Week 5: Rams vs Football Team

turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm really going to flip **** if this happens. I would rather just cut him and move on. 

Well trade him maybe.

But honestly, he played very well for most of last season.  How are we using him wrong?  Lets also be honest here, the entire defense is a problem right now.  One minute they make a great play, the next they miss a bunch of crap, front, back and middle.

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well trade him maybe.

But honestly, he played very well for most of last season.  How are we using him wrong?  Lets also be honest here, the entire defense is a problem right now.  One minute they make a great play, the next they miss a bunch of crap, front, back and middle.

He’s being used too much in intermediate to deep coverage IMO, that’s why I say make him a WLB and start Everrett at SS. Everrett is a converted corner, very comfortable in coverage. Also if we do that we’ve filled a hole at Lb, Collins won’t seem as overpaid at LB bc he won’t be as deep in coverage. 

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s being used too much in intermediate to deep coverage IMO, that’s why I say make him a WLB and start Everrett at SS. Everrett is a converted corner, very comfortable in coverage. Also if we do that we’ve filled a hole at Lb, Collins won’t seem as overpaid at LB bc he won’t be as deep in coverage. 

I know you are all about the position change.  But most of the time that fails.  It is a risky proposition to move a highly paid player into a new position.  I think they should just use him correctly.  

Honestly, if Rivera is serious about winning, maybe he should just bring in Earl Thomas on a one year deal and let collins truly be a SS.  I am not a fan of Earl Thomas and I thought it was wise to avoid him given the culture change.  But Rivera is failing at the culture change, maybe he should try to win instead.  He might have better luck with that.

Just now, offbyone said:

I know you are all about the position change.  But most of the time that fails.  It is a risky proposition to move a highly paid player into a new position.  I think they should just use him correctly.  

Honestly, if Rivera is serious about winning, maybe he should just bring in Earl Thomas on a one year deal and let collins truly be a SS.  I am not a fan of Earl Thomas and I thought it was wise to avoid him given the culture change.  But Rivera is failing at the culture change, maybe he should try to win instead.  He might have better luck with that.

He’s a box safety which essentially a LB. he’s great around the line of scrimmage  even this year he’s better at that then coming up from safety to make tackles as he’s been taking bad angles just like Apke. I don’t really see it as a big change for him and it caters to his strength. It’s not like moving from DE to DT or CB to FS if you’ve never played the positon 

Just now, turtle28 said:

He’s a box safety which essentially a LB. he’s great around the line of scrimmage  even this year he’s better at that then coming up from safety to make tackles as he’s been taking bad angles just like Apke. I don’t really see it as a big change for him and it caters to his strength. It’s not like moving from DE to DT or CB to FS if you’ve never played the positon 

All logical, but he has never played LB in the nfl.  I guess I like this concept more than your urge to move Fuller to FS because we have a need at LB.  But they might be counting on Holcomb getting healthy and holding the position for him.

You also got to consider something else.  Landon Collins might not want to play LB.  I think the last thing we need is more unhappy players.

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Earl Thomas would be a huge issue in the lockeroom. He got traded from Seattle and cut by the Ravens for personality clashes w/ cosaches, GMs and teammates. I want him bc he’s still good but I don’t want that around the young players.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, turtle28 said:

If your trading Haskins for hopefully a 2nd, you have two 2nds, we have two 3rds bc of the Trent Trade. 

I don’t see us winning more than another game or two, we aren’t as good as last year we really miss Ioannidis as our 3rd DT & our best interior pass rusher. We miss AD a lot, Flowers and Penn. We can’t run successfully which is putting too much pressure on our QBs shoulders no matter who is in there. I thought Nicholson was the worst starting FS in the league last year but it’s obvious that he was at least serviceable and we miss him. 

Other teams will end up with 5/6 wins and I seriously doubt we will. We may end up picking 2nd or 3rd win. I think the Giants are better than us (we ain’t dropping 30 on anyone) the Cowboys are still better than us with Dalton. Maybe we split with the Giants, that’s two wins. Maybe we get one more.

3-13 again, that’s in range to draft Fields or Lance.

I don’t think we’ll have to trade up tbh

I'm hoping for 1-15. 

Yes. I am literally rooting for us to tank. We need talent on this team and I'm tired of winning JUST enough games to miss out on it. We didn't do that last year and our reward was Chase. Who is one piece. We need LOTS more. And the only way to stock the cupboard, is to suck. And I mean SUCK badly.

As for your trade scenario (see bolded)? After the character assassination in the media, we're lucky if we get higher than a 4th rounder for him.

This team is SO stupid. I said it before. Even if everything they have leaked about Dwayne is true. You STHU about it!! Just say "We think going with Kyle gives us a better chance to win right now" and add in "We're completely confident in Dwayne and his development in the system. We just feel that without an offseason, sitting and watching Kyle run the offense will help his development, right now."

You say those things ^^^^ and STHU!!!! Because THEN you can trade him in the offseason and let someone else deal with the immaturity (again - if true). And in the process you don't kill his trade value.

No matter who is GM, we apparently don't know how to maximize trade value and realize when to trade someone. Could've traded Kirk for a 1st at one point. Probably traded Trent for a 1st or a 2nd at one point. We COULD'VE traded Haskins for a 2nd or combo picks. 

But our F.O. is too busy mudslinging players. It's like toddlers went to highschool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm hoping for 1-15. 

Yes. I am literally rooting for us to tank. We need talent on this team

I don't disagree but I am not sure this draft is going to change anything if we are picking 4th or 13th.  The only difference is if we can get Lawrence and I don't think that will be possible.  The nfl draft is already a crap shoot and because of covid we aren't able to evaluate players' growth properly this year.  So unless we achieve this 1-15, I just don't know if the benefit of tanking is there.  I think Rivera needs to try to win in order to get a head check and make some realizations this year.  Like for instance, maybe Scott Turner isn't the guy to lead the offense.  I don't want that evaluation put off for another year.

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't disagree but I am not sure this draft is going to change anything if we are picking 4th or 13th.  The only difference is if we can get Lawrence and I don't think that will be possible.  The nfl draft is already a crap shoot and because of covid we aren't able to evaluate players' growth properly this year.  So unless we achieve this 1-15, I just don't know if the benefit of tanking is there.  I think Rivera needs to try to win in order to get a head check and make some realizations this year.  Like for instance, maybe Scott Turner isn't the guy to lead the offense.  I don't want that evaluation put off for another year.

Hence why I want us to lose out. I want them to try to win, and lose.

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hence why I want us to lose out. I want them to try to win, and lose.

The football gods will curse us if we go all in on tanking.  Just like Luck, Lawrence will end up with injury problems or something like that which stunt what could be an epic career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

The football gods will curse us if we go all in on tanking.  Just like Luck, Lawrence will end up with injury problems or something like that which stunt what could be an epic career.

No. I want us to tank. I always want the team to try to win. I never want the players to give up on the season. I want them to fight their guts out and lose games. Close games like 24-21, etc... But at the end of the day, I...as a fan...want 1-15.