year we really miss Ioannidis as our 3rd DT & our best interior pass rusher. We miss AD a lot, Flowers and Penn. We can’t run successfully which is putting too much pressure on our QBs shoulders no matter who is in there. I thought Nicholson was the worst starting FS in the league last year but it’s obvious that he was at least serviceable and we miss him. 

Other teams will end up with 5/6 wins and I seriously doubt we will. We may end up picking 2nd or 3rd win. I think the Giants are better than us (we ain’t dropping 30 on anyone) the Cowboys are still better than us with Dalton. Maybe we split with the Giants, that’s two wins. Maybe we get one more.

3-13 again, that’s in range to draft Fields or Lance.

I don’t think we’ll have to trade up tbh

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But part of it is people treated this hire like we got the second coming of Joe Gibbs. The rest of the league is moving towards younger offensive minds and we go out and hire a retread who couldn’t win in a more stable environment with one of the leagues better QBs. When they refused to name a GM that should’ve been a sign to everyone that things were going to stay the same. Snyder’s an idiot and Rivera is a mediocre coach. Allen and Smith suck too. 

As Mknight said, it is just year one of Rivera. We should be able to draft the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft for next year. We should be able to trade Haskins for a 2nd or 3rd or a 3rd that’s conditional to become a 2nd. We traded Trent and have that 3rd and it’s looking like a high 3rd as the 49ers don’t look good and Garapolo isn’t right with his ankle injury.

We could have 5 picks in the top 75 in next year’s draft if we trade Haskins.

It’s still a rebuild, Rivera didn’t assemble a good enough team no matter who the QB is to win more than 5 games and if we win as much as 5 (not likely) we can draft Lance.  I’d we win less than 5 games were in Fields territory.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Chemo Brain begs to differ. 

I have to say, I’m really thinking this has a lot to do with it and also how he’s reacted to Dwayne not giving his 100%. Look, I get it:

“I’m battling cancer, taking chemo and this 22 year old kid QB I inherited has slacked off since being named the starter while I’m taking IV’s just to be able to coach this team on Sunday’s and he’s acting like everything is great after a loss just bc he threw for 71% for 314 yards against the Ravens D. Screw that kid, he’s done playing for me.”

But this is where coaching comes in. This was probably the last straw but there were 12 and now are 11 games left in the season. You owe it to yourself to see if Haskins can develop more and mature like Cam kinda did under your tutelage over your 9 years together.

I really hope Rivera isn’t throwing in the towel on Dwayne. 

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No it isn’t.  It never was.

Yeah, Rivera may want to compete for the division but it’s not realistic that we win it. It’s not realistic that we win 6 games or more like the Cowboys will even w/ Dalton as their QB, who’s not a bad QB and could really look good throwing to the Cowboys playmakers.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Our defense gave up 429 yards yesterday. Are we going to make changes to the LB corps & safeties yet?

Move Collins to WLB

Start Curl @ FS

Start Everrett at SS

Promote Jeremy Reaves to be the back up SS

I'm really going to flip **** if this happens. I would rather just cut him and move on. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm really going to flip **** if this happens. I would rather just cut him and move on. 

That’s not a good option cap wise. You move on from him after this season (costs us $1.6 million) or after next season when there’s the out.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I understand. We were there for a long time. It'll change eventually. Wish I could tell you that it'll be next season. But if Rivera ends up being your Fisher, maybe the next coach is your McVay. 

I wanted to come in and say this.

Washington so feels like the Rams when Fisher took over (we even drafted Hemingway I believe).

The DL is similar to ours when we first drafted AD. OL was awful. Divisive QB situation. Lack of weapons on offense. Great punter.

Washington was in such a state of disarray, Rivera, whether he's a good coach or not, is not going to turn it around. He's your Jeff Fisher - get you to respectabity, hopefully in the next two years, then bring in an offensive guy to fix the offense

• Like 4

In fact I will guarantee this right now: next year Washington will be a 6-8 team, and because of your DL, you will obliterate a few teams. 

In 2013 we went into Indy and slaughtered the Colts, who were a playoff team that year. Football will be watchable and fun for you guys, although you will still inexplicably get blown out a few times.

It's what comes after that - for the Rams we failed to fix the OL. Washington has a future number one WR and Gibson who looks good - fixing the OL has to be the priority, even before QB (unless you can get Trevor). 

You saw Goff before a good offense and after. I live in Columbus and I told all my fellow OSU fans that Haskins wasn't ready, he should have come back for another year. But there is an environment where he can be successful.

Your defense is fine IMO - yes they got shredded yesterday, but you have some nice pieces and I think it's pointless to build an elite defense when your offense can't score.

Focus on the OL and then QB (and the right coach), and this team should be dominating the NFC East for years

43 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

In fact I will guarantee this right now: next year Washington will be a 6-8 team, and because of your DL, you will obliterate a few teams. 

In 2013 we went into Indy and slaughtered the Colts, who were a playoff team that year. Football will be watchable and fun for you guys, although you will still inexplicably get blown out a few times.

It's what comes after that - for the Rams we failed to fix the OL. Washington has a future number one WR and Gibson who looks good - fixing the OL has to be the priority, even before QB (unless you can get Trevor). 

You saw Goff before a good offense and after. I live in Columbus and I told all my fellow OSU fans that Haskins wasn't ready, he should have come back for another year. But there is an environment where he can be successful.

Your defense is fine IMO - yes they got shredded yesterday, but you have some nice pieces and I think it's pointless to build an elite defense when your offense can't score.

Focus on the OL and then QB (and the right coach), and this team should be dominating the NFC East for years

a good OL can change so much for the offense.